Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:12 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thermostat Upgrade

My 2022 ORV 22FQS Titanium came with a Coleman-Mach analog thermostat.
The minimum temperature set for heat is 55 degrees. I would like to get a digital thermostat that I could set just above freezing so that in case of a cold snap I could have the heat turn on to protect my piping. Any recommendations?
dkkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2021, 07:17 PM   #2

Our 22FQS came with the same analog thermostat.

We upgraded to the digital version of the same thermostat. The heater now turns on 1 degree below set point and turns off 1 degree above point.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-28-2021, 07:42 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I did the same upgrade to our '19 23DBS when we first got it. The unit Passin Thru2 linked to is a wire for wire swap and fits in the same wall mounting holes as the analog model. Performance is much better than the analog and is a very worthwhile upgrade.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:07 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I also had the same analog thermostat that came with my '22 FQS Titanium. Per the ORV brochure, should of had a digital thermostat. Had my dealer contact ORV about the change, No luck, I got what I got due to supply issues.

I also upgraded to what I thought should of been installed by ORV Titanium model, Coleman Mach Digital AC HC Black 8330-3862.

When I removed the analog unit, I really didn't care for the mounting method used, 2 screws through the thin veneer. So I glued some additional wood behind the veneer and drilled starter holes in the same location to mount the new thermostat. No issues on the wiring, but one wire was of a different color.
LSkrabut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #5

OT a little but the new 2020 ORV 22FQS Mountain series now come with flush windows not Hehr sliders. Supply chain issue per apache sales guy. Nice upgrade IMO.

I suppose it may depend on supply at the time as to which ones are affected.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:58 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I understand the supply chain factors going on. I also would of appreciated an upgrade or change out of the same level of item, but surely didn't appreciate the down grade of the item I was faced with.
LSkrabut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:41 PM   #7

We've been very happy with the Micro-Air EasyTouch thermostat. Easy upgrade. Several YouTube videos, including my installation .... https://youtu.be/0TxgjUTPz1c

Tags
thermostat, upgrade