Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I don't know if anyone plans to be at the big RV show in Pomona Ca that happens in October. It's the biggest Mfg supported show on the West coast that has been going on for many years. There are reps from all the big mfg there. Well, as it looks at this time there will be no Outdoors RV units or reps there. Probably no units from Northwood either other than perhaps pickup campers. I would hope I am wrong, but probably not. If I hear otherwise I let ya know.
Good to know, I wonder why Outdoor and Northwood won't show?
kowaprou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #758

What satellite/model and provider do you use to watch TV while traveling? How does the cable connections work at campsites that provide them?
Likes2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #759

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No satellite for me, I'm in the stone age. I use the power antenna, RV park cable or a Seinfeild CD. Maybe a magazine and an adult beverage.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #760

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
Hey 1010 - what I did to stop the end caps from coming out was to drill a small hole through the bumper and end cap (top or side) and put in a 1" cotter key (should be a snug fit). We had a 5'er that we hauled around for 25 years - the original end caps were still in place. Please note that you have to watch where you drill into these new caps as you want to drill into plastic.
On our prior trailer I drilled a 1/4" hole through the bumper (top & bottom) & dropped a 1/4" bolt into it to prevent the hose from sliding out if the cap came off (never did), may still do that with the new trailer.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Camp View Post
What satellite/model and provider do you use to watch TV while traveling? How does the cable connections work at campsites that provide them?
Winegard Carryout satellite, with Dish Network. I like being able to activate or cancel service when we travel. You can take the receiver from your home & put it into your RV if you choose or purchase a receiver and keep it in your RV, we chose to purchase a second receiver & leave it in our RV. Using a sat receiver from home you will get all your "local" channels, if you have a separate receiver you keep in the RV & only activate it when you want to use it then you contact Dish, activate the receiver, give them your "new" address and zip code and request your prior zip code be changed to your "new" zip code. When you move on you can continue sat service if you want. When you no longer want the service, cancel and request Dish return to your home zip code for your local channels at home. There is a process to activate sat service & it can get frustrating, especially if you have no cell service at your camp site.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
No satellite for me, I'm in the stone age. I use the power antenna, RV park cable or a Seinfeild CD. Maybe a magazine and an adult beverage.
One of the deals I made with the wife for being away from home for a month or more and not in an RV park with cable was the satellite. Activating the service can be very frustrating, but the more I use it the easier it has become.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #763

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Camp View Post
The iRV2 administrators will likely move this post to a non-OutdoorsRV thread.

We use DISH Network for traveling with a Tailgater antenna. Setting it up is easy if you have a clear view of the southern sky. If you have stuff blocking that view it can be a problem. You need to call DISH each time you are at a new location if you want the local channels. DISH customer support is mostly irritating, with a few random exceptions. Yes you can turn your subscription on and off on a monthly basis but there is a $5+ charge for the months it is not activated.

Cable TV at RV parks, from our experience varies from awful to barely acceptable. Very few have upgraded to high definition.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #764

2013 Blackstoobe 280 rlsb

Started to do my pre-winter roof cleaning, had a good look at the Skylight domes. The one over the living area had a few small cracks from the flange to the dome. Then looked at the two other domes, sure enough both had cracks at or near as the first one. Called the Dealer where the previous owner had bought it, NON Stock IITEM, but would check with Outdoor RV, to get a price, an approx. two to three weeks delivery. Called another dealer, ( In the Lower mainland of Vancouver B.C. ) same they would have to check with Outdoors RV to find out what the product was and how long to deliver.

Called Camping World in Burlington Washington, ( 40 minute drive south of the border ) they don't handle Outdoor RV, but the parts manager knew, the exact size and had only two in stock ( members price approx. $ 100. )

Drove down and picked the two up and pre-paid for the third. These lenses a twice as thick as stock ( 1/8 of an inch. compared to 1/16 ) Best part about this exercise is the Box Label ( Icon Tech. Skylight, SL 1422C, Clear P/N 011820, Product of Canada )

So check your lens very carefully before the RAIN starts.
Bob Eldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #765

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Eldridge View Post
Drove down and picked the two up and pre-paid for the third. These lenses a twice as thick as stock ( 1/8 of an inch. compared to 1/16 ) Best part about this exercise is the Box Label ( Icon Tech. Skylight, SL 1422C, Clear P/N 011820, Product of Canada )

So check your lens very carefully before the RAIN starts.
Gotta print this letter out so I have a hard copy! Thanks Bob, you did it again!!
P.S. if you talk to the MFR, can you ask the best way to care for them? I'm consider pouring tool grip on them for the winter..
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #766

1010; we picked an Outdoors RV product last year (champagne taste, beer budget, so bought a Black Rock, their entry level line) and can make a few observations. The designs of Outdoors RV products still seem to be based on Fleetwood products. When ORV purchased the design rights and took the factory over, from my observation,they then applied their own thinking to already sound designs. My Fleetwood Pioneer was an entry level also, but in ten years of ownership, it was trouble free and worked well. The Black Rock is the same size, just a better design for two people as opposed to two people and a whack of kids that we need with the Fleetwood. You'll find lots of comments about quality, workmanship etc on line, but work back to the basics. The chassis is heavier, and better made. This is obviously even to the uneducated eye (mine!). The structure of the frame is stronger than stick frame, and I have always believed fiberglass to be a better wall product for a trailer. I like how ORV cuts outdoor and window holes by computer, which means there is less play once the window or door is fitted. Translates to less leaks, and easier maintenance, I love how they put in a 5 inch curved roof. Water that can't pool is more likely to run off than leak in.

If you build your thinking from that, you'll realise that buying an ORV product is a pretty safe bet. Yes, there will be some quality control issues, and aggravations with the various components, but at the end of the day, you have a durable product that's worth the time and effort to keep.

Put your wish list togther, and just do the changes you think are sensible. In our case, we installed 2 six volt golf car batteries. More capacity, and better than, 2 twelve volt. We had the air conditioner removed, and replaced with Fantastic Fan's top model. Not only a top quality product, for our type of camping, something we can genuinely use dry camping. We also opted to install a 160w solar panel, and may well add more panels as tome progresses. Put in a better quality mattress. Stuff like this improves your pleasure of use. And don't sweat the small stuff!

Enjoy your choice,

Nick B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #767

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nick B.,

Well said! Wow, removing the A/C, a mod I have never heard of. Sounds like you have no summer trips planned for the great USA Southwest! Or even down to eastern Washington or Idaho. Sad, we will miss all those Canadian $$$!

Bob
Old 08-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #768
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
Nick B.,

Well said! Wow, removing the A/C, a mod I have never heard of. Sounds like you have no summer trips planned for the great USA Southwest! Or even down to eastern Washington or Idaho. Sad, we will miss all those Canadian $$$!

Bob

Bob...it gets warm in the Thompson/Okanagn/Shuswap as well...had 41c in the shade in Merritt end of July. Come north with your US dollars...

Nick B.....great comments and succulently said. Thanks

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #769

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Bob...it gets warm in the Thompson/Okanagn/Shuswap as well...had 41c in the shade in Merritt end of July. Come north with your US dollars...

Nick B.....great comments and succulently said. Thanks

Coops
Coops,

I'm guessing you are back from your latest adventure. And it sounded terrific! We definitely will come north, but with our A/C!. We'll bring enough US$ for everything except booze. We plan to only drink yours while there.

Bob
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #770
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
Coops,

I'm guessing you are back from your latest adventure. And it sounded terrific! We definitely will come north, but with our A/C!. We'll bring enough US$ for everything except booze. We plan to only drink yours while there.

Bob
Bob

A single malt awaits your visit..as well as an imported Alberta wine.

We accept US$ at par...what a deal

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote