Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2021, 03:00 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Auto Rotate

I hate to ask for new features when there are bugs to be squashed. However, when it is sunny and I am wearing my polarized sunglasses, I cannot see RVLife in the vertical orientation.

RVLife will autorotate to horizontal when showing the extensive splash screen startup, but when you get to the menus and thence further on - it swaps back to vertical display only (unless I am missing a setting somewhere)
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Explorer and DW.
waterman480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #2

It is intentional that the orientation is vertical. The screens on phones are small and you can see additional map with the vertical orientation. On a tablet you should be able to rotate.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:29 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Alas, on my android tablet, only the splash screen sequence rotates.
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Explorer and DW.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I was having the same issue with my android phone and 7 inch Samsung tablet. I upgraded the tablet to an android 10.1 and it will now switch and stay there. However, I have run into another issue: I have not been able to download maps to the new tablet. I thought it might have been a storage issue so I installed a 64GB mini SD card and told the tablet to store info there but it still errors out. I'm about ready to go back the Sygic Truck GPS
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Good for thoughtÖ

Iíve worn Polarized glasses for decades and USUALLY, the blackout occurs when I rotate my head with LCD screens.

I havenít had any issues with iPhones or iPads at all, in either orientation.

I know the technology has changed in glasses, as well as displays, to stop the blackout from happening. So, I was surprised to hear you have the issue in PORTRAIT orientation. Iím thinking that is a non iPhone specific problem? Also check next time you get glasses to see if they have better lenses, if you wanna stay with polars.
2019 Dutch Star 4369
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:16 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
My pad is Android, and it is large enough and high enough resolution so that I am not worried about screen space.