Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Campgrounds Missing....a lot of them!

Just started using RV Trip Wizard and the application is failing to display tons of campgrounds. As an example RTW only shows 3 campgrounds in and around Moab, UT which is not true.

I have checked and I have no filters set ("0 Active Filters").

If I search RTW manually for a campground I can find them, but they don't display on the main map.

Other areas with issues...Cortez, CO....Gunnison, CO. I could go on.

I used RTW with no issues last season. As of right now RTW is worthless.

Update: Found the issue - Membership and Favorites. I have to UNCHECK "Show Only Preferred Campgrounds". Then the campgrounds appear...however there is no way of adding the "missing ones" with the "White and Green Tent" icons. Those campgrounds are not available to select and add to "My Favorites".

Ideas?
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Can you cite any specific campgrounds that you can't see? The tent icons will disappear as you zoom in, based on your filtering. Try turning the filters completely off with the icon at the top and see what your results are?
Old 04-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
Can you cite any specific campgrounds that you can't see? The tent icons will disappear as you zoom in, based on your filtering. Try turning the filters completely off with the icon at the top and see what your results are?

ALL filters are off. The issue is with RTW and the way it handles Affiliations.

In my Favorites I have: "KOA", "Good Sams" and "Local Campground"

With "Preferred Campgrounds" selected, only these show up. This is fine. But there are campgrounds that have no affiliation in the campground or have odd ones like "BLM CG" which are incorrect. There is no options to add these.

There was a change to RTW because I had no issues last season.

Selecting campgrounds should all be in the filter section not separated in Filters and then a section in "Membership and Favorites" under the "Settings" area for the tool. Needs reworked.

OH....and I checked my 2019 Goods Sams book and this application still has missing campgrounds and wrong affiliations. This GS book plus Google is a whole lot easier and cheaper now.

I am a long time subscriber but I am not sure I will renew when my membership is up next month.
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #4

I have also noticed the affiliations are not being kept up. There are RPI affiliations in Illinois for example where the one I saw marked as RPI is not RPI anymore and it was replaced with another that is marked RPI. It's also not obvious how to communicate such updates to the database. Google, Yelp, etc have an easy "suggest edit" within the web apps.
rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #5

RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashers View Post
I have also noticed the affiliations are not being kept up. There are RPI affiliations in Illinois for example where the one I saw marked as RPI is not RPI anymore and it was replaced with another that is marked RPI. It's also not obvious how to communicate such updates to the database. Google, Yelp, etc have an easy "suggest edit" within the web apps.
Within RVTW select the pull down under your account name in the upper right corner, then select Help. On the "Contact Us" tab you can submit a correction, issue, comment, etc.
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground