Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #1

Cruise Control

Hi everyone I have as above a 94, 34’ RexHall Aerbus DP, Cummins 5.9, bought eyes wide shut. Has been mostly in the shop since I bought it. I might be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, but the Cruise Control would not hold speed, wandered on the flat, sped up and back down. The shop is reluctant to repair, they are more into replacing. They have found a frayed wire cable and so have disconnected the cruise control as they are unable to source a, or any, satisfactory parts source. We are in Canada and this shop does not source anything outside Canada, no idea why, seem silly. The MH is built on a 93 Oshkosh Motor Truck Co. X Line. With air springs. Of course Oshkosh is out of business, sold, bought, sold again. Does anyone have any ideas experience with sourcing, obtaining OEM parts information, on these older chassis drive parts, Please any ideas, suggestions.

Also as further above I did not receive any feed back on the RV club https://ultimatervcamping.com/spring.html

Does any one have any experience with them? They surely do offer a lot of RV discounts, difficult to believe every RV park would discount for them, why?
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
https://www.mnrelectronics.com/complete-cruise-kits

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...e-control-kits

Years ago I added an after market cruise control to a car. Perhaps you could put one in.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
https://www.mnrelectronics.com/complete-cruise-kits

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...e-control-kits

Years ago I added an after market cruise control to a car. Perhaps you could put one in.

Thank you for the quick reply I’ll contact both. Regards
Old 10-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #4

Cruise Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lgdterrier View Post
Thank you for the quick reply I’ll contact both. Regards

I did contact the MR company found them very co operative the recommended a replacement unit. Garry’s Repair where I had just spent thousand’s, yes thousands and they refuse to but]y from the USA and will not install owners bought parts. They say they cannot obtain the same warranty protection. So they sent me away with no cruise control. As the existing galloped and hav a frayed cable. Very disappointing, I’ll get it fixed in the USA. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #5

Well I am going to be the wet noodle on the idea of cruse control. Mine works great, but I do not use it due to increased fuel consumption and the fact that I want to be in control. I drive my motorhome the same way I did my airplane, in control. Remember mine is just an opinion, not a fact of life.
Bruce Deville
KE5CPL
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #6

thank you.when I was flying fixed wing we did trim out and able to relax a bit. Maybe even auto pilot. The helicopter was a different story. I get what you are saying but just being able to take my foot off the throttle helps with cramps i’m an ole coot. Hands on wheel, eyes on road, dashboard. RV mirrors etc. but I do like to bend, relax my leg. Point taken though MH is not a car.Thank you for the input.
2lgdterrier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control