Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2021, 10:45 PM   #1

1991 Rexhall Vision 24

I am going to look at a 1991 Rexhall Vision in a couple of days and I have some questions I hope someone can answer. I cannot find a lot of information on line. The interior has recently been remodeled and from the pictures it appears to be well done. The exterior has been repainted and also looks really good in the photos. It has 78,000 miles on it. Asking price is $5,995 which seems reasonable. I will go with my3 page check list and if it passes that I plan on getting certified inspector to look at it.

I was hoping that from this group of owners would give me insights of what to expect. The owner says that it is 26 feet but I think the Vision only came in 24 & 22 in 1991. What kind of leveling jacks should it have. The owner posted that the engine was a Ford but didn’t know which one. I believe that it should be a 460. Is there a way that I can tell by looking at the engine? Because of the work done it will be difficult to see stains or other evidence of water damage. Am I correct that the 91 Vision had metal framing with fiberglass roof and sides and if so if it at some point have water damage would it be structurally sound? Anything in particular that I should look at?

I have searched through the files and it obvious that there are many knowledgeable people here. Anything that you can tell me about the Vision would be very helpful.
Skip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2021, 11:17 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
In 2005 we bought Uncle Paul's 1995 Rexhall 36' Airbus for 5K. He told us he always kept the oil and filter changed. Honestly, I, being a mechanic, have fixed every system in this RV.
In my opinion, you best think twice. After title and insurance costs, come tires at 200 a pop. Good luck, ours has been a labor of love and a big piggy bank.
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:18 PM   #3

Thanks for the information. Before COVID I had been looking at Winnebagos, Fleetwoods, Tiffins and Newmars in the 1993 to 2000 year range. More money but maybe a little less annual maintenance cost. No way around tire cost but since I’m 77 one new set should keep me going 6 years. Don’t think I’ll be driving it longer than that . Plan on keeping $5000 in an account for maintenance and replenishing as used. Sorta like a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into.
Skip3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rexhall, vision