Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2022, 09:53 AM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Campgrounds disappear when I zoom in

I have chosen my filters so that the map shows campgrounds throughout the map area. When I zoom in, even one click, the campgrounds disappear. What am I doing wrong? I have the campgrounds toggled on at the top of the screen.
EmmyLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #2
Industry Liaison

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Usually that's a sign of over-filtering. For example, 5-star campgrounds that are also 1,000 Trails, or State Parks with Full hookups. Remove some of your filters and add them in slowly.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:48 PM   #3

Since it appear you are new I would take the following steps. In your filters, choose 2 filters at a time and then look at your trip. I had to identify which filter was causing all the campgrounds to disappear. In my case it only took a few minutes.
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Depending on your connection speed to the internet, when you zoom in, it may take the program a bit longer to refresh the details on the page.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Currently FOR SALE Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:12 AM   #5

Campgrounds dissapear on zoom

No filters on and they still dissapear
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:24 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedTheFed View Post
No filters on and they still dissapear
I think that what you are seeing to start is just the map reacting to when you toggle the CG Icon at the top right of the screen to be on, and you are zoomed out far enough that RVTW can't identify individual CG's. So you get a map filled with CG Symbols to indicate that the CG toggle is on. Once you begin to zoom in, those "blanket" symbols will disappear and you should start to see actual CG's identified, BUT...

This is where filtering comes in, but there are two extremes to filtering. On the one side is not selecting any (your statement above), and RVTW shows you nothing because you've asked for nothing; and the other extreme is setting too many filters, where RVTW can't find a CG with all the attributes you are asking for.

So, try this to start to see if you get CG recommendations when you zoom in. Filter only Big Rig Access in the Park Features set of filters. Once you do that, then zoom in gradually and see if you get some CG's to appear. You should get quite a few, because this is a common attribute of most CG's. If you do, that's good and your program is working as it should. If not, send an inquiry to the Help Desk with pictures and details. Good luck.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:08 AM   #7

Thx for the feedback.

Even with any single filter on like big rig or pets they still disappear on zoom.

Trip wizard has become unusable…

Gary
Old 02-17-2022, 08:55 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thx for the feedback.

Even with any single filter on like big rig or pets they still disappear on zoom.

Trip wizard has become unusableÖ

Gary
Sorry Gary, but I don't have any issue like what you are describing. Zoom to an area where you know CG's are located to see if anything appears. Keep zooming until you know something should show. If nothing shows, take a screenshot and attach it to an inquiry.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:04 PM   #9

Maybe try it in a different browser?
Old 03-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Sorry Gary, but I don't have any issue like what you are describing. Zoom to an area where you know CG's are located to see if anything appears. Keep zooming until you know something should show. If nothing shows, take a screenshot and attach it to an inquiry.
Zooming in does not help. Zoomed out to 20 miles works, zooming in closer than that everything dissapears unless I have already added it to my trip. Even trying to click on a campground while zoomed out makes it dissapear.

I can add POI's to the map like husky gas stations and they stay on during zoom. but not campgrounds.

Where do I submit an Inquiry?

Gary
Old 03-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexlion View Post
Maybe try it in a different browser?
Thanks, does not help. Does not work on any browser or device.

Gary
Old 03-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #12

Ha Ha Ha...I misread your topic...thought you were saying that campgrounds cleared out when you arrived! Ha Ha Ha!!!!
psmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Zooming in does not help. Zoomed out to 20 miles works, zooming in closer than that everything disappears unless I have already added it to my trip. Even trying to click on a campground while zoomed out makes it disappear.

I can add POI's to the map like husky gas stations and they stay on during zoom. but not campgrounds.

Where do I submit an Inquiry?
Gary
When you select either the CG Icon at the top right of the screen, or "Show Campgrounds" in the "Map Display & Layers" menu when you are zoomed out, CG's show all over the screen to confirm that the CG display setting has been selected. But none of those icons have specific CG's tied to them, you have to zoom in to see actual CG icons. This time, with the Research Tab on the right open, clear any and all filters. This removes any restrictions on the type of CG's you can see based on the Membership and Clubs you have selected. At that point, at the top left of the Research Tab, you should see a # of Parks in View, because you are not restricting any type of CG's with a filter. If you do not see a number, you should send an inquiry to the Support Team by clicking the down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen, clicking on the Help Tab, and then clicking on the Contact Us Tab. Fill the information out completely, and I'd suggest you also attach screen shots of your Membership Selections from your Default settings. Seems like something is not right in your Settings, but without being able to see, I can't tell you one way or the other. The Support Team will be better able to help you.

Tags
campground