Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #1

RV Park Discounts.

I am new to RV’ing in fact just trying to get it together to take my first trip as a super senior, alone. Oh and I can’t figure out how to add the trailer with my information, I’ll keep searching. Obviously somewhere I made an inquiry consequently I receive almost weekly the following e mail. Promoting a discount on ALL RV parks this is puzzling to me as such a thing if true would surely be extremely popular and not need weekly or mor often advertising.

Does any one have information on the following link. (Hopefully included and working)

[Enclosed] Important RV info you requested

Thank you
1994, 34’, DP, RexHall. Rebuilt (hopefully)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lgdterrier View Post
I am new to RV’ing in fact just trying to get it together to take my first trip as a super senior, alone. Oh and I can’t figure out how to add the trailer with my information, I’ll keep searching. Obviously somewhere I made an inquiry consequently I receive almost weekly the following e mail. Promoting a discount on ALL RV parks this is puzzling to me as such a thing if true would surely be extremely popular and not need weekly or mor often advertising.

Does any one have information on the following link. (Hopefully included and working)

[Enclosed] Important RV info you requested

Thank you
1994, 34’, DP, RexHall. Rebuilt (hopefully)

These companies search the the DMV websites for RV owners. Good Sam has a discount & KOA has a similar program at no charge.

Texas state parks have passports that give reduced fees, some like senior passports are free. US gov parks have something similar.

jbwilli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:30 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
Good Sams 10% discount, KOA 10% discount, Pass Port America 50% with many restrictions, Escapees 10% lots of east coast parks.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #4

To add your signature block contents, click on user CP in the left of the links line near the top of the page. This opens your details area. Click on Edit Signature, then complete what you wish in your signature block.
A side note. Take a look at the solo RV'ers forum for helpful tips for traveling alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
Good Sams 10% discount, KOA 10% discount, Pass Port America 50% with many restrictions, Escapees 10% lots of east coast parks.
Add to your list veterans discount is usually 10% at some RV parks. AAA sometimes receives a 10% discount.
The only way to know is ask at check-in if no obvious signage is seen.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There are lots (LOTS) of discount RV-ing programs (Passport America, Thousand Trails, Camping America, Good Sam....etc.) as well as individual discounts (KOA, AAA, Military, Senior...etc) They're only as good as how much use you will get out of them. You also have to carefully read what campgrounds are/are not included & what dates are/are not available to reserve.

Any offer for discounts on all RV parks would be suspicious to me. I can't see how they'd include ALL (public, private, city, county, state, national parks). If it's too good to be true, it is.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
If it's too good to be true, it is.

Lori-
Yup, and at $50 for a lifetime membership the OP received the email for I suspect they are here today and gone tomorrow with your money and no benefit for you.

8 complaints on the BBB website:
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/huntington...1126-100121714

And then there's this thread from a year ago:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/scam...es-429906.html
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:24 AM   #7

I just remembered a valid and reputable discount camping club, Happy Campers Club. It is not well-known or widely advertiised, it is a valid discount club though. I have used it several times, however there are not many RV parks that belong.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #8

Thank you everybody very good information.
2lgdterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwilli1 View Post
These companies search the the DMV websites for RV owners. Good Sam has a discount & KOA has a similar program at no charge.

Texas state parks have passports that give reduced fees, some like senior passports are free. US gov parks have something similar.

Excuse me, but I'm not sure if you think they are free, because of the military discount or what...
But if a regular RV'er goes to buy Good Sam's Club, KOA or Senior Passport for for our great national parks, as well as Passport America, Boondockers, Harvest Host, among others........
There is definitely a charge for all of these.
Would be nice, if they weren't.....
My husband is a Veteran, too.....Served for 6 years on an aircraft carrier, but just didn't make a career of the military......hence he doesn't qualify for the military campgrounds, nor did I know that you don't have to pay anything for these other sites, as military retired...
Thank you, and have a Blessed day.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #10

i thought you had to buy the KOA card ($30 annually) in order to get there 10% discount. same with good sam. you have to buy a membership card. many have a discount for AAA but again you have to have their membership card which has an annual fee.

if you have one of these memberships for another reason than of course get the park discounts. but you have to do the analysis to determine if it is worth buying a membership just so you can get the park discounts.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #11

Also remember with most memberships the discount is usually only given to the daily rate. If you pay the weekly or monthly rate you do not get an additional discount.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park