Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #15

Make it even better!

The new Advanced Driving Radius option is AWESOME! The programmers can make it even MORE AWESOME by adding a little pop-up menu in the lower right corner of the map (next to the Layers button) so that users can instantly switch between Classic, Advanced, or No Driving Radius without having to 1) open the Trip Tools menu, 2) select Trip Settings, 3) select the option of their choice, then 4) Save the new setting. Instead, make it work just like the Layers button so you can switch between modes in less than 2 seconds.

By the way, the Layers button that allows you to instantly switch between map modes (Map, Satellite, or Terrain) is also an incredibly useful tool to help evaluate route options. The RV Trip Wizard just keeps getting better. Great job, developers!
Radio Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #16
RV LIFE Support Team

We are planning on a toggle but have no ETA.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #17

Trying to change my driving radius circles to advanced driving circles. When trying to save defaults get a message pop up "one or more fields are invalid". Have looked through all default settings and cannot find what it does not like?
dosxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #18
RV LIFE Support Team

This is better handled at the RVTW Help Desk where if needed, someone can look at your trip. Please send in a Help Ticket and include a screenshot(s) of your radii entries.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 06-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosxx View Post
Trying to change my driving radius circles to advanced driving circles. When trying to save defaults get a message pop up "one or more fields are invalid". Have looked through all default settings and cannot find what it does not like?
By chance do you need to scroll down to see all the potential setting selections on your Default Settings page? With the new input options, I've found there isn't enough real estate on a single screen to hold it all. Used to be that all were contained in a single screen.
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #20

After spending the last week planning a month+ trip I have related suggestions.

1. When you add buttons to show/hide the circle, add one to zoom to the circle. Zooming and panning are tricky to get right via a website. There's just too much lag to know when to stop. So automated zoom settings would really make life easier.

2. Allow some adjustment to the planning engine time and therefore the circle. The fixed speed option is great for long distance, but we like to go into the forests were 50 mph is silly. The routing engine is doing some of that control but still thinks I can go 70 mph down a Montana interstate. Maybe a percentage control or a max speed option??

Regardless, I like the improvements so far.
RickLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:49 AM   #21
RV LIFE Support Team

Thanks for your comments. Regarding the speed, that is an average speed for a trip to give you an estimate of how long you will need to drive. Most people find 50 mph is a good number for estimation.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 07-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I've been using the new beta version with the advanced driving circle and it's been a change, but I've adjusted. Today when I logged in the layout of the settings is different, and when I changed back to the standard driving circle, I cannot input the different distances in the text boxes. They only show a single digit... After trying, you can input multiple digits, but only one shows. ie when inputing 300miles, the text box shows 3... Hopefully this gets fixed.

I also wish there was a quick button to change from advanced, to standard to no circle without going into the trip settings.
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:15 AM   #23
RV LIFE Support Team

A tweek was made late yesterday. We will fix today. This has been reported.

To put in distances you need to zoom in to increase the size of the boxes.

We are also considering a toggle for the radius.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 07-15-2020, 05:42 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Did the beta go live? I no longer see the selection for beta or original version. Also this morning I was having issues in zooming up the map... Map went grey and never regenerated the screen. Also no report bug button, hence having to post here.
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:28 AM   #25
RV LIFE Support Team

Yes, beta went live yesterday.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 07-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #26

Toggle for radius circles/distances

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooking View Post
I also wish there was a quick button to change from advanced, to standard to no circle without going into the trip settings.
Yes! That’s exactly what I suggested in post #15 on this thread. Sue replied then that they’re ”planning a toggle but have no ETA.” But when you suggested the same thing yesterday, she said only that they’re “considering” a toggle.

Sue, I hope the programmers are actively planning to make a toggle, not just considering making one! They already developed the code to create the Advanced Driving Circles. Being able to switch between Classic and Advanced, or OFF on the fly with one or two mouse clicks would be a HUGE bonus, significantly increasing the value and utility of the new Advanced Driving Radius feature.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:32 PM   #27
RV LIFE Support Team

The amount of work and our programmers time needs to be taken into consideration. Limited amount of resources available.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 07-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #28

Exclamation Driving Radius Adjustments

I have an issue with the Driving Radius distance adjustments in both the default and individual trip settings. Trip Wizard will not accept any inputs to the Min, Mid, or Max Distance data entry fields. Instead, it just displays a dot or pair of dots in the little boxes. Please see the attached three images.

Then, when I exit the Settings page to see the map with the Classic circles, I see only two rings. The inner green ring does not display. When I go back into Settings and switch to Advanced, I get all three distance boundaries, but instead of green-yellow-red (extending outward from the point of origin) it displays yellow-red-green. And I really don’t know what distances they represent because the settings page will not accept values in the three distance fields.

Since my problem is similar to but not exactly the same as what MBrooking is experiencing (he can at least get the distance fields to accept a single digit, where I can’t change anything and see only dots) then perhaps the coding renders differently in different browsers. I’m using Safari ver 13.1.1. In any case, in addition to this post, I’m also reporting this behavior to the developers via the Contact Us link on the Help menu. They’re probably already aware and working on a fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radius Circles.png
Views:	73
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	293354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Advanced Radius.png
Views:	67
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	293355  

Attached Images