Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2020, 08:59 PM   #71

Talking Replacing vehicle radio

Hello everyone,

I want to replace the radio in my '98 Aerbus XL3300s but I am not sure if the wiring will be similar to a regular car or if it is more specialized? Anyone have any tips/suggestions for wiring harness/diagram and radio brand(s) that are easy to install in the Rexhall?

Thanks in advance,

Alex S.
Alex S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2020, 06:41 AM   #72

Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
Hello everyone,

I want to replace the radio in my '98 Aerbus XL3300s but I am not sure if the wiring will be similar to a regular car or if it is more specialized? Anyone have any tips/suggestions for wiring harness/diagram and radio brand(s) that are easy to install in the Rexhall?

Thanks in advance,

Alex S.
The only problem you may run into is not motorhome or brand related, but rather how speakers were wired. You may find that they are "left - right" only and not "left - right" and "front - back". Modern radios need to have a load, ie a speaker on each speaker output. Other than than that, it should be straight forward.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:13 AM   #73

I have a 2004 Roseair 3955 DP. It once had an L couch, but it was removed by b the previous owner. The dealer recarpeted the living room, but left the two bolts from the old L couch. I am also thinking about removing the extended part of the floor, but not sure what's underneeth.

My question is, how can I remove these bolts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bolt2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	480.2 KB
ID:	318778  
Old 04-28-2022, 11:54 PM   #74

1999 Rexhall RV

I did some research and found out the water heater has two source of heat , One is your LP gas that you use most of the time and the other is electric emergency back up. they took the anode out and retro fitted the emergency heating element in the place of it. I do not think you need the electric as much as you do the anode in you water tank especially if you have a metal tank, if you have an aluminum tank then just leave it. your switch on the inside is to turn on your gas heater part, your electric switch should be on the out side by your gas valve and the plug on mine is plug in under the storage area on the opposite side of the coach. Hope this help you and if I have it wrong please inform me as i am learning my Rexhall coach too.
gw4626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:56 PM   #75

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by bduemig View Post
I have a 2004 Roseair 3955 DP. It once had an L couch, but it was removed by b the previous owner. The dealer recarpeted the living room, but left the two bolts from the old L couch. I am also thinking about removing the extended part of the floor, but not sure what's underneeth.

My question is, how can I remove these bolts?
Odd that they hadn't bothered to cut them flush before re-carpeting.

The bolts you're asking about are carriage bolts that have a thin 2" diameter flat head that sits pretty much flush with the bottom of the slide. I removed and filled all of them from the exposed portion of the slide when it's out, and sliced off the "L" before I re-carpeted my 3955, eliminating the two you're talking about. You'll need a hammer to get them out. Alternatively, you could probably just cut off the bolt with a good metal blade on an oscillating saw; they're tight enough they probably won't slide down...
Old 04-30-2022, 09:48 PM   #76

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw4626 View Post
I did some research and found out the water heater has two source of heat , One is your LP gas that you use most of the time and the other is electric emergency back up. they took the anode out and retro fitted the emergency heating element in the place of it. I do not think you need the electric as much as you do the anode in you water tank especially if you have a metal tank, if you have an aluminum tank then just leave it. your switch on the inside is to turn on your gas heater part, your electric switch should be on the out side by your gas valve and the plug on mine is plug in under the storage area on the opposite side of the coach. Hope this help you and if I have it wrong please inform me as i am learning my Rexhall coach too.
Share a picture of your water heater, we can help.

In the meantime take a closer look; your coach may have fallen victim to some questionable maintenance or jury-rigging.

On most of the gas/electric Dometic, Atwood, and Suburban water heaters I've seen, the electric element is at the bottom, toward the left, tucked under the gas valve. To the right of it, you'll find the nipple for the drain / anode rod. Some units only had a teflon (or steel, if the owner wore out the threads) drain plug in that location, mine arrived in my hands with an anode rod.

The electric isn't for emergency; it would normally be your best choice when you're plugged into shore power, to minimize your LP use. Cheaper to "burn" the campground's electricity than your own expensive LP.

Many will run "dual" mode if their setup supports it, meaning that the gas system is turned on as well as the AC connection, making for rapid recovery of hot water. Some (my father's bumper tow) have two switches at the monitor panel, one for AC, one for gas, and nothing to prevent using both. Other rigs I've seen use a center off switch, one way for AC, the other for gas, preventing the use of both at once.

A picture is worth 1000 words...
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220430_203422.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	364146

Don't mind Rosie's rust, she spent a large portion of her life at Ocean Shores before I got her...

Monty
Old 10-09-2022, 04:50 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianinsocal View Post
Hope I am putting this under the right Rexhall thread.

I was wondering why my 2000 Rexhall diesel has two turn ons for the water heater.

[/URL][/IMG]

Also on this panel.

[/URL][/IMG]

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have a similar switch in my bedroom quarters that I'm not sure what it's for. But now that I've seen your switch and how it's labeled, I wonder if it has to do with the water heater.

Also, found this in my manuals that makes me think that there is some secondary source of heating water using the engine as a heat exchange.
AVIAT0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:28 PM   #78

Quote:

I was wondering why my 2000 Rexhall diesel has two turn ons for the water heater.

[/URL][/IMG]

Also on this panel.

[/URL][/IMG]

I have a similar switch in my bedroom quarters that I'm not sure what it's for. But now that I've seen your switch and how it's labeled, I wonder if it has to do with the water heater.

Also, found this in my manuals that makes me think that there is some secondary source of heating water using the engine as a heat exchange.
AVIAT0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:26 AM   #79

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Aviator: The switch you found in the bedroom, labelled "Engine Heat", controls the block heater in the engine, which you will find plugged into an outlet at the upper left corner of the engine access grill. If you're spending the night running the gen or plugged in, and the temperature will be below freezing, it will definitely help when it comes time to start up and roll. Runs on 110VAC.

As for the diagram you posted, you may have a heat exchanger in your water heater that is connected to the dash heater lines, which will keep your hot water tank at engine temp while rolling. The only way to know is to look for 2 automotive type heater hoses connected to the hot water heater that aren't the regular water piping (PEX). I haven't run across one myself, but I can see the usefulness of it.

Monty
Old 11-10-2022, 03:49 PM   #80

Water Heater

Quote:

As others have said and it is also my opinion that you have multiple sources of heat energy. The residential looking light switch is for the 120 volt heating element. The small black switch is for propane heat. We use 120 volts it is available or propane when boondocking.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rexhall