Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #841

Smile Retiring Within a Year...

Hello

I am in the process of buying a 2000 Rexall Aerbus XL2900FB. She is a bit older but has been kept up well and has good bones. There are so many features about this coach that I love! I will be putting a little work into her and maybe a few upgrades too. I plan on retiring on 2/1/22 (less than a year away - so excited) and hitting the road next summer. I can hardly wait.

I really love this coach and the floorplan (no dinette, L-shaped kitchen and sectional coach with a moveable table). I would like to learn a little more history about this company, the great RVs that they made and why they stopped making them. Does anyone know?

Look forward to talking to other Rexall owners!
casoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2021, 12:21 AM   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by casoprano View Post
Hello

I am in the process of buying a 2000 Rexall Aerbus XL2900FB. She is a bit older but has been kept up well and has good bones. There are so many features about this coach that I love! I will be putting a little work into her and maybe a few upgrades too. I plan on retiring on 2/1/22 (less than a year away - so excited) and hitting the road next summer. I can hardly wait.

I really love this coach and the floorplan (no dinette, L-shaped kitchen and sectional coach with a moveable table). I would like to learn a little more history about this company, the great RVs that they made and why they stopped making them. Does anyone know?

Look forward to talking to other Rexall owners!
They stopped making them because the whole RV industry was going down the tubes at the time and Rexhall was a relatively small operation in Lancaster, California that didn't have the resources to weather the storm. They, (Bill Rex), sold the company property that was the manufacturing plant to the Chinese electric bus manufacturers, (BYD), and the sales lot on the west side was sold to an RV dealer. I don't know this, but I think that Bill retired at the time since there was nothing left of the business, and although he and his brother Jim were both around at the end, it was not fun at the end. My son worked for Bill and had a couple of pretty good years before the bottom dropped out of the industry, but at the end it was grim. I also have a Rexhall coach that I like a great deal, mine is a 2001 Rexhall Anthem with a single drivers side slide, and it is a diesel pusher with a Cummins ISB and an Allison transmission, and although it has needed an infusion of green stuff every once in awhile I really really like the coach, it is my ideal, and I won't give it up until I can no longer manage to get in it! I hope that you enjoy yours even half as much as I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy mine!
tlstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:08 PM   #843

Joining the club

Hi! Last month I purchased a 1998 Aerbus with the 454 in it. Pretty sure the engine is the most solid piece of this RV. It sat for quite a while before I got it.
I'm pretty much completely gutting it because of old water damage. Once the new subfloor/floor is in I get to tackle the plumbing system and make sure there are no current leaks. I'll be doing all of the work myself except stuff I absolutely can't do. I'm guessing I'll be learning lots of new skills.
I bought it in New Smyrna Beach, FL and drover it over 600 miles back to New Orleans, LA with my Saturn car in tow by myself. I was sooooo lucky and the only thing that went wrong was the crank position sensor went out while I was driving on I-10.
I'm hoping to leave New Orleans around the end of the summer and head to my homebase in Monticello, FL for a bit while I figure out where I'm going first. I'll be full-time with my tiny dog Bella and will be working while on the road.
I have absolutely NO experience with RVs and no idea what I'm doing but I'll figure it out as I go along.
I'm sure I'll have A LOT of questions.
ABCexplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:03 AM   #844

HI and congrats to both of you with your recent Rexhall purchases. We have a '97 36' Aerbus, 1 super slide on a Ford chassis with 460 and tag axle. We love it. It's been a great coach and I feel like it was built very solid and overall good quality. We've had no big issue with it. I am planning to do a list of maintenance tasks (new brakes, bearing service, alignment, tire valve stems, coat the fiberglas roof, and new slide out topper) this spring to it as it is time and I like being proactive. Good luck with your travels!
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthe70s View Post
HI and congrats to both of you with your recent Rexhall purchases. We have a '97 36' Aerbus, 1 super slide on a Ford chassis with 460 and tag axle. We love it. It's been a great coach and I feel like it was built very solid and overall good quality. We've had no big issue with it. I am planning to do a list of maintenance tasks (new brakes, bearing service, alignment, tire valve stems, coat the fiberglas roof, and new slide out topper) this spring to it as it is time and I like being proactive. Good luck with your travels!
I have a few of those chores to do as well, and I would be very interested in your experience coating the roof since mine is also fiberglass and starting to crack in spots. So please post when you have the time and the inclination to let all of the rest of us know how it works out.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:27 AM   #846

Roof Resurfacing

Have a 2001 Rose Air. Had my roof resurfaced by RV Armor about 4 years ago We were and still are very pleased with it
Yacyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:04 PM   #847

I think I will also have to put some money into my coach too but I am with you, I want to have this coach till I can’t drive it any more. New ones cost so much and I just don’t feel they are made as well.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #848

The one thing to remember is that most of the "bugs" have been worked out of the older motorhomes. I know ,as well as others, friends that go out and buy a brand new motorhome and some are plagued with problems, until they get them all worked out.
rhodgdonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #849

I just read your post. As to the fiberglass roof, I used a product I got at www.bestmaterials.com. The nova tuff rc100. It's a 2 part epoxy, very easy to apply, and has a 15 year warranty. Apply 3 coats, (one a day) and it reflects heat and hail stones. I love it.
rhodgdonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:36 PM   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodgdonjr View Post
I just read your post. As to the fiberglass roof, I used a product I got at www.bestmaterials.com. The nova tuff rc100. It's a 2 part epoxy, very easy to apply, and has a 15 year warranty. Apply 3 coats, (one a day) and it reflects heat and hail stones. I love it.
Thank you, I will look at that as soon as I can get to it. I appreciate the advice!
Old 03-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #851

Thanks for the info regarding roof resealing. I have heard of RV Armor but I had not heard of the Nova tuff rc 100. Thank you both for sharing. It is good to have options. Resealing the roof is on the top of my list for repairs/maintenance. Trying to figure out if I want to do that one myself or hire someone to do it.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:04 PM   #852

Cool New to the forum

Hi, I have a 2001 rexhall aerbus 3550bsl. While on a project out of state I received a call from our local police. Long story short, all the manuals that came with the Rv were stolen. Does anyone have manuals they would be willing to share. Several issues over the last several months.
1. Generic generator stopped working
2. Step stopped working, bought new motor. Thought wiring was straight forward. Guess I was wrong
3. Slides and leveling system working one day, then neither not working now.
4. Was told the slide and leveling issue could be related to the batteries. Fluids fine. Replaced the batteries. Guess what, engine turns, but won’t kick over. Got fuel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Herb.partlow@ibtcinc.com
stillHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:32 AM   #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by John USA View Post
If you're a Rexhall owner, you've found the right place. Welcome to the Rexhall Owners Forum at iRV2.

Many Rexhall models are represented here, from gassers to diesel pushers, to units with tag axles, and some with slides, and some without.

While there is a lot of Rexhall specific knowledge in this forum, be sure and check out the other fine forums at iRV2, such as chassis forums for example, for more detailed discussions about your particular chassis.

So, feel free to introduce yourself, and tell everyone a little bit about your rig...we're happy to have you here!
Hello, Just purchased a 1997 Rexhall Airbus model 3300 and cant seem to find the gross weight of it. In the process of insuring it and they are asking me the weight. The previous owners have no idea. Any help would be appreciated. Have several questions but this one needs a immediate response. Thanks for having me here.
Kevin
Yardslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #854

Check inside of the closet.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote