Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:16 PM   #1

HWH 200 Series blown slide hose help

I've got a long-winded, more detailed description of my problem in the next post, but I figured I'd sum it up here first.
We've got a 200-series HWH leveling system with kick-down jacks, and a single A-type slide-out on the driver's side with 2 rams contained in through-frame housings (Rams inside of square tubes), an anti-rack sensing valve instead of a synchronization cylinder.
One of the hoses to the front hydraulic ram has burst while in-route, at the sensing valve, and the slide is retracted.
The whole hydraulic system is disabled because that hose gets pressure when you run the pump.
Heading toward Flagstaff for an event, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :-)
questvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2021, 01:20 PM   #2

So we're coming from Bend, OR, to Flagstaff, AZ, got gas in Stockton (from 70F to 105F!) and heard a whump sound. The living room slide crept out about an inch or two and a red puddle formed under the slide. RV was bleeding!
We had the slide secured inside with the OEM slide latches, so it couldn't come out any further than that, ran the pump to try to bring it all the way back in and a spray of fluid came out under the slide. We managed to make reservations at a nearby resort so I could investigate further.
Our RV (1997 Rexhall Rexair) has a 200-series HWH leveling system with kick-down jacks, and a living room slide-out. The slide-out is the type that has 2 through-chassis rams and a sensing valve instead of a equalization cylinder. It has storage doors under the slide that can be opened to see the sensing valve and hoses, and I noticed that of the two hoses that go from the manifold to the slide, one of the hoses had a cracked outer shell, the other one was also in bad shape. But those aren't what burst. One of the two lines that go from the sensing valve to the front ram burst.
The rams are inside of housings, there's a pivot bracket on the driver side end, and the other end of the rams is accessible from the passenger-side storage bay. It looks like the extend-retract lines go through a hole in each ram housing.
So here's my real problem:
I was able to find an HWH manual for Winnebago that seems to closely or exactly match my system. In the manual, it seems to indicate that the slide be extended to remove and replace the ram, which seems necessary in order to disconnect and replace the hoses. When I try to extend the jacks (required to operate the slide-out), fluid sprays from the burst hose. The schematics in the manual support this, because pressure is applied through the T fittings under the slide when the pump runs. I don't seem to be able to extend the jacks to support the RV when the slide is extended, and I don't know if the slide can even BE extended with the burst hose.
We're headed to Williams, AZ, I can work on it there and probably get new hoses from Carquest in Flagstaff, but I need to solve this problem before I can get the hoses replaced. I can sort of reach everything from under the RV to disconnect the ram hoses from the sensing valve, and if the rams can be removed through the passenger-side end of the ram housings with the room retracted, it seems like the rest would just be making sure I cap the hose ends and keep everything in the same position when I remove the rams and put them back in. Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any help that can be provided.
questvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #3

I wish I had an answer for you. I’m in the same boat. Busted high pressure hose and the slide is fully retracted. How to get it extended to remove cylinder?
wurdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:55 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Can you plug the fitting that the blown hose is attached to? Then you can raise the rig.

I had a similar problem. Replaced both lines with better quality lines.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hose, hwh, slide