Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2021, 10:26 AM   #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardslave View Post
Hello, Just purchased a 1997 Rexhall Airbus model 3300 and cant seem to find the gross weight of it. In the process of insuring it and they are asking me the weight. The previous owners have no idea. Any help would be appreciated. Have several questions but this one needs a immediate response. Thanks for having me here.
Kevin
Check on the driver side door frame. We found it there.
ChuckNJonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #856

Acquired with a house purchase

Just found this forum and I'm excited to dig through all of the details to learn about RVs.

We are acquiring a 2002 Rexhall American Clipper with the purchase of a house. This rig has been sitting for a few years and needs some TLC. So we plan on some level of a rehab/renovation as we figure out if we like the RV lifestyle.

Thanks in advance for all of the information and future help. :-)
penderelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:06 AM   #857

Just found the thread

OTE=John USA;2680471]If you're a Rexhall owner, you've found the right place. Welcome to the Rexhall Owners Forum at iRV2.

Many Rexhall models are represented here, from gassers to diesel pushers, to units with tag axles, and some with slides, and some without.

While there is a lot of Rexhall specific knowledge in this forum, be sure and check out the other fine forums at iRV2, such as chassis forums for example, for more detailed discussions about your particular chassis.

So, feel free to introduce yourself, and tell everyone a little bit about your rig...we're happy to have you here!
__Have a 2000 Rexhall Anthem...love it!_____________[/QUOTE]
frankAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #858

We just got a 2007 Rexhall Aerbus 365SL with 5,333 miles on it! We have had a trailer and 5th wheel in the past, but this is our first Class A. We are excited to join this group!
StellaEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #859

Smile New Members

Glad to find this forum! We have a 2000 Rexhall Anthem with a Chevy 455 gas V8. Bought it with 28,500 Miles on it! We have it all fixed up and modified the way we like it and it's very comfortable. Only downside is the Allison 4-speed tranny with no overdrive. It runs 3500 rpm at 70 MPH, Yuk!
Has anyone looked into adding an aftermarket overdrive? Or, changed to a later model Allison with overdrive?
Old 03-30-2021, 10:58 PM   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankAz View Post
Glad to find this forum! We have a 2000 Rexhall Anthem with a Chevy 455 gas V8. Bought it with 28,500 Miles on it! We have it all fixed up and modified the way we like it and it's very comfortable. Only downside is the Allison 4-speed tranny with no overdrive. It runs 3500 rpm at 70 MPH, Yuk!
Has anyone looked into adding an aftermarket overdrive? Or, changed to a later model Allison with overdrive?
Welcome to the site, good bunch of helpful people on here. As for the OD unit check out gear venders. We use to put them on hotrods all the time but they were originally built for towing, you can actually split each gear as well which is good for hills too. They work great and are a fairly easy diy intstall other then shortening the driveshaft.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:39 AM   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by penderelf View Post
Just found this forum and I'm excited to dig through all of the details to learn about RVs.

We are acquiring a 2002 Rexhall American Clipper with the purchase of a house. This rig has been sitting for a few years and needs some TLC. So we plan on some level of a rehab/renovation as we figure out if we like the RV lifestyle.

Thanks in advance for all of the information and future help. :-)
===============================================
I bet you'll have fun with your reno. Do you have a diesel pusher American Clipper or one of the gas powered ones?
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:44 AM   #862

Its'a Gasser, Ford V10. My son was working on it the other day. He replaced the starter and battery and was able to get it to crank. But it seems its not getting fuel, so we'll go after the fuel pump next.

My wife can't wait to start on the renovation. New paint, replace carpet with something wood-like. We haven't agreed on the reconfiguration of the slide out, yet. It is a pretty big space and want to maximize the work/comfort/sleeping capability of it.
penderelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by penderelf View Post
Its'a Gasser, Ford V10. My son was working on it the other day. He replaced the starter and battery and was able to get it to crank. But it seems its not getting fuel, so we'll go after the fuel pump next.

My wife can't wait to start on the renovation. New paint, replace carpet with something wood-like. We haven't agreed on the reconfiguration of the slide out, yet. It is a pretty big space and want to maximize the work/comfort/sleeping capability of it.
Could be fuel pump. It might take 2 to do a sound check if it. One working the ignition and one at the back listening for the electric fuel pump to come on. It will run for a couple of seconds to get pressure and then stop. Will do this everytime ignition is turned on, ( not turning engine over). When you actually start the engine, it goes through this procedure, and while engine is cranking, it builds oil pressure and then the fuel pump will start back up. So it could also be oil pressure related. But anyways, start with listening, then move forward. Fuel pump is in gas tank. Fuel pump is pricey, get the correct mototcraft fuel pump/ fuel level gauge. Plug and play with connection. Rock Auto. Lowering the tank with fuel in it us a bit tricky, but use ratchet straps. Get the coach as high as possible, as you can swap out fuel pump assembly under the coach without bringing tank out from underneath. I looked it up on YouTube and watched a video of an older guy doing it himself. About 2 hour job.
rhodgdonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:16 PM   #864

Rexhall Owners Group
The best option is an Allison 1000. I have done this conversion.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #865

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankAz View Post
If you choose to do a transmission swap, the best option would be an Allison 1000 5 or 6 speed.
MartinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1960 View Post
Welcome to the site, good bunch of helpful people on here. As for the OD unit check out gear venders. We use to put them on hotrods all the time but they were originally built for towing, you can actually split each gear as well which is good for hills too. They work great and are a fairly easy diy intstall other then shortening the driveshaft.
A friend added a GearVendors OD to a 454 Suburban. Yes, you have to shorten the driveshaft, but that's no big deal. The GV plus a MSD Ignition with the variable timing option plus a set of high-flow headers took him from 9 MPG to 12-13 MPG.

He lived in Glendale CA (just north of L.A.) and drove down to San Diego (GV HQ) and had it installed. Drive in to drive out was about 5 hours. He felt it was worth every penny.

Mike
Old 04-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #867

Overdrive

Thanks for the inputs on the tranny. Still debating tranny or overdrive and need to find someone who might do it. I'm a good mechanic, but that's a lot of weight...we'll see. Did the guy who got the overdrive at Gearbenders say how much they charged him?
Old 04-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #868

If he did, I don't remember.

But you can call GearVendors at (619) 562-0060 (I just looked it up) and ask.

And he drove down the night before and got a motel room, then was at their front door when they opened. He just wanted them to have all the time they needed.

Mike