Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2015, 12:21 AM   #225

Rexhall Owners Group
Hi Brian,

They are actually wooden place mats with Route 66 Americana style pictures of the old dinners that you would have found along that route in its day. My wife found them at Hobby Lobby. I think you can enlarge them by double clicking with your mouse over the attached photo. One of my dreams is to drive that route from one end to the other. We have driven over what is still left in California as far as Flagstaff, AZ.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 09:27 AM   #226

Rexhall Owners Group
You can still find maps of the old 66. It parallels the Interstate 40 and is fairly easy to follow once you reach Victorville, CA. It really is a nice drive as the volume of traffic is extremely low along great scenery. One section I would recommend avoiding is Oatman, AZ due to the surface condition of the road and the narrow twisting turns as at time you are down to one lane, great drive if you can do that part in a car.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #227

You can get books that show both the Lincoln Highway and route 66. These have been updated and will tell you which parts still exist and which has been replaced with 4 lanes.
Mopar Poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #228

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
Hi Brian,

They are actually wooden place mats with Route 66 Americana style pictures of the old dinners that you would have found along that route in its day. My wife found them at Hobby Lobby. I think you can enlarge them by double clicking with your mouse over the attached photo. One of my dreams is to drive that route from one end to the other. We have driven over what is still left in California as far as Flagstaff, AZ.
Those place mats are very cool!

Sounds like a fun adventure to drive the route from one end to the other.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #229

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianinsocal View Post
Those place mats are very cool!

Sounds like a fun adventure to drive the route from one end to the other.
Well if anyone wants to get a group together to do that drive some day be sure to let me know.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #230

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Poor View Post
You can get books that show both the Lincoln Highway and route 66. These have been updated and will tell you which parts still exist and which has been replaced with 4 lanes.
Thanks Mopar,
We visited a Route 66 museum that is located on Highway 18 in Victorville, CA. They had a pretty good selection of memorabilia including maps.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #231

Rexhall Owners Group
Guy's, I'm starting to get a little disillusioned with this. All of us have tried to get a forum going but to no avail and I have no idea what the admin wants. It will be tough to keep this thread going once it is off the front page.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 PM   #232

Rexhall Owners Group
I hear ya....

I think the admins want growth and participation, both of which seem to have slowed down quite a bit.

The page is hot, which is kind of curious. I can't believe it would be that interesting to non-Rexhall owners...so, part of me wonders of there aren't a bunch more Rexhall owners lurking in the shadows...

Come out, come out, wherever you are!
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #233

Rexhall location

luggnutts; I have 1999 rose air 3250 where is this rexhall shop??

Address:
45640 23rd Street West
Lancaster, CA 93536
661. 726. 5470

This is where they are and there is a skeleton operation there that does some service and they have some parts. The guy that I talked to there was Jim Rex, Bill's brother, and he is not really into motor homes and their operation.

I have had a host of problems with my coach on the last trip that we took and I am looking for resources to try to determine what is wrong and he was not any help for that as the problems that I have are electrical in nature.

Good luck with your coach, my wife and I love our coach a lot, (exclusive of the problems on the last trip), and we have had it for about three or four years, (can't actually remember and don't care about that), and in that time we have had several trips up to the area around southwestern Utah where my sisters live and through and around Arizona and various California locations. This coach suits my wife and I perfectly as it is not a real fancy one and it is well equipped for our needs and it is best for just two although the couch does fold out into a bed if you have squatters onboard.

2001 Anthem Diesel Pusher with an ISB Cummins and an Allison transmission, single slide on drivers side.
tlstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #234

You own a Rexhall Coach and you have to ask yourself why? I know the original philosophy of build quality coupled with a decent price made it a desirable RV product. Floor plans are awesome! So what is the business plan for Rexhall? Does the brother intend to breathe life into his business or let it die on the vine? I know Tiffin has a direct connection with its consumers, even Excel before its demise came to this forum to tàlk about plans and upgrades. The product is sound and getting Rexhall to take some interest in what is happening here would be good for them as well as the owners!
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:22 AM   #235

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
94 aired I'm in
rollingslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #236

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Air bags

We recently purchased a 2002/2003 Rex Air 3650 RB on a workhorse chassis. It is in good shape with only 30,000 miles on it. We are in the process of getting it ready / stocking to our tastes. I am hoping to retire within the next year, and my retirement present to myself is a 3 to 4 month RV trip to Alaska with our jeep, and Harley in tow!!
A few questions.....
1) the auxiliary rear air bags do not show a min/max psi, does anyone know this as well as a normal psi to be used?
2) Is the mattress a full queen or short queen?
3) Has anyone had problems with the engine/chassis a/c? I have the paperwork that shows the previous owner had to replace the a/c compressor 3 times, and we just replaced it
4) any one have problems with a leaking slide ? we have some water damage on the wall between the slide and front left drivers door, and a soft spot in the floor.
5) recommended roadside assistance plan. We are looking at AAA, AARP, or Good Sam

I know this alot but I hope someone can help
Thank You and Please be Safe
John
DJ JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #237

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingslow View Post
94 aired I'm in
Welcome, rollingslow, good to have ya'!

Also, if you so desire, you can join the Rexhall Owners Group. ( I have unofficially name it the ROG) It will give you a cool little owners designation under your campfire. No hats or t-shirts, though!

And, if that wasn't exciting enough, there is a newly created 2nd thread for Rexhall Owners. Official Rexhall Thread #2--Pictures and Projects

The thought (and hope) was that this thread would be the Hello, Welcome, and general discussion type thread, and the #2 thread would house pictures and projects...so, if you wanna show off your rig, or have a project you want to document via pictures, feel free to add to thread #2.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #238

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
Guy's, I'm starting to get a little disillusioned with this. All of us have tried to get a forum going but to no avail and I have no idea what the admin wants. It will be tough to keep this thread going once it is off the front page.
Martin raises a good point. If we can't convince the admins to add a Rexhall Owners Forum, eventually folks will lose interest. It will become difficult to find this and the remodel threads. I haven't attempted to count the names on this 17 page thread but would like to know how many members (posters) we have to date. If you don't have the info available, I will make a list. Then I'd like to compare it with other owners groups and compare the headcount as well as the activity in the past few years. I'm sure there are some groups that have not had this much sustained activity.

It would be in the interest of the admins to see who is currently reading these forums and not rely on past activity if that is what they are doing. That said, it would be great if we could determine what the world of Rexhall owners looks like.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote