Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #1

Outdoors RV

I am looking at the Brook Stone TT made by Outdoors RV, any one have good or bad comments on the quality and factory response to defects or complaints?
1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
I am looking at the Brook Stone TT made by Outdoors RV, any one have good or bad comments on the quality and factory response to defects or complaints?
We took delivery of our 2014 Outdoors RV Wind River 250RDSW a few weeks back. We've been on a couple trips since and it tows great. We had your typical small issue here and there listed below:

1. One of the heat vents was scratched up a bit exposing the raw metal. They replaced it.
2. The shower door frame had been bent during install or after, unsure. New one on the way.
3. Small cut in the kitchen floor. Professional will be repairing since we didn't want to go through the hassle of a full replacement.
4. Carpet is snagged where the slide runs in and out. New carpet is on the way.

Not a single hassle with the above. No questions asked, replacement sent.

We have zero leaks, roof is done well. They have a new wall lamination facility that was just built. Ours was one of the first to go through the facility. I'm very happy with the construction overall. The LED lights inside and out are a huge benefit, the electric tongue jack and stabilizers with remote control make it a dream to set up and hitch up. Really love the huge almost full length awning as well.

No complaints here. we are happy with our choice. We were at the dealer after months of research ready to buy an Arctic Fox 25Y when we saw a Wind River. It had all the things we wished the AF had but were willing to live without. I guess we didn't have to go without.

The reason we were comfortable and switched to the Wind River is because of the very similar construction to the AF. AF manufacturers the frame, Outdoors RV is owned by Nash, The exterior walls are all laminated... even the back wall, fiberglass cap in front, many features that were "extra" on other brands are standard on Outdoors RV models, full length awning, fully enclosed underbelly, flush windows like on coaches, all LED lights inside and out, thoughtful layout, the suspension has shocks where some don't, barreled ceiling, quality of materials and construction. There is much more we considered but you must understand. We are extremely picky and research the hell out of our choices. I am comfortable with our choice. No regrets.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you talking about the Black Stone (Outdoors RV Mfg. doesn't have a line called the Brook Stone)?

Although we haven't looked at that particular line, when we sell our current RV, we're most likely going to buy a Creek Side travel trailer. The Black Stone is Outdoors RV Mfg.'s top of the line.

I suppose you know that Ron Nash, owner of Northwood RV Mfg. (makers of Arctic Fox) also owns Outdoors RV Mfg.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
Are you talking about the Black Stone (Outdoors RV Mfg. doesn't have a line called the Brook Stone)?

Although we haven't looked at that particular line, when we sell our current RV, we're most likely going to buy a Creek Side travel trailer. The Black Stone is Outdoors RV Mfg.'s top of the line.

I suppose you know that Ron Nash, owner of Northwood RV Mfg. (makers of Arctic Fox) also owns Outdoors RV Mfg.
Artic Fox is a highly regarded(probably the best) truck camper you can buy in regards to quality, customer service, and design engineering. Most notably, they use very thick aluminum beams for the structure, then fill the beams with wood beams inside to the bolts and screws have something to actually grab onto. They also make super thick walls and ceilings. You can literally stack over 30 people on the roof of an artic fox, they have it on video, see youtube. The ceiling fan wells are likes 4 inches thick, you can see how deep the roof is by looking at the fan. It's a true 4 season camper.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmandt View Post
We took delivery of our 2014 Outdoors RV Wind River 250RDSW a few weeks back. We've been on a couple trips since and it tows great. We had your typical small issue here and there listed below:

1. One of the heat vents was scratched up a bit exposing the raw metal. They replaced it.
2. The shower door frame had been bent during install or after, unsure. New one on the way.
3. Small cut in the kitchen floor. Professional will be repairing since we didn't want to go through the hassle of a full replacement.
4. Carpet is snagged where the slide runs in and out. New carpet is on the way.

Not a single hassle with the above. No questions asked, replacement sent.

We have zero leaks, roof is done well. They have a new wall lamination facility that was just built. Ours was one of the first to go through the facility. I'm very happy with the construction overall. The LED lights inside and out are a huge benefit, the electric tongue jack and stabilizers with remote control make it a dream to set up and hitch up. Really love the huge almost full length awning as well.

