Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytaylr View Post
Your '94 Airbus can't have a V10. The V10 was first introduced in '97.
Ya I know. I tried to edit it, but for whatever reason it wouldn’t let me edit it. That’s why I posted the post right after.
94aerbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2020, 09:04 AM   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfive View Post
I got mine on Amazon, enter f53 sway bar bushings motorhome, and pick some out. Mine are the size you posted
Omg, I never searched that. I was searching 94 Ford F53 sway bar bushings and it was brining up everything. Thanks, that helped a ton.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #787

94 Aerbus windshield

Does anyone have a line on where to get a drivers side windshield for a 94 Aerbus 30 foot?
Old 09-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #788

most auto glass shops that can handle trucks and RV's should be able to get one for you, they will need the numbers from the original. try calling safe lite for a recommendation.
loco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #789

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94aerbus View Post
Does anyone have a line on where to get a drivers side windshield for a 94 Aerbus 30 foot?
Duncan Associates.
They are supposed to be the largest manufacturer/ supplier in the country.
But beware, Their customer service sucks!
I opened a claim on 7/2, and my dealer still has not received the glass.
I believe Duncan was upset since they did not get the whole job!
Called again on Monday, still waiting on a call back!
Right side glass for our 03 Rex Air was 955.00 shipped!
800-551-9149
DJ JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:58 PM   #790

Quote:
What Model is your '94 30ft Aerbus ?
bocacash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:06 AM   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocacash View Post
What Model is your '94 30ft Aerbus ?
I have no idea, it's not listed anywhere on it and if it is, I must be missing it.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #792

Beware, most good glass shops will advise you that both sides should be done. Reason is the tint at the top will most likely not match. Exposure to the sun and variations in manufacturing are the culprits.
raytaylr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #793

1996 Rexhall Aerbus - 32'

Hello to all Rexhall Aerbus!

First time poster.

We aren't a Rexhall owner yet, We finally decided to start looking at motorhomes, We would use it to travel maybe 5-10k miles per year.

We are looking at a 1996 Rexhall Aerbus 32' for sale

Motorhome from the pictures look in great shape, Private owner selling it.

Ford F-53 chassis - 460 CID GAS - C 6 HD Automatic Transmission w/ ZF Parking Brake. It has less than 10000 miles.

Sold AS IS.

I am wondering about the engine having less than 10k miles on it, Is It considered newer or since it is over 30+ years old will have wear and tear?

What kind of gas mileage should We expect from the motorhome?

The outside of the motorhome look in great shape as well, To me it looks like it has been well taken care of but I really don't know what to look for...

Any advices will be greatly appreciated!
Dave
Pazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:13 AM   #794

We bought a 1996 Aerbus, 32 ft., no slides, back in early 2004. It had about 29,000 miles on it. Here's some things we learned: 1. The tires looked good, lots of tread. But motorhome tire sidewalls deteriorate before the tread unless the rv is driven a lot. A blowout in a 16,000 lb. rig can be bad. 2. roof leaks can ruin your fun. Regular roof cleaning, inspection and caulking can help keep the inside dry. 3. Water heaters wear out., 4. Storage yards sometimes have vandals & gas thieves. Our gas filler hose was cut at the tank connection and undetected until I attempted to refuel and the gas went down the hose and all over the pavement. The special RV hose is expensive. 5. The rear overhang (behind the rear wheels) gets damaged if you turn too sharply leaving the gas station. Those gas pump concrete filled pipes do a good job protecting the pumps.
We recorded gas mileage from 6mpg to 7.9mpg. I've learned to drive 55 mph - better mileage and it's more relaxing.
That's all from me. You'll learn more from all the RVers you talk to but you'll love it. But we all pay to learn. Oh, it makes a handy extra bedroom for visitors and we don't need to rearrange our back bedroom when visitors come to visit.
Ronald73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #795

Front A/C and water heater issue

94 Aerbus 30 foot, F53 chassis

Ok so. The propane water heater was working perfect the last two days. I went to turn it on this morning to take a shower And the light came on above the convection Oven and then instead of light shutting off indicating that it started, the light went dim and the front A/C promptly shut off. Since there’s NO manuals for the coach side wiring.

My question is, how are these two systems possibly interacting with each other and has anyone ever experienced this?

FYI, there’s no generator lag when this happens.

Also what is the MPX low side 7 amp latching controller, above the sink, connected to and controlling?

Also the solar indicator panel says the battery voltage is jumping around from 8 to 10 volts on the read out, but the battery indicator lights say the batteries are fully charged and so does the indicator lights above the stove.

I think we have a wiring problem somewhere.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #796

Yikes! Above my skill level.

Perhaps shutting things off and just trying the LP water heater? Meaning turn off the electric part of the water heater and see what happens.
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #797

It’s LP only. It seems it cuts off which ever A/C is running at the time when the striker ignites the gas. It’s bizarre, it’s like it’s causing an over load when it strikes, but it doesn’t lug down the generator or trip a fuse.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:32 AM   #798

Quote:
It’s LP only. It seems it cuts off which ever A/C is running at the time when the striker ignites the gas. It’s bizarre, it’s like it’s causing an over load when it strikes, but it doesn’t lug down the generator or trip a fuse.
The propane side of the water heater is 12v. The electric side is 120vac. Most of the motorhome is 12v for "off grid" living.
So the auto light spark shouldn't be effecting the 120vac system at all. The multi heating water heaters do have their own circuit board. It's located with the water heater. Could be the problem.
rhodgdonjr is offline   Reply With Quote