Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBB View Post
I would also recommend a stop at the blimp hangars and side trip to McMinnville to see the Howard Hugh’s spruce goose and the air museum, there’s a campground within walking distance
Been years since I’ve been there, a old Zeppelin hanger if I remember correctly. To bad about the cheese factory tour not being as good as it used to be.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2021, 09:21 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We enjoy Pacific City/ Cape Kiwanda. Great RV park, beach, and a great brewery (Pelican) for those stormy days. Trails and watching the Dories launch and land on the beach is always interesting. About 30 minutes into Tillamook. The Cheese factory is a far cry from what it was when we first went in the early 70s.
Bascoe47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:11 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think there is a CG out by the airport and air museum.
The Netarts RV park mentioned on here is very good. The right turn off 101 is really tight going to Netarts if you're towing a trailer. Also, there was flooding there a few weeks ago, but should be O K now.
There is a hole in the wall drive up restaurant across from the cheese factory that has wonderful fish/chips with a cilantro sauce!!!! Nothing to look at, but good. When we were there last October, they had a "crab" banner on the railing.
The Evergreen Air Museum in McMinnville is about $50.00 a person, get there first thing and leave late--worth it! Also, they allowed two over nights in the back lot in your RV for free. Nice and quiet.
On the way there, exit #109 off I-84 has parking which we've used several times. Turn toward the river, go under the railroad, and turn upstream to paved places to pull over along the river. It could be windy, but there are trees to break it.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:40 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascoe47 View Post
We enjoy Pacific City/ Cape Kiwanda. Great RV park, beach, and a great brewery (Pelican) for those stormy days. Trails and watching the Dories launch and land on the beach is always interesting. About 30 minutes into Tillamook. The Cheese factory is a far cry from what it was when we first went in the early 70s.
X2 on Cape Kiwanda/Pacific City. Great recommendation also.
The Pelican Brewery and the Pizza joint there are both top notch.
Kiwanda RV resort is very nice and an easy walk to everything you'll need.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
We really like Netarts Bay Garden RV Resort.
If you like fresh Dungeness crab they rent fully equipped small crabbing boats there too! They even launch them for you.
Great, clean campground close to Tillamook.
Your post caused me to reflect back to the mid 1970's. I worked in Lake Oswego at the time and several of the guys who worked in my shop would periodically make a run to Netarts Bay and the resort. We would rent a kicker/crab ring combo, row out into the bay, throw out the rings, keep going to a small shanty bar across the way. Being cold winter, we would of course have a hot adult drink or two and then go back out to check the rings...The resort kept a huge boiling pot of water going to throw the catch of the day into. Best crab ever and really great memories. Thanks for taking me back to those times! BTW, DW and I are planning a trip down that way this spring, maybe see y'all?
Bigfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #20

If you have a little extra time head up to Neahkahnie Beach just a mile past Nehalem. A Spanish treasure is reputed to be either on the beach or up on Neahkahnie Mt. I'll let you be the judge of 'a little extra time'. I'll take my cut at your pleasure.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:25 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob26rls View Post
While not a campground, a few years ago I stayed overnight in the parking lot of the Blue Heron French Cheese Company. There was no charge, but I had to go in and register. I don't know if they still provide that service.
Heron Cheese belong to the Harvest Hosts membership. You can stay there, for free, just call ahead
Bondi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:37 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfin View Post
Your post caused me to reflect back to the mid 1970's. I worked in Lake Oswego at the time and several of the guys who worked in my shop would periodically make a run to Netarts Bay and the resort. We would rent a kicker/crab ring combo, row out into the bay, throw out the rings, keep going to a small shanty bar across the way. Being cold winter, we would of course have a hot adult drink or two and then go back out to check the rings...The resort kept a huge boiling pot of water going to throw the catch of the day into. Best crab ever and really great memories. Thanks for taking me back to those times! BTW, DW and I are planning a trip down that way this spring, maybe see y'all?
Things haven't really changed all that much. The shanty bar is still there lol. They no longer have a community cooking station at the resort though. We'll be there the week before July 3rd.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:13 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Garibaldi on the North side of the Bay is nice and has a couple RV parks.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote