Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
The real update is that it is coming. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I can assure you we're working on it. The quote above is correct about having to work on other areas of code before we got to it.

We have some amazing ideas and a packed roadmap of new features ahead. In the past year we have added a lot of features and will continue to do so this year. We appreciate your patience and support.
I think the majority of folks understand the complexity of coding, and therefore really appreciate