Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2022, 08:06 AM   #1
GBB

Recliners

We are looking to replace our two recliners in our 2019 24 RLS Titanium.One of them is falling apart. Any recommendations on a couple recliners. Wall huggers would be preferred.

Thanks..
GBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBB View Post
We are looking to replace our two recliners in our 2019 24 RLS Titanium.One of them is falling apart. Any recommendations on a couple recliners. Wall huggers would be preferred.

Thanks..
Interested in doing this as well, so will be watching this thread.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBB View Post

Thanks..
Had some friends replace their and they went with Lazy Boys from a local store.
They even had them take the old ones away, for a small fee.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Replaced our Booth/Table setup with 2 Lambright Dutchboy RV Theater seating with console. Was easy to bring the chairs in without the back on and once the chair bases and console was installed, slipped the backs on thru our 22FSQ 26" door. Note - they operate on 120vac and I use a small 300 watt inverter to power them, but on my inverter plug into the 12vdc port, I really should not attempt to raise or lower both at the same time when the inverter is in use and not plugged into shore power.

We both really like the premiun covering material being real "Ultraleather" brand. Very soft and comfortable. Only time will tell on the durability of the build, but they are made by Amish hand crafted. (not cheap!)

https://lambrightcomfortchairllc.com/ I did not buy my set directly from them, but one can order directly also, they offer many different options and styles.
LSkrabut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:30 PM   #5

Go to your local furniture stores and browse and sit in them. Not all are created equal.
The backs come off most all so removle and install is easy. Biggest thing is measuring you space for fitment.
We've replaced our 25RDS Lippert sofa with two https://www.besthf.com/best/Furniture/Recliners
We've also bought one of their theater seating sofas for another trailer. We're smaller people and have trouble finding some Lazy Boy stuff that will fit in our trailers so thats why went with Best Furniture.
We actually ordered our current set. Picked out the material and wood arm finishing's.

I would stay away from Recpro and Thomas payne stuff. And I would and do 100% sit in and try out my furniture before buying.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #6

Just replaced mine for the second time. This time I bought two Lazy boy recliners. Not cheap but they will last.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:39 AM   #7

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was wondering with so many replacing on what seems to be a rather short period of time, how many are full timing vs. weekend warriors? With the price of what my new on order trailer is, I will be very disappointed if I have to replace because of wear/failure/fatigue etc. We will not be full timing so I expect these things to last for a number of years.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everlooking View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was wondering with so many replacing on what seems to be a rather short period of time, how many are full timing vs. weekend warriors? With the price of what my new on order trailer is, I will be very disappointed if I have to replace because of wear/failure/fatigue etc. We will not be full timing so I expect these things to last for a number of years.
We use ours about 4 months a year.

Most RV furniture is junk.
00 Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #9

Replaced the cheap, uncomfortable, plastic leather (pleather) rocker recliners with 2 lazyboy fabric rocker recliners that I cutom ordered! Chairs to get old in!
We do not FT, use out DRV 5th wheel 5-6 months (May-Oct)
psmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:51 AM   #10

We looked at 3 ORV trailers before we bought our 25RDS. We looked at the 24RKS and the 24RLS. In the 24RLS we sat in the recliners and hated them period and knew they would be the 1st thing to get replaced. Clunky and to big for us.
Even shopping other brands prior we knew going in that some furniture would be replaced.
We're not FT'ers but do about 5 nights a year. There's times in the summer when we hardly use the recliners but in the fall and spring we may sit in them for 5-6 hours a day depending on the weather.
JMHO but the stuff most RV manufactures use for furniture is cheap junk. It's okay for the 20 nights a year crowd but would you even consider it for home use? One size doesn't fit all when it comes to furniture and mattresses. If you plan on spending a lot of time in a recliner or theater seat then spend some time trying them out.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:20 PM   #11

We've had our 24RLS Titanium for a year. We actually find the recliners comfortable and a good height. We are both tall. That said, the quality of the covering is not great and already has tears from bumping while underway. I don't know that we'll replace them this year but probably next year. We are not full timers.
laura970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Since we are part-time users of our fifth, we tossed the cheap crappy Lippert recliners last year with two from Wayfair. Paid about $280 each.

They are fabric not leather or pleather.

Expensive furniture is reserved for our house.

Have fun shopping!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:44 AM   #13

I'll second the Best brand especially if you are looking at a smaller size recliner. If you are ever in the Yuma area, Newberry Furniture is a good dealer.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a 24RLS and we replaced ours with the Recpro brand. They weren’t cheap and they aren’t true leather but they are lighter than the original so easier to move in and out when bring in the slide. They are a little short so if you are a tall person they will not be comfortable. The challenge is that the space where they have to travel is about 30 inches so many will not fit when the slide is in. If you are new a Camping World I think I’ve seen them there so you could sit in some to check out comfort.
spogdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recliner