Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2019, 11:23 PM   #687

Thanks Inicols
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2019, 06:12 AM   #688

1997 Aerbus 3650XL

Anyone interested in a good deal on a '97 Aerbus 36ft with 1 slideout? Widebody on Ford v10 gas chassis with tag axle. All manuals, everything works, located near Charlotte, NC. Just drove it down from CT, clear title. I added about 20k miles in six years but now moved to NC and won't have the room or time anymore. All maintenance up to date to keep it safe and roadworthy: new brakes all around (rotors, pads, calipers, brake lines), transmission, generator rebuilt, tires about 3 years old. Includes trailer brake controller, tpms, RV GPS and an RVing 101 manual I wrote for this RV. I'm a long time member, posting it here first, looking for 12k.
Josstoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #689

Dang, it is VERY tempting! But we’re in the middle of putting the house on market as well as a few other things, but I’m sure it’ll sell fast. Love those Airbuses!
Good luck!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:01 AM   #690

Leaking Drivers Side door

Hi all. We have owned our Rose Aire 3950 for a year now and love it. We have been Camp Hosting in FL State parks about 5 months of that time. Right now we are at Lovers Key State Park for 3 months. It is RAINY Season now and have discovered a leak in the driver's side door. I have taken off the padding and found some rotten wood. I'll include some pictures. After the rain stops I'll start to search for the leaks. Probably use a hose. I'll keep you posted as I go along. Any one else have this happen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190803_095831283.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	255635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190803_095755960.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	464.3 KB
ID:	255636  

Name:	IMG_20190803_095749783.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	255637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190803_095729729_HDR.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	255638  

Emeraldnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #691

Hi loco1. It's good to hear we have another rexhall owner in the area we live in Bonita springs. Wondered if you had a chance to check out FMCA our insurance is about $800 for the year. Right now we are volunteering at Lovers Key State Park. Hope you are having fun.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #692

Jack's Down Buzzer

Thanks to all who helped me with my Jacks Down alarm problem. It happened again this week but this time I found the buzzer and cut the wire.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #693

The rotten wood issue got me thinking. I had rotten wood in the generator storage bin of our 1999 Vision. I had to repair damage (crunched a wooden post) on this bin and during the repair process, found rotten wood on the bottom and rear sections. I removed the old wood and replaced with new and the repairs were completed. So, open, non-enclosed bins such as the generator bin or the LPG bin may be subject to weathering. Damage is not visible unless you take the bottom and/or the end pieces off the bin assembly.
ronbrowning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #694

Baffle new owner?

I don’t know how this happened, I was trying help an elderly friend, I will elaborate on this later but, I got a RV and don’t know anything about this, for the time being, this is what I got.
1999 Rexhall RoseAir, 1 Slide Out, Engine is a Ford Triton V10, Automatic Transmission, Ford chassis. It looks clean, interior is in good shape, I was thinking about selling it, but every time I look at it and clean or fix something, I loose interest in selling it and feel like keeping it, for the time being, I will keep working on it and see what happens after my first trip, perhaps I will fall in love with it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV 1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	257379  
Ernie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie62 View Post
I don’t know how this happened, I was trying help an elderly friend, I will elaborate on this later but, I got a RV and don’t know anything about this, for the time being, this is what I got.
1999 Rexhall RoseAir, 1 Slide Out, Engine is a Ford Triton V10, Automatic Transmission, Ford chassis. It looks clean, interior is in good shape, I was thinking about selling it, but every time I look at it and clean or fix something, I loose interest in selling it and feel like keeping it, for the time being, I will keep working on it and see what happens after my first trip, perhaps I will fall in love with it!
Looks like a nice unit, mine is very similar except I have 2 slides. We really enjoy ours, you should at least go out a time or two before you sell it. Half the experience is picking the right place to go and what you do when you get there. We could never go somewhere in just the m/h, we either need the Jeep to go exploring or the side by side to go playing.
Craig1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie62 View Post
Ernie62, Well WOW! I LOVE the look of that RoseAir. I've heard so much about those and if I ever came across one I probably would jump on it. I'm happy with my little rig, but sure do love those RoseAirs!

Where are you located?
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #697

Hi there Rexhall owners,
reply to Ernie62...
I have a 1998 Rexhall American Clipper and it's built like the proverbial brick xxxx house. If this unit is anything to go by, these Rexhall products built in the nineties are keepers and worth the repair outlay.
This one was looked at by professional for paint status and unfortunately it has oxidation meaning new painting is in the off. Totally understandable!
Enjoy extra space as I have no slideouts! Even so I've found that keeping the height of everything I put in at or below half the height of interior, an old decorators tool gives the illusion of space. I have removed chair behind the passenger seat and put a full sized ottoman. That way I have a place to sit oposite whenever guests sit on sofa. Plus I've put sofa into bed mode and have a 4inch cloud mattress topper. This I cover with attractive comforter and tons of assorted pillows. This is taken off when sleeping area is needed but looks fabulous otherwise. And on and on.
I vote keep your bus!!!
dolly8586
dolly8586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #698

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Ernie62:

Beautiful rig! I envy on thing right off...your door is in the middle. Mine is just past passenger seat. It won't open all the way because to awning support is right there....bungee cord is now the door holder-open-thingy.

This is my rig. '97 Rexair Aerbus. Has been an adventure. Electrical wiring mostly, expected needs if radiator flushing, heater coil had to be replaced. Nothing major so far that was nit self induced.

If your Roseair was in my driveway i wouldn't sell it. But i love the travel and have ni more roots anywhere. It also gives me lots of fun projects like a new 1200w solar system, outside things like roof sealing, 4-days for my old butt to wash & sorta wax her, total remodel of interior including getting rid if wasted floor space if a closet (under mine there are drawers that waste so much space), but turning the bath, hallway, old closet and bedroom into more of a suite including a nifty plastic slipper tub (adding on demand water heater) etc...just going at my own pace and loving it...side-tracked right now with suspension issue....

YES, do this....check the suspension bushings under your rig. I'll wager they are close to being not there as much as you might want them to be...if so, find the Ford F53 chassis owners group here in iRV2 and look for bushings. A member engineered and produces fantastic urethane replacement bushings...ni matter that's a great sub-forum on IRV2.

No matter i really do live my girl...lot's of adventures left in her.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:48 PM   #699

New owner this past May

Hello to everyone.
Have a question, hopefully someone can help.
Have a 2003 aerbus with 2 slides.
What should close off the bedroom from the living space?
Thanks in advance.
Stephen
Srp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #700

I have a 2004, RexHall Aerobus, no slides. Has an expandable door that closes off the rear BR.
2lgdterrier is offline   Reply With Quote