Originally Posted by Brad Wilf
Also check electrical connections on you converter panel, known to be loose. Hopefully manufacturing/ QA processes have been tighten, but worth a look.
We have a '19 24RLS and this has been the biggest shortcoming I have found. All of the 12v DC crimp connections look like they were done with Fischer Price pliers. The vast majority of them the lead has pulled out of the connector with at the most, moderate effort. Many of them show stripping of too much insulation leaving bare wire showing.
A couple of hours redoing them with proper crimp pliers is time well spent.
Also be sure to check all connections on the converter, on every one of the neutrals I got at least a full turn out of the lug screws and the main neutral from the shore power line was not even snuggled down. The lights would flicker if you walked in the unit when it was plugged into shore power.
I have talked with both Todd and Kevin at ORV regading it, they are aware and say it is a constant subject of discussion and they are trying to improve the process.
I have also noticed almost every fastener that penetrates the outside skin for things such as access hatches and the like is stripped out. The skin on these is Filon on top of Luan plywood and if somebody is over zealous with the screw gun it will strip the ply in a heartbeat.
FWIW on every single truck camper or trailer I have owned or worked on this is a very common occurance.
The fix is easy enough, I pull the hatch etc slide a #10 spring nut behind the ply at every screw hole, clean up the old sealant and put new butyl tape on and snug everything back down. Give it a couple of days for any excess sealant to squish out, trim and caulk it up.
It's a bit aggravating to have to do it to a new unit but I dont mind the investment to make sure it is sealed up right.
Nature of the beast.