Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2023, 09:43 PM   #1

2002 Rexhall Rose air Diesel--fixing drive shaft

Hi,

I am new here.

I have 2002 Rexhall Roseair (diesal). It was towed and the drive shaft and was removed and it was not marked, so I don't know what end goes to what side.

I searched the internet and there is no diagram that can show me which way it goes.

Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Virgil_1977
Virgil_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2023, 10:24 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A picture is always helpful to verify our answers. If your driveline has a slip yoke on one end, that end goes to the transmission and the solid end to the axle. I am a little concerned by you saying "which side" because the drive line should be oriented front to rear with the coach, not sideways.

Be sure to chock wheels and set parking brakes. You will need transmission in neutral with engine off in order to rotate driveshaft to line up u-joint bolts. Install trans end first, then rotate to match up at differential. Be sure to put trans back in park when done.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 05:00 PM   #3

Thanks so much for your timely response ! I really appreciate your time.

What does a yoke look like? It is a spicer driveshaft 0614-pp2-190.

I don't know which side is the slip yoke, as it has a yoke on both ends.

Here is picture.

Thanks again,

Virgil_77
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2023-05-26-19-06-51-479.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	393934  
Old 05-27-2023, 05:23 PM   #4

Typically the right side will go to the transmission.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 05:44 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_77 View Post
Thanks so much for your timely response ! I really appreciate your time.

What does a yoke look like? It is a spicer driveshaft 0614-pp2-190.

I don't know which side is the slip yoke, as it has a yoke on both ends.

Here is picture.

Thanks again,

Virgil_77
In your picture the right side is the slip yoke. It should attach to the transmission. You will find that the driveshaft can be lengthened or shortened by virtue of that slip yoke. That will help you install the u-joint to the differential. After it is installed, you should grease both joints and the slip yoke.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:59 PM   #6

Thanks again for your help!! I really appreciate it!

However, I am still confused because in this diagram I found, it shows the opposite direction. Is what you mean by the right side, the side where on the photo is the sticker (white), or the opposite side where there is no sticker, because the diagram show the opposite.

Thanks for clarifying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2023-05-27-20-34-47-714.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	393948  
Old 05-27-2023, 11:30 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_77 View Post
Thanks again for your help!! I really appreciate it!

However, I am still confused because in this diagram I found, it shows the opposite direction. Is what you mean by the right side, the side where on the photo is the sticker (white), or the opposite side where there is no sticker, because the diagram show the opposite.

Thanks for clarifying.
I see how the diagram is drawn. It would lead you to orient the slip yoke towards the differential. I believe the driveshaft will work fine either way. I can tell you based on my 50 years in the trade, slip yokes generally point towards the power source. Meaning the transmission in this case. In operation, the transmission does not move. The differential does move, both up and down as well as twisting slightly under torque. If there is any clearance issue at the differential end, that would be a reason to have the slip yoke there. It is smaller diameter than the tube end. Baring clearance issue, I would go with slip yoke on transmission.
Old 07-01-2023, 07:08 PM   #8

Hi Virgil, I just joined because I saw your post about the 22' Vision. I have the 1990 Vision that has the gas engine (460 Ford). I come up with questions about mine since I've never seen another one. I have had it about 5 years, but I still have nagging issues. I plan to use it a lot more now that Covid is mostly gone. I am currently trying to figure out if my generator charges one or both of my batteries. I think that, if they don't, they certainly should!
Crazy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 07:10 PM   #9

I agree about the drive shaft. I know this much: If you hook it up wrong, it will probably let you know after a short little drive.
Crazy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, rexhall, rose air