Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:32 PM   #1

RB22 creekside water pump

I have an OutdoorsRV RB22 Creekside that may have to have the water pump replaced.
I'd like to do it myself.
I've looked on YouTube and there are videos showing how to do the job but nothing I can find about my specific unit.... 2013 22 ft Creekside.

Where is the pump and is it difficult to replace? Should I replace it with a 'factory'
original (the very same make and model)?
Do I need specialized tools?
I'm new at this and mechanics in general but I have time on my hands now and have been repairing and maintaining a few things on this RV in the past year.... simple things... and I'd like to do repairs if I can.
This Forum seems like a good place to learn.

Gary
gary1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2021, 06:12 AM   #2

I can't tell you where it is, but if you can access it the job is pretty simple. You don't need to replace it with the exact model, as there are many pumps available, some very basic and others including extra features (variable speed, for example).
A clue in helping locate it is that they seem to generally be near the tank fill, as close to the actual tank as possible.
What makes you suspect it as being bad?
CosmikDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:56 AM   #3

My wife and I returned from dry camping for 4 days. I drained our water tank and I had the trailer power turned off. My wife was inside and had the pump turned on just before that and I thought she turned the pump off.... she didn't. I plugged the trailer into shore power.... our house. I went into the trailer about 4 hours later and heard the pump... it had been running with NO water for all that time. I'm pretty sure it's damaged... don't you think?
Old 06-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmikDebris View Post
I
What makes you suspect it as being bad?
See my reply above. I think it may be damaged because it was left on and running with no water.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If the trailer is at your S&B, put some water back in the fresh water tank and test the pump. If the pump was damaged, you may be able to get a rebuild kit for it, or just install a new pump. Sorry I can't help you with the location of the pump on your model.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #6

RV pumps are designed to run dry.........for days w/o damage
Diaphragms only move back/forth about 1/8", build up no heat, do NOT require 'coolant'

Very good chance pump is 100%

As suggested.....fill up fresh water tank
Open a faucet Hot side...insure Water Heater fills/is full (if drained and element was on.it is toast)
Turn pump on and allow it to prime...force air out the open faucet
Then swap to Cold side on faucet and repeat bleeding of air from system

IF..big IF...pump is caput then you can replace with MANY Many various brands/models
OEM pump has 1/2" inlet/outlet connections

Water Pump is going to be very close to the fresh water tank....probably inside a cabinet just above the tank
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #7

I did put some water in the fresh water tank yesterday right after I discovered it was on. I turned it off and put about 3+ gallons or more in the tank... a guess as I let the water hose run for a minute or so. I turned the pump on and the pump seemed to be working fine at that time. The hot water tank switch wasn't turned on when the pump was running without water for the 4 hours by mistake. When I drained the fresh water tank I'm assuming the hot water tank was still full?
I'll go out now and test it some more as you suggested.

AN ASIDE: When I have my RV plugged into my house (onshore power) and my Power Switch in my RV (THE BIG DIAL KNOB) turned OFF will my two 6volt RV batteries charge... from my shore power... my house outlet? Or... do I have to have my RV power turned on in order for my house outlet power to reach my batteries to charge them? The reason I'm asking is that my RV was plugged into my house power... with my RV power know turned OFF for at least two weeks before I went dry camping for 4 days and my two new 6 volt .... expensive ... batteries did not fully charge in that two week time I was connected to my house power. I bought the batteries new last fall and stored the in my house all winter using a 3.5 AMP Genius charger to regularly charge them up. I now realize I should use a larger AMP charger to get a full deep charge on these 6volt batteries. Right?
Old 06-19-2021, 03:23 PM   #8

Big Red Dial....sounds like a Battery Disconnect Switch

DC switch FF...no battery charging

When connected to shore power leave DC switch ON so converter can charge/maintain battery voltages

Turn DC switch OFF when in storage to conserve batteries
*still can have drain on batteries due to parasitic loads such as LP Detector, electronics etc
Unless ALL wiring on battery POS Post goes thru the DC Switch
Old 06-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #9

Here's some photos of the WATER PUMP. It is right near the Fresh Water tank which is located inside the trailer under the the couch seating.

Is that bit of tubing that is crimped a bit a problem? It's been like that since we bought it in Sept 2019.... and before as I've never had any water pump work done at the RV shop... maybe Factory installed? It's a 2013 bought new in 2014 I was told by previous owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210619_141608.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	332747   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210619_141442.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	332748  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210619_141600.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	332749  
Old 06-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #10

Hose is a bit long hence the crimp in it....that can restrict flow on suction side

Should remove those PEX crimps (not necessary on Soft tubing)
*cut them off....Dremel ----careful to not cut the tubing....just score the crimp band then twist off with pliers
Shorten tubing...reinstall using Hose Clamps
Old 06-20-2021, 12:00 AM   #11

So.... I switched the big red know from OFF to ON an hour ago. The RV is plugged into my house 110 socket.
Okay to leave the 'Battery Disconnect" ... the Red Dial... turned ON while plugged into my house power while parked in my yard for a few weeks before heading out again? I won't damage the 6volt batteries?

Gary
Old 06-20-2021, 09:53 AM   #12

Your converter/charger should maintain batteries ...... 3 stage charger

Post the model of converter....look it up on internet
Find out how it works
Old 06-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Your converter/charger should maintain batteries ...... 3 stage charger

Post the model of converter....look it up on internet
Find out how it works
I have an Inverter that I installed.
I'll look for the CONVERTER.
I've not seen one yet but I'm thinking it must be near the fuse box?
Old 06-20-2021, 03:34 PM   #14

It is the fuse box. AC comes in and it routes to outlets and appliances and converts to DC for the rest of your stuff.

Tags
pump, water, water pump