Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2022, 03:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Nemisus,

Just curious- did you replace the outside fridge grill or clean it up somehow? Great so far- hope you have years of fun in it!

-Drew
Hey Drew,

Completely replaced it. Had to get creative with mounting but it wasn't too hard. Sealed it up and it looks new.

Would you like the link to where I bought it from?

Thanks,
Nemisus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2022, 07:17 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes I would, thanks!
Old 05-16-2022, 09:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Yes I would, thanks!
here you go!

This wasn't a direct replacement. Had to get creative with the mounting screws but in the end its a much better look than broken and faded.

Cheers

https://rvpartsusa.com/dometic-air-i...%203109349.005
Old 06-21-2022, 07:21 AM   #18

More Upgrades:

Good morning iRV,

Thought I'd provide an update to our progress. Think I lost track of time as its been a while since my last post.

based on where we left off here are the following changes.

Used repurposed Pallet Plants for the bed surrounding. We think it turned out very nice. Next is the walls in the bedroom.

We also updated the back splash behind the kitchen counter as well as changed the way the walls look in the slide and dinning area. Details on what was used if anyone is interested. This might be our favorite change so far.

I am pretty sure there is something I am forgetting but for now progress is forward.

We got our new shower pan and backing but the backing was so messed up from shipping we're still on a hold for the new shower.

Anyhow, thanks for looking

Cheers

JB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dining Wall before.JPEG
Views:	44
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	368884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinning wall after.JPEG
Views:	43
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	368885  

Name:	Slide out Flooring.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	368886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide out after 1.JPEG
Views:	47
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	368887  

Name:	Engine bad bed pallet.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	362.6 KB
ID:	368888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	368889  

Name:	Back Splash.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	368890  
Old 06-21-2022, 07:53 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great looking work!
Old 06-22-2022, 05:22 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Love what you put on the walls. What did you use?
J Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:19 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wiles View Post
Love what you put on the walls. What did you use?
Thanks for the feedback.

Not really sure what my wife ordered? We looked at several designed and this was the cheapest. Ordered directly from Home Depot. It has real wood appearance but isn't. The others we looked at were made of real wood while retaining the peel and stick but were 3 times the cost.

I'll see if I can find the link of what we bought. It's holding up real nice but does require some thorough prep work to stick.

We've got plans to do the rest of the coach walls with it we liked it so much.

Now if we could only get are darn shower backing to arrive. First one came so badly damaged it had to be returned. Took months to show up too.

Really the last piece to this is the shower. Then it's more or less finished and ready for use.

Stay tuned,

Cheers

JB
Old 07-13-2022, 03:39 PM   #22

Rexhall Owners Group
Wow! You did a terrific job and your wife is my hero for learning to drive that monster! Ours is only 27’ and I have not attempted to drive it yet. It looks like you may be in Northern CA? I noticed a pic of Mt Shasta. We are in Marysville but originally from Paradise until the big Campfire got us. Happy travels!
Lindaubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:31 PM   #23

Hey Linda,

Thanks for the comments. We're just about finished with the inside. Then we get to tackle expensive exterior. This rig was parked many years in AZ facing the setting sun. So the front gel coat is cracked very badly. The rest just needs a polish and a few spots of fiberglass repair.

My co-pilot (wife) is certainly cut from a special cloth.

The Trip with Shasta in the photo was us returning from Happy Camp, CA. Born and raised there so I try and get back as often as possible. We live in the hills of Willits, CA now.

I can completely relate to the Paradise fire. We were living in Santa Rosa, CA when the Tubbs fire took out all of Fountain Grove and part of Northern Rosa. We literally watched the fire come over the hills. Tragic time it was!

Safe travels to you as well. Cheers and thanks

JB
Old 07-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #24

J Wiles, sorry this took so long.

Here is what we used. Of all the styles we looked at this one was the most affordable. There are versions that use real wood instead of Vinyl but the end results with the Vinyl were satisfactory so we didn't feel the need to triple our cost.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DuraDeco...8561/311913878

What we learned is a really really clean surface is best. Also, we installed ours when it was a bit cooler and noticed that some panels have popped off. Was an easy fix just something to note.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 10-07-2022, 08:00 AM   #25

Good morning irV2,

Haven't posted anything new lately but after a long 10 month wait I finally got the shower stall backing for the bathroom project. With any luck we'll finally have the interior of our Anthem finished or at least to where we want it.

