Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #1

Tire Pressure Monitor Systems

Thinking about purchasing a tire pressure monitoring system for our 2015 Wind River RDS. I just started looking into different products. Any recommendations for these products?
Windtalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #2

You'll probably get a a couple different answers on this, one being the more expensive ones and the other being the cheap ones. I went cheap and bought the ones below and am happy with them, they always read within a 1 lbs. of my gauge when I check and did let me know I had a tire going down. No wires either as it works off solar for the head unit.
No idea how long they will last but I'm willing to try and see.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...AF7GCEQR&psc=1
Old 08-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #3

We have the TST 507, which is not cheap, but has worked flawlessly for years and, along with other great brands, they all provide a piece of mind and one of the only proven warnings systems that a tire is overheating or rapidly losing air that includes an audio warning.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #4

We love our TST setup. TireMinder is also good. Check out the videos here .... https://www.technorv.com/tst-tire-pr...oring-systems/
Old 08-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Another satisfied TST507 user here. If you want more options (such as using your smartphone for the monitor), TireMinder has some very nice systems.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tireminder I 10.....$249, sets up in 15 minutes.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #7

EezTire system has worked well for us...six sensors on the Bay Star, four on the Malibu and no repeater was needed.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:04 PM   #8

If you get any type of monitors that screw on I would highly recommend getting metal valve stems if your wheels don't already have that. See recent discussions.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We've been using TST 507 Cap Sensors for about two years now and are quite satisfied with them. We're towing a 32' trailer and haven't needed the signal repeater. One small issue was quickly handled with a call to the TST customer service staff; the response was quick, professional and helpful.

I did a reasonable amount of research before we made the purchase and followed up with two blog posts on the topic ("The Least Technical Post You'll Ever Read on Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems" and "TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System - I Promised I'd Get Back to You"). If you're interested in more details about our experience, here are the links to those posts: https://reflectionsaroundthecampfire...ever.html#more and https://reflectionsaroundthecampfire...em-i.html#more.

Keep in mind that our purchase was made more than two years ago. There may have been changes (and, hopefully, improvements) in any of the brands we looked at but you'll at least know how and why we ended up with TST.

I will say that the peace of mind the system provides is well worth the cost of the product.

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Tire minder smart tpms is what we have. It uses my phone for notifications, so one less thing covering the dashboard. Not cheap but it works well.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:07 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have TST screw on sensors and they are really a good invention/ However, finding the correct metal valve stems is becoming quite the issue. I've had two sets of rubber stems (because I couldn't find metal) and after a few thousand miles, the rubber gives away at the tire. The TPMS does tell you quickly when the stems leak, thankfully---so the TPMS works fine.
Maybe choose an internal system??
Old 08-25-2021, 08:54 AM   #12

I watched a youtube video about the anniversary edition from a couple years ago. That trailer had metal stems from the factory. I would think they would be able to tell us what size of metal stems to get. I am not sure how much variety there is in the rims.

We have used the TST TPMS system for 5 years on our Airstream Interstate (on a Mercedes 3500 Sprinter) and on our car that we towed behind it. We did switch to metal stems which were definitely necessary on the inner dually. I plan to transfer the TPMS to our new trailer. They definitely gave us a lot of piece of mind. We had no problems with them although they do seem to consistently report 2 lbs less than any of our manual tire gauges do.

We are selling our Interstate and waiting for our "on order" 22FQS to come in. Presumably it could come in any day.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing zipp View Post
We have TST screw on sensors and they are really a good invention/ However, finding the correct metal valve stems is becoming quite the issue. I've had two sets of rubber stems (because I couldn't find metal) and after a few thousand miles, the rubber gives away at the tire. The TPMS does tell you quickly when the stems leak, thankfully---so the TPMS works fine.
Maybe choose an internal system??
Are these the ones you are looking for?

https://www.amazon.ca/EKIND-Extender...905381&sr=8-36
Old 09-02-2021, 07:36 AM   #14

I'm also a TST fan. TST company originated from the 18 wheeler/long haul trucking, causing me to want to lean towards a company that has good roots. Outrageously good customer service.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, monitor, tire, tire pressure