Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #1

Hinge on the dashboard

2000 AERBUS 3550 BSL. The dash has a Hinge . Removed the screw on the passenger side. Cannot find a screw on the drivers side. Is there a latch or other mechanism under the dash?

Jim
JimRoz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #2

Years ago I had a 2003 40' Rexhall Rose Air and it too had a hinge (which by the way was a great idea) I found securing screws on the lower left side of the dash under and left of the steering column. I just left those screws out when I was done doing things under the dash and it didn't cause any rattles or problems. Made it much easier to raise the dash in the future.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
I don't know how it is in those later rigs, but in my '95 Aerbus you must the vol around the steering column, then remove the little cable for shift position indicator, or you will break the cable when you lift the dash. FORD 460 F53 chassis
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
That was remove the cowl around the steering column
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoz49 View Post
2000 AERBUS 3550 BSL. The dash has a Hinge . Removed the screw on the passenger side. Cannot find a screw on the drivers side. Is there a latch or other mechanism under the dash?

Jim
Ours just has 2 screws. 1 driver's side and 1 passenger. It's just that easy.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #6

I have a RExhall 2000 vision and I can not find the screws that must be unscrewed in order to raise the dash. Can anyone tell me exactly where they are?

Richard in Sebastopol
RichardMcM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardMcM View Post
I have a RExhall 2000 vision and I can not find the screws that must be unscrewed in order to raise the dash. Can anyone tell me exactly where they are?

Richard in Sebastopol
FIRST: If you look under your dash on the driver side you will see an "L" bracket that has a single screw that attaches the dash to the RV sidewall (driver side).

SECOND: On the right side (passenger side) of the instrument cluster upholstery, remove (pop it off) the upholstery button with a small flat blade screwdriver, and under that button is a screw, remove that screw.

That's it, lift the dash, prop it up with a dowl. Be mindful of not disconnecting any electrical connections. You will likely pull out the radio antenna so remember to plug it back in when you are finished.

Good luck.
Rex_Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:43 PM   #8

dashboard hinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hall View Post
FIRST: If you look under your dash on the driver side you will see an "L" bracket that has a single screw that attaches the dash to the RV sidewall (driver side).

SECOND: On the right side (passenger side) of the instrument cluster upholstery, remove (pop it off) the upholstery button with a small flat blade screwdriver, and under that button is a screw, remove that screw.

That's it, lift the dash, prop it up with a dowl. Be mindful of not disconnecting any electrical connections. You will likely pull out the radio antenna so remember to plug it back in when you are finished.

Good luck.
It appears that if I just unsnap the upholstery doo-dad under the steering column, that the dash just lifts up - no screws. What a relief! I was able to repair the mouse eaten wires! Richard
RichardMcM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardMcM View Post
It appears that if I just unsnap the upholstery doo-dad under the steering column, that the dash just lifts up - no screws. What a relief! I was able to repair the mouse eaten wires! Richard
That's great!
Rex_Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfive View Post
I don't know how it is in those later rigs, but in my '95 Aerbus you must the vol around the steering column, then remove the little cable for shift position indicator, or you will break the cable when you lift the dash. FORD 460 F53 chassis

This exactly, I just finished cleaning up the god aweful mess the viper install folks made prior to us buying it. Also found out that the little toggle switch with the red light did nothing, as it wasn't even hooked up. it now controls the radio ha. No longer need the key in the aux position to have tunes.
sswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:20 PM   #11

The gear shifter is in the way

When lifting the dash, do you need to drop the shift arm down to low gear or anything? 2004 Rexhall Vision F53..
Old 01-13-2022, 05:59 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Yes on my 2000 Rexair I have to un-snap the snaps by the steering wheel and tilt the wheel and pull down the gear shifter. As soon as you raise the dash put it back in park. Prop up with dowel rod. Watch not to unplug anything.
J Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dashboard