Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 09:37 PM   #1

Granning air suspension won't inflate

I have an 89 rexhall Airex with the tag axle. I'm new to owning/living in an RV but have experience working on vehicles and working in some residential and commercial construction. Problem I'm having is the granning air suspension won't inflate when I press the button on the control panel located on the dash. Normally I hear the compressor kick on and inflate the bags. Now I hear nothing at all. I'm wondering if there's a fuse that I should know about and where to look for it at? Also is there anything else I should be looking for? Seems to just not be getting any power to the switch or the compressor but I wouldn't know much about these systems. Btw I'm being told to move my RV every 3 days so I'm trying not to drive without any pressure in the bags but I have to move it. I also learned it's bad to deflate air pressure to 0, wish I knew that sooner. There's currently no pressure in them. :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍 ASAP
AirexOn1swch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2022, 02:47 AM   #2

I think it's time for you to call in a mobile RV mechanic.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 01:02 PM   #3

Noooo way kimosabe! I thought this is where I'd get rained on by all the ol timers with a vast knowledge of the systems aboard my old Airex?? Regardless the funds to pay for a mechanic are currently not in stock, I don't plan on having it anytime soon when I have a working pair of hands, eyes, and a brain. Where there's a will there's a way but thanks for the advice 😊
Old 05-28-2022, 12:59 AM   #4

Well to anyone who happens to come to this page having a similar issue- owning an old RV with "GRANNING SUSPENIONS" on your tag axle, and your controls on the dash to "inflate" / "exhaust" and psi gauge display aren't working to inflate with no apparent reason (was working fine yesterday, now does not). After Google left me scratching my head probably over 10 times scouring the web coming up with basically nothing, I ended up calling Reyco Granning got the # off their website and got my call sent to speak with a technician but went to voicemail. Twice. So I left a VM and got a call back 20 mins later and they guy was pretty nice, he respectfully let me know they do not do any installations of these systems and I'd have to ask the manufacturer (Rexhall is no longer in business). He did however inform me that the two scrader valves near the front side of the rear axle (not the tag axle) was infact NOT PART OF THEIR SYSTEM. They dont use Schrader valves on them at all. Said maybe they were for an aftermarket air shock? Anyways, all he could say was maybe there is an inline fuse that blew out but couldn't tell me where. So I pulled the panel off the dash but quit after the 4 screws didn't let me pull it out, decided to look for the compressor first. Found it in the front of the RV with the mini hood propped up, just to the left if your facing the RV. Has two little pistons in a V formation similar to a motorcycle engine. I unplugged the red wire just after a little rubber plug sat on the wire, just before the connection. Supplied it with12v via jumper wire from positive terminal of the RV engine battery. (with inline fuse and switch) and SUCCESS! Conclusions: compressor still tickin', controls must have loose connection or damaged wire. will investigate and repair as needed. Sorry for the novel btw if anyone has any questions lmk

Tags
air, suspension