Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2020, 09:09 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Life is short. How much money I die with is not important to me. It's been a high of about 70 here every day for a while and will be for many more days. I can go to the snow in the mountains, desert, or beach on any given day. I never have to winterize my TT or anything else. I don't have a snow shovel of blower. No salt on the roads and I don't have chains for the tires. My back yard has avocado trees, orange, lemon and peach. The dogs play on the grass. There is everything from boon docking to luxury RV parks withing a few hours drive.

My glass is 1/2 full every day. I'll pay to stay. I ignore politics.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2020, 09:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Life is short. How much money I die with is not important to me. It's been a high of about 70 here every day for a while and will be for many more days. I can go to the snow in the mountains, desert, or beach on any given day. I never have to winterize my TT or anything else. I don't have a snow shovel of blower. No salt on the roads and I don't have chains for the tires. My back yard has avocado trees, orange, lemon and peach. The dogs play on the grass. There is everything from boon docking to luxury RV parks withing a few hours drive.

My glass is 1/2 full every day. I'll pay to stay. I ignore politics.
Best post of the day.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #17

I'm putting on my Captain Obviousman hat:

If you don't like the way politicians make decision, vote for different politicians and encourage your like-minded friends to do so, too.

If that doesn't work to your satisfaction I suggest you PHYSICALLY move - not just a technical domicile change but actually take yourselves and your personal property - to somewhere you think will better represent your interests.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:18 AM   #18

A good exercise is how your life is at this moment? Savor it
J Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowriders View Post
...a victim of these greedy politicians. ...
I always find it amusing when people with expensive toys call others greedy.

I am a little sensitive to that since I worked at 'greedy' power companies and some thought they should complain about their bill to me. After a week of 12 hour night shifts, I was not in the mood.

Maybe your 5000 square foot house is why your power bill is twice mine.

A lot depends on where you live in a state.

I moved from California to eastern Washington. Clean air, no income tax, low crime. After awhile I figured out we were in the good goverment part of the state. Low property tax and good schools.

Later my job took me to Virginia. I had a choice between living in the city and in the county. I choose good goverment.

NPR did an report on our 'poor' schools based on teacher pay. Of course we had great schools if you based it on student achievement. True teachers were paid less but they could afford a house where they taught because the cost of living was lower.

After retiring, of all the places I have lived I did not pick California to live. In fact we did not pick anyplace until we needed to renew tags on the MH. Since we were in Washington, we now have Washington State plates in a county with lower property taxes.

By that time were had decided to be full time in the MH as long as our health allowed.

There is another factor. Living full time in an RV is an alternate lifestyle. Of course it is not a PC lifestyle. If I was to spend more time in California, I would get a signs made to put in the window. One would say, 'illegal immigrant seeking sanctuary' and the other would say 'proud veteran'.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
To all who posted on this Thanks. I was interested in how the rest of the world views this and it was enlightening. We are truly blessed.
Lowriders is offline   Reply With Quote