Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

2001 Vision LP generac generator wont start

Im motorhome shopping and looked at a Rexhall today , it has some issues - rearview cam not working and the generator wont turn over , just clicks. The model # is 09843-0 , I googled it and nothing came up , I was wanting to check prices on some things mainly a starter . If someone could point me in the right direction to search for parts I would appreciate it.
Roadies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #2

Did you check the house batteries to make sure they are charged up? How many hours on the generator? Could be the starter relay or something else not just the starter.
01blueox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blueox View Post
Did you check the house batteries to make sure they are charged up? How many hours on the generator? Could be the starter relay or something else not just the starter.
The guy said all the batteries are new , I havent checked anything . It has a little over 1800 hrs, I wanted to search for prices on parts before I make an offer on the coach.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:54 PM   #4

Generac problems

Was, Jim, W22, 2003 for years, but lost info.?? Anyway, that is a lot of hours on the Genset. Has the owner changed plugs, filters, oil change record. RV tank gas above 1/4 tank?? Check overall coach maintenance records to get info. If records not kept i would say Thanks, but no thanks and walk. hopefully they have good records and you can just focus on Gen problem. Generac does NOT handle RV generators any more so parts are hard to come by. Some guy in L.A. bought all the parts. Don't have more info, or I would of course give to you. Good Luck. Jim C.
David Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:35 AM   #5

I was not aware that generac does not handle rv generators any more , that could be a big deal .
Old 10-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #6

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rexhall Owners Group
Generac parts

If you are able to identify the specific model of generator I would suggest you try Amazon for parts and prices.
woodm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #7

LP Gen.

Just noticed, are you thinking that it is a Liquid Petroleum Gen. I am not aware of Rexhall or Generac putting a LP in any Coach.. Just asking.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
Just noticed, are you thinking that it is a Liquid Petroleum Gen. I am not aware of Rexhall or Generac putting a LP in any Coach.. Just asking.
I have a 2001 Rexhall Anthem DP with an LP genset. I have had trouble starting it in the past, but the generator has a starter switch on the generator itself and I found that when the starter in the coach would not start the genset, the one on the generator itself would start it, and then, as I continued to use it the coach starter switch worked as long as I didn't leave it sit too long without starting it. And I might add, my generator is a Generac and it is LP powered, which also brings up the fact that if you don't have LP on board and/or the LP monitor that controls the opening of the LP valve to the generator and the stove, heater, and oven is not allowing the LP gas to flow, then you need to know why, it can be as simple as you forgetting to move the switch on the monitor to operate the valve. Operating an RV is a little like having to run a complex home and huge truck all at the same time and you have to be able to understand a bit of it at least and more important, who do you trust to ask when it exceeds your knowledge level. I use a truck service business that is local to me when I need some real expertise with my coach chassis and engine/transmission, and I have a son that is a Master Certified RV technician for the stuff in the coach when there is something there that needs attention. I have used them both a lot over the years. Always good to have backup! Good luck.
tlstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #9

LP Gen.

Learned something today. Have never seen/heard of Rexhall using LP gen. set. In a DP that of course would make sense. But why in a Gasser?? Of course Rehall is known for using what ever they had at time of construction. I have black tank and gray tank outlets the same size as an example.

Tags
generac, generator, vision