Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2022, 10:07 PM   #1

LED Light Bulb

I want to change out my original filament style 12V light bulbs to LED. I don't want to change the whole light fixture I just want to change the bulbs. I would prefer something a little "warmer" than the traditional LED Blue. Any suggestions?
Model A Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2022, 10:47 PM   #2

I replaced a lot of bulbs in an older trailer. There are many options for bulbs, and for color temperature too. Some of the bulbs look peculiar, but they sure work.

I think I got mine from superbrightled.com, but I am sure there are other sources.

Personally I like the higher color temperatures. Lots of options in 3000K lights, though.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:26 PM   #3

Lots of choices. Probably 1156 bulbs. You can get warm white which will be similar to the incandescent bulb.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:44 PM   #4

LED Light Bulb

In 2015 I replaced the indoor bulbs in my Bigfoot motorhome with these bulbs from LEDwholesalers:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TKI4VU/
I thought the warm white color was pleasing. In fact, when I purchased a new Bigfoot trailer in 2017 I didn’t like the light of the LED lights that came with the new rig and missed the LED bulbs I had installed in the motorhome.
I believe LEDwholesalers makes various types of bulbs.
Karen
Karen CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:59 AM   #5

Cheaper, inferior bulbs will have a single voltage. Not good. Get LEDs that have a voltage range at least to 16 volts. Bulbs without a range tend to self destruct with the higher voltages seen when charging.
SteveJ. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:27 AM   #6

which LED

just the kind of help I was looking for, thanks.
Model A Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:41 AM   #7

Following up on my previous post, here is the direct link to the LEDwholesalers page for the bulb I used. You could probably contact them with any questions.
https://www.ledwholesalers.com/v2/in...7&search=ba15s

I’ll also mention that we lived in the motorhome with these bulbs for 4 months as campground hosts powered by a portable solar suitcase and a 2000 watt inverter generator as backup. We have used the motorhome in RV parks with our 30 amp cord and at home for guests plugged into 15 amp power. We never had a bulb go out

I feel it’s notable that the company is still in business 7 years after I bought my bulbs.
However, I’m sure there are many more options out there today, so shopping around is wise. I just thought I would share our experience [emoji4]
Karen CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ. View Post
Cheaper, inferior bulbs will have a single voltage. Not good. Get LEDs that have a voltage range at least to 16 volts. Bulbs without a range tend to self destruct with the higher voltages seen when charging.
Yes, very true.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Man View Post
I want to change out my original filament style 12V light bulbs to LED. I don't want to change the whole light fixture I just want to change the bulbs. I would prefer something a little "warmer" than the traditional LED Blue. Any suggestions?
There’s too many 12 volt design bulbs to list. Every RV has a variety of styles and wattage. You have to remove each and every one you want to change, to see what you’re equipped with to investigate an alternative.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light