Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2020, 05:44 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I put this on to hold the hose I use when I’m hooked up and I use the bumper for my dump station hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	420.7 KB
ID:	291386  
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2020, 05:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTS View Post
Had the same issue on our 19 24RLS.
1- take a file and deburr each end of the bumper tube, there were some nasty and sharp burrs from the cutoff saw.
2- take an angle grinder with a sanding disc and give each flat on the Stinky Slinky fittings a kiss, it doesnt take much. By hitting each flat equally your not compromising the strength of the fitting.
Were you using the Campco Rhino Flex hose?
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:21 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
Were you using the Campco Rhino Flex hose?
Yes we are, I just took about a 1/16" off of each flat and it gave adequate clearance.

Biggest thing though is to deburr the cut ends of the bumper, they were nasty on ours.
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
We just picked up our new 250 RKS and am in the process of getting it set up. One surprise is that the bumper storage for the sewer hose is too small for the fittings of a Campco Rhino Flex hose. I can jam it in a little, but just barely before it binds up. Kind of disappointing. I know I could buy some PVC and make a storage container but just not crazy about that idea and don't know why they wouldn't include a bumper that can store a decent sewer hose.

Does anyone have suggestions on a decent quality sewer hose that fits the standard ORV bumper? The inside diameter of my bumper is 3.75".
I found that the Rhino hoses come in two different models. The Rhinoflex ones seem to fit in the bumper but the Rhinoextreme have fittings that need to be knocked down a little on each side to slide in better. Look inside the the bumper and see if there is some slag that is causing it to bind. Mine catches a tiny bit but with a slight push fits in.
spogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:34 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here is my solution, two Valterra sewer hose holders. I keep a third sewer hose in the bumper, but it is a lousy cheap one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AE662EF4-EC61-45F4-8FCA-A8E515C04BAB.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	291489  
wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Home Depot 5" square PVC fence post sleeve and matching caps make storage easy and painted black look good. Mount above or below the existing. Sewer hose or folding ladders fit fine and use the smaller tube for long poles, washing extensions. Etc
Here's the same idea but with the addition of some rain gutter for a slide. It worked great!

The fence post was supported using some angle iron welded to 2" steel tubing. It fit into the trailer hitch receiver on the truck. I used this when I had a truck camper.

The sewer hoses shown in the picture now reside inside the stock bumper on my 26RLS. They fit without issues, even with the end storage caps, though the fit is close. I think this is a 20' Camco Revolution kit which came with two sections of hose, and an elbow (which I keep in the pass through). I bought it more than 5 years ago.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #21

We have the Valterra Dominator hose set and they also will not easily slide into the bumper storage. If both are connected they absolutely will not go in, as the lugs are slightly spread, so this means they can't be drawn out together and one is always way too far in to reach, necessitating a pole from the other end to push it.
Just a 1/4" larger and we all wouldn't be dealing with this.

Tags
hose