Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #57

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My spring cleaning consisted of the roof and body wash today. DW took great care on detailed cleaning of the inside, I'm so proud of her. She wants the inside to be very comfy and reminiscent of home away from home when on the road. It's becoming very cozy, if you can cozy up an RV. Just wished the dealers delivering our units would put as much effort into cleaning them as we do shortly after picking them up for the first time. It amazed me at how much dirt and other debris came out of the carpets. At least the air quality is much better now, according to my DW .

Items on the list to do this week are re-caulking butyl tape seams all over the RV, not just the windows but every seam where needed below the roof. Since this is a '16 unit, I figure it was on the lot sometime in '15 and the seams are starting to show a little age so a clean application of GeoCell where required will do the trick. Waxing the unit is going to take me some time and that is on the to do list too. A little patience and perseverance will have the tasks completed in no time, although it may be next Sunday before I complete them. No rush.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #58

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Most of us worked long and hard to be able to afford an RV and then we spent top dollar to buy an ORV product, a few hours of clay barring ( which becomes a Zen like experience ) is great maintenance.

I have been doing this to all my vehicles for as long as I can remember. I always get comments on my vehicles, especially when people find out how old they are.

The other benefit of clay before sealing is how much easier it will be do next time.

Next step is quartz seal application................

I quite agree, no disrespect was meant.

I was asking as I'm as proud as a top performing car owner would be. My naivety is simply not being aware there was more options than washing and waxing (as my dealer only elaborated on).
Gosh knows most folks go full throttle on what they can afford.

I'm looking forward to finding some shade and trying this. Any recommendations on brands/ products? TIA
Old 07-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #59

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSam View Post
I quite agree, no disrespect was meant.

I was asking as I'm as proud as a top performing car owner would be. My naivety is simply not being aware there was more options than washing and waxing (as my dealer only elaborated on).
Gosh knows most folks go full throttle on what they can afford.

I'm looking forward to finding some shade and trying this. Any recommendations on brands/ products? TIA

There was nothing I took as disrespectful!

Like every thing else today, technology is moving at the speed of light. I unlike the vast majority of the people of this planet embrace change.

As far as products are concerned, you tube reviews are great.

Hydro2 ... some good microfiber towels ... Ricardo clay ... Carpro Eraser ... cquartz.

Carpro and Poorboys are good products.

Now let's talk DA polishers and paint correction.

Sorry if I ramble a bit about paint care, but I treat it like a hobby, not a chore.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #60

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm listening... continue on... you were saying about DA polishers and paint correction. ...
Old 07-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #61

Nu Finish is also a product that lasts.......used clay bar on my truck, then Nu Finish......then Nu Finish on trailer....lasts 1 year, using a car wash type soap......been to east coast twice, and only needed to use damp dryer sheet to remove all bugs.....and this sob gets bigger every year!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #62

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSam View Post
I'm listening... continue on... you were saying about DA polishers and paint correction. ...
YouTube is great for beginner tutorials

https://youtu.be/Ja13RF1tMQ4

https://youtu.be/HHOpvvqrnVc

https://youtu.be/kfgHFNpxTqE

https://youtu.be/4riJKZ_2Zao

I do not sell any of these products, just some info on what is out there.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #63

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Great videos, thx. The first one has great details (especially for a newbie). Thanks for taking the time to post them. I'm learning a lot.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #64

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've taken my time in getting the butyl tape off the RV and finally completed that grueling task today. There must have been enough excess tape to roll up into the size of a large cantaloupe. With the rains we're experiencing over the next few days, it may be early next week until I can get the caulking completed. Going to let everything dry out before starting.

Question about the rubber roof where it meets the sides of the RV. Can GeoCell be applied directly along the roofs edge where it meets the sides? I thought I read somewhere that certain products aren't compatible with the rubber roof and can cause problems. Going to try and find that article again.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote