Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #561

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Pick Up My New 2014 23RKS Tomorrow

Looking forward to picking up the new trailer Saturday afternoon. It will be my first all new trailer. Been studying PDI check lists all this week. I just wish my first time towing it, wasn't on the busy 405 freeway. Oh well, life is built on exciting experiences. I'm sure it will be fine as I make way back to the high desert north of LA. Winds are expected to be light.

Other notes: My trailer born on date: is 02/2014. Mine does have the moved hot water heater and other things as described by "LBZYA" in his forum posts.
Hope I can sleep tonight. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #562

Outdoors RV Owners Club
13;2074845]Looking forward to picking up the new trailer Saturday afternoon. It will be my first all new trailer. Been studying PDI check lists all this week. I just wish my first time towing it, wasn't on the busy 405 freeway. Oh well, life is built on exciting experiences. I'm sure it will be fine as I make way back to the high desert north of LA. Winds are expected to be light.

Other notes: My trailer born on date: is 02/2014. Mine does have the moved hot water heater and other things as described by "LBZYA" in his forum posts.
Hope I can sleep tonight. I'll let everyone know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Take your time on the pdi and point out any and every discrepancy possible. My trailer was born on the same run as yours. The last of the 2014. Congrats on the new trailer!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #563
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin25113 View Post
Looking forward to picking up the new trailer Saturday afternoon. It will be my first all new trailer. Been studying PDI check lists all this week. I just wish my first time towing it, wasn't on the busy 405 freeway. Oh well, life is built on exciting experiences. I'm sure it will be fine as I make way back to the high desert north of LA. Winds are expected to be light.

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase...enjoy.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #564

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations

Quote:

Congrats on the new purchase. Once you get in that new trailer, you'll sleep like a baby . Many happy travels.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #565

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I should call up my salesman, probably theirs, and have him give them a hard time,,,LOL. Great guys there at Neils.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:04 PM   #566

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:

Congratulations and welcome to the OutdoorsRV "club"! If I am correct, your starting point is North Hills and going north from there will be a piece of cake. My most dreaded white knuckle trailer trips are on the 405 starting from the Ventura Freeway and going south into Orange County. Absolutely terrifying!

You will love your new rig! And Ridgecrest will be a great place to start your camping adventures.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:33 AM   #567

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:

Congratulations!
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #568

Outdoors RV Owners Club
For those of you that have the fantastic fans I was wondering are you able to open the lid just a little bit using the electronic opening feature? I am going to replace the only vent I have with a power fan vent. I am leaning more towards the Maxx Air 4500K model vs the fantastic fan. I like the idea of having a hand held remote control to put next to the bed at night. Any input will be helpful.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #569

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
For those of you that have the fantastic fans I was wondering are you able to open the lid just a little bit using the electronic opening feature? I am going to replace the only vent I have with a power fan vent. I am leaning more towards the Maxx Air 4500K model vs the fantastic fan. I like the idea of having a hand held remote control to put next to the bed at night. Any input will be helpful.
LBZA:

If I'm not mistaken, I need to open it manually if I want it just partially opened, but I could be wrong on that.
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #570

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by arveer View Post
LBZA:

If I'm not mistaken, I need to open it manually if I want it just partially opened, but I could be wrong on that.
With the electrically operated Fantastic vent cover, it is all the way, either up or down.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #571

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It's all or nothing. Pull the knob down and twist to go part way. I wonder about how it goes up with motor, seems to stop like its hitting the stop.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #572

Outdoors RV Owners Club
These are fantastic fans that are in your trailers? I was trying to avoid putting on one of those vent covers and at night I only open the lid a little bit and let the fan run to cut down on the condensation. I was hoping that I would be able to do it all with the remote control. I will have to check out the Maxx Air to see if that brand operates the way I need it to. Thanks for all your replies.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
These are fantastic fans that are in your trailers? I was trying to avoid putting on one of those vent covers and at night I only open the lid a little bit and let the fan run to cut down on the condensation. I was hoping that I would be able to do it all with the remote control. I will have to check out the Maxx Air to see if that brand operates the way I need it to. Thanks for all your replies.
We always leave our roof vents open, trouble was while we were gone a storm dumped quite a bit of rain and ruined our mattress, only damage other then water clean up & drying out around the roof vents. I installed roof vent covers, no worries but it does restrict air movement & you will notice it. With the Black Stone all 3 vents are fantastic fans, I put on the fantastic fan covers and the fans work just as good, difference is when the fans are not on, the covers prevent natural air flow. The fantastic fan vents are only "adjustable" when on the manual mode, otherwise the vent is all the way open or closed.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #574

From what I am reading, Outdoors RV is meeting the expectations of those who have purchased an Outdoors RV trailer so I must be the minority. We purchased & ordered a 2013 Black Stone 280RLSB after much research and seeing a Black Stone trailer, we were impressed. After a good experience doing the same back in 2002, we did it again, not the good experience this time. The 2014 we took delivery of is not what we saw in the 2013 at the dealer's lot. We have had issues with our Black Stone, most notably the tongue weight, but the fit & finish lacks a lot and continues to degrade, today we found the ceiling of the living room slide separating & "falling down". The slide ceiling is spot (about the size of the tip of your little finger) glued on a 2x stringer about every 12 inches, now it is hanging loose for about 6 feet, good news is the light fixtures will prevent it from falling completely down. Our Black Stone has been at the dealers for Warranty repairs for over half the time we have owned it, most of these repairs should not have been made to begin with, never made it past the factory inspections or the dealer inspections. I have been corresponding with the factory rep of Outdoors RV since we purchased the Black Stone & his response has always been quick and as helpful as he can be. We are making arrangements to take our Black Stone to La Grande & have been promised to have our trailer gone over completely. I looked to Outdoors Rv as making a quality trailer, to say I am disappointed is an understatement.