I hope to have photos of the job this weekend if everything goes as planned.

We did just take the coach on another 1k mile drive and it performed perfectly. Really liking this coach. Just with is had more pops and a bit more ceiling space. I'm pretty tall and hit my head often while in side

Anyhow,

Thought I'd drop a line and keep you all updated on progress.

Cheers,

Nem
Old 10-08-2022, 09:38 AM   #26

Howdy, I have really enjoyed looking at your renovation post. You’ve done an excellent job and it looks awesome. Our first class a was a’97 36’ Aerbus w/tag, super slide and 60K miles on Ford chassis. I picked it up from a widow and it had been sitting for a few years after her husband passed. I paid $10K for it in 2014. I bought it without doing any system checks as it was in the dead of winter and freezing outside but my intuition told me it was a great rig even though it looked so sad and dirty from sitting outside. My intuition was right and everything worked perfectly on it. I spent a year cleaning and refurbishing it and it was such a diamond. I spent hundreds of hours of blood, sweat, and tears on making that rig perfect and loved every minute of it. Our kids were teens and gosh we absolutely loved that coach, everything about it. Drove and rode awesome after I did some maintenance and upgrades like tune up, new Michelins all around, bushings, Koni shocks, etc. Also installed the Banks header and exhaust system. It was like driving a new coach after I was done. We owned it until 2021 and I decided that I had to have a high end luxury DP and bought our current ‘07 Monaco Holiday Rambler 45’ Navigator w/ tag, 4 slides and 525 Cummins, which we love. But I still think about that Aerbus with such incredibly fond memories and kind of wish I would have kept it in addition to buying our current coach. The Navigator is just so big that we can no longer camp in some of our favorite spots but the Aerbus could squeeze in. Here are a few pics after all cleaned up. I had reupholstered all of the blue fabric ceiling panels and valances with a cream fabric to brighten it up and it came out very nice. I did install a luxury vinyl plank flooring the year before I sold it. I ended up removing the TV entertainment center as I thought it was such a monster. We were so glad that we did. Good luck with your ongoing progress and keep us posted!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A6D6F6BA-F541-42B9-9815-400F810D46D0.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	378214   Click image for larger version

Name:	8CB6F0A7-175F-44D2-92DB-7AA3B66C8D2F.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	378215  

Name:	8ED7E051-FF77-4FD1-B5C3-F905367BDC78.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	378216   Click image for larger version

Name:	0C6AA056-7A3C-4813-9EF7-996F5CF5CE88.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	378217  

Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #27

Hey there inthe70s,

Something special about these Rexhalls if you ask me. While I am biased on that thought and this is my first Class A they really are built well.

That said we are sort of in the same boat as you. While our current Rig is already a DP the size of it has grown small on us. It is still in the build phase but we have used it a few times and it does the job. I just yearn for more bedroom space and head space. I am a tall dude and have to lean my head over just walking through the Anthem.

I've been looking at a 2003 HR Endeavor 39 foot. What I'd really like to get my hands on is a Roseair 38 footer. I'd still have the head space issue but I'd have the extra slide outs and that's make me happy.

Hope to have more photo's soon.

Thanks for looking and sharing your Aerbus
Old 10-09-2022, 08:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisus View Post
Hey there inthe70s,

Something special about these Rexhalls if you ask me. While I am biased on that thought and this is my first Class A they really are built well.

That said we are sort of in the same boat as you. While our current Rig is already a DP the size of it has grown small on us. It is still in the build phase but we have used it a few times and it does the job. I just yearn for more bedroom space and head space. I am a tall dude and have to lean my head over just walking through the Anthem.

I've been looking at a 2003 HR Endeavor 39 foot. What I'd really like to get my hands on is a Roseair 38 footer. I'd still have the head space issue but I'd have the extra slide outs and that's make me happy.

Hope to have more photo's soon.

Thanks for looking and sharing your Aerbus
I almost bought a Roseaire DP a couple of years back. I think it was 39’ or so and low mileage and mint. It was a screaming deal too but I hesitated and it was gone. If you do get the Endeavor, I think you’ll really like the quality. My ‘07 HR is top quality and the interior is 7’ high. It’s a tall Coach and we love everything about it. Good luck!
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999, anthem, rexhall