Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

San-T Flush not working

Model: 2017 Blackstone 260 RSL
Purchased used, 1 owner
Dont know if San-T flush system worked previously
No water is flowing from hose into connection. Hear no flowing water sound nor any whirring noise that should be associated indicating it is operational. ?
Ross D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #2

I have no experience with the San-T Flush, but on my previous MH it had a Black tank flush fitting. When hooked to the potable water, you could hear the water flowing into and spraying the sides of the tank. Also, the water would be visible flowing into the dump from the hose.
4everlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep, you should hear water spraying inside the tank, and water coming out of the drain hose when flushing. That way you can tell if it's working.

Be sure to keep the drain open during the process. Once the water covers the spray head, it becomes useless. Water will try and backup thru the vacuum breaker/backflow preventer inside the trailer as well. It will make a mess if it does. Also use full 60 psi or more to feed the flusher.

In your case maybe the PO removed the system? The only way to tell is to drop the bottom cover and look at the hose system and spray head. Check the feed line to the tank for being disconnected and plugged. If you can, look behind the hose connection to see if it was disconnected there.

Some owners disconnect the system if they have issues with it.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:34 PM   #4

The valve at the shore hose connection on mine was installed backwards at the factory. I always had water pressure at the fitting when disconnected. The stealership fixed it under warranty. I would suggest checking that before getting too deep into the system. You can remove the outside retaining bracket from the side of the coach.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
As Bill mentioned it is possible that the check valve was installed backwards. It also s possible that the previous owner never used it and it has developed a "crust" over the spray head. You might fill the black tank up with fresh water and let it sit over night before trying to use the flush again. It may soak that stuff off and unplug it.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:14 AM   #6

FWIW, mine is near totally silent when working. Can't hear anything. Only indication that it is working is water flowing out of drain hose.
Danny Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:30 AM   #7

I have had two coaches with it.

I use a digital flowmeter and add water until it is 5 gallons from capacity and then I open the valve to drain and flush the tank. I can't usually hear the water running.

There is not enough pressure and spray for it to do much cleaning inside the tank. When breaking camp I usually fill the black tank once or twice with water until I can't see anymore debris flowing out. Then I add a couple gallons of water.... Dawn soap.... Calgon water softener and a septic tabet.
Judge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:08 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mine has plenty of pressure, I think it depends on the pressure at your spigot.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billinwoodla View Post
The valve at the shore hose connection on mine was installed backwards at the factory. I always had water pressure at the fitting when disconnected. The stealership fixed it under warranty. I would suggest checking that before getting too deep into the system. You can remove the outside retaining bracket from the side of the coach.
Thx. Some responses I got mentioned the drain had to be open for it to work. I made sure of this during my recent discharge. It still didnt work so that isnt the reason its not working. I too had significant water pressure at the connection making it difficult to even get the hose disconnected. Ill try your suggestion to remove the retaining bracket. Maybe mine was put in backward. or plugged. Ill let you know. Thx for your help
Old 07-01-2021, 04:01 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is their instruction sheet...it does mention leaving the drain open, and does not mention reducing the water pressure.

San-T-Flush-Black-Tank-Flush-Instructions.pdf

ORV installs two heads in the 50 gallon black tank.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:27 PM   #11

I just had to replace the vacuum break in mine. It worked fine for 2+ years then suddenly no flow.
I first thought the sprayer was plugged.
I was starting the research for the placement of the sprayer ( I planned to cut a hole in the underside to get to it) then decided to try the easiest fix first.
Under the bathroom sink is where my vacuum break is located.
Bought a new one from a well known online retailer and replaced it in 5 minutes. Problem solved.

I have no idea how or why it just quit working.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnrider View Post
I just had to replace the vacuum break in mine. It worked fine for 2+ years then suddenly no flow.
I first thought the sprayer was plugged.
I was starting the research for the placement of the sprayer ( I planned to cut a hole in the underside to get to it) then decided to try the easiest fix first.
Under the bathroom sink is where my vacuum break is located.
Bought a new one from a well known online retailer and replaced it in 5 minutes. Problem solved.

I have no idea how or why it just quit working.
Thx. Ill check that out. As of yet Ive had no success.