Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Water tank capacity

Finally got around to get out with my new to me 2019 25RDS. Trying to fill my fresh water tank before heading out it seemed to fill pretty quick, ie. water flowing back out the fill pipe. However, the lights on the panel showed only 2 lights. I figured maybe miscalibrated sensor.

So when I got back from the trip, I ordered a digital meter to check what is actually going in. I completely drained the tank, hooked up the meter and hose, and I could only get about 20 gallons into the tank. This is by just than going at a little more than dribble flow rate.

Anybody else run up to this or hear of a similar problem and how to trouble shoot or fix? TIA
Teakmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #2

I have a 2018 250RDS & had the same issue. Found that the vent tube hose was kinked. I put in plastic elbows at the bends where kinks were at (top & bottom) & that resolved my problem.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:37 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
AZPalmer, did you have to drop the coroplast bottom covering? Or did you have to access from inside the camper?
Old 07-22-2021, 09:46 PM   #4

I accessed from inside, behind dinette back cushion. Just remove cushions, then undo screws holding luan panel. Behind the panel I could see fill hose & vent tube. Looked like the vent tube was too long when trailer was build causing kinks at bend.

Could also access some from the outside by removing the water fill cover/frame. I used metal 1/2 pex elbows since I didn't want the plastic to break. Arizona heat is brutal on plastic.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:01 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What AZPALMER said.
Ours is a 2021 25RDS. Take the driver's side seat apart (all screws) and the whole shebang is visible to see where your problem is. 9 times out of 10, it is the filler hose or vent tube (or both) have a kink or obstruction. Take out the drawer, remove the 2 seat support pieces, removed the backrest trim and backboard and you should have full access. On the 25RDS, both lines are fully visible from the external filler port right to the tank. Ours is ok; I was just tracing an electrical gremlin on the A/C electrical circuit what was most illusive and found the problem in a little electrical junction box that ORV hid very well in the back corner, behind the same seat. We should have caught this on the PDI before leaving the dealership but missed it. So did ORV and the dealership.
Lost 2 1/2 days to that challenge but it was a good challenge for me and better than hauling the ORV for hours, back to the dealership for warrantee work.
Arrrgghh.....
Good luck with it
Ohh, as a side note since you'll be in there, consider plugging the excessive size floor hole with steel wool, so the doggone little varmits have one less hole to access your ORV.
Glen
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks fellows! That was it, a kinked vent hose. Filled her right up. Gauge/meter said 62 gallons when it wouldn't take any more. So relieved. Thanks again for your help and advice.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:07 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakmtn View Post
Thanks fellows! That was it, a kinked vent hose. Filled her right up. Gauge/meter said 62 gallons when it wouldn't take any more. So relieved. Thanks again for your help and advice.
Our pleasure and glad we could help, Teakmtn. Just remember that we charge for all this incredible wealth of knowledge and information....your invoice is in the mail!
Cheers
Glen
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:49 PM   #8

Ditto on the congrats. Nice to have a working solution. Now on to your next project.

Tags
tank, water