No complaints here. we are happy with our choice. We were at the dealer after months of research ready to buy an Arctic Fox 25Y when we saw a Wind River. It had all the things we wished the AF had but were willing to live without. I guess we didn't have to go without.

The reason we were comfortable and switched to the Wind River is because of the very similar construction to the AF. AF manufacturers the frame, Outdoors RV is owned by Nash, The exterior walls are all laminated... even the back wall, fiberglass cap in front, many features that were "extra" on other brands are standard on Outdoors RV models, full length awning, fully enclosed underbelly, flush windows like on coaches, all LED lights inside and out, thoughtful layout, the suspension has shocks where some don't, barreled ceiling, quality of materials and construction. There is much more we considered but you must understand. We are extremely picky and research the hell out of our choices. I am comfortable with our choice. No regrets.
Thanks for your reply, we are looking at the Arctic Fox as you were, the only Arctic Fox dealer around here is 140 miles away and when I got on the dealer web site I saw they had a Black Stone. We drove down and looked at the Black Stone and the Arctic Fox (similar models) and the Black Stone stood out in our minds. The Arctic Fox model we liked was at the dealership, the like Black Stone was not, so we are hoping the dealership will get one in so we can actually see it. We are extremely picky too, and like you research, research, so I really appreciate your reply.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post

I stand corrected, the wife and I have looked at so many TTs, and the day I posted, we had compared the Arctic Fox and the Brook Stone at the dealership and on the two hour drive back home, and for way too long after we got home. I stopped correcting her and she stopped correcting me as both brand names got butchered so many times.
I am aware that Outdoors RV Mfg. is owned by R. Nash and that Outdoors RV & Arctic Fox are built the same frame up with some differences and with the same quality (so they say). From what we have seen the Black Stone lacks some things the Arctic Fox has that I would prefer, but they are not deal breakers, as the Black Stone offers some things that the Arctic Fox does not. We are interested in quality and value and I think Outdoors RV is on the right track. Appreciate your response, we all have different tastes and budgets, the bottom line is the quality of the trailers and how the company stands behind what they build.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you have not seen the Outdoors RV Wind River line I think you should look at it. You would not be giving much up from the Black Stone, except maybe some weight and price.

Good luck!
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by arveer View Post
If you have not seen the Outdoors RV Wind River line I think you should look at it. You would not be giving much up from the Black Stone, except maybe some weight and price.

Good luck!
Exactly our reasoning for sticking with the Wind River. We actually added the missing amenities to the Wind River so ours is outfitted similarly to the Black Stone
Old 05-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmandt View Post
Exactly our reasoning for sticking with the Wind River. We actually added the missing amenities to the Wind River so ours is outfitted similarly to the Black Stone
There is a Wind River with the same floor plan as the Black Stone so we are going to go look at it so we will have a better idea on the Black Stone. We looked at a Wind River which had a different floor plan then what we want. I think we are going to make a decision on this trip, it is a long way to drive to looky lu. No competition for Arctic Fox or Outdoors RV in N. Ca. which makes it hard to know what a good price is let alone a good deal.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #10

We recently picked up our new Wind River 240RKSW and apart from a couple of very minor issues, we are extremely happy with it. We previously owner an Arctic Fox and we in the process of buying a new 25Y when we saw the Wind River. We eventually landed on a Wind River and are very happy with our choice.
canadacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #11

We decided on the Black Stone 280RLSB and ordered the options we wanted. This is the last RV we figure on buying so we we went for what we wanted and the Black Stone pretty much does that. One of the reasons I like the Black Stone are the holding tanks, they are larger then any TT I have looked at. will be unable to take delivery of the trailer until Sept. due to commitments.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #12

Congrats on the decision! We have decided on the WindRiver 250RLSW, mainly due to the floor plan. Our need is not until early in 2014 so we are waiting to purchase until late this year.
BubbaHut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
1010 & rxeightr, both excellent choices!
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We purchased a 2013 250 rdsw ...so far service from outdoor rv outstanding...they are replacing the tankless Girard gen 1 with the new gen 2 ...free of charge.
For me the Jury is still out using tankless hot water tank..but will see.
Build and quality of trailer is good...chassis and frame outstanding.

For those looking at new trailers give Outdoor RV products a look..built in the West..by a reputable company
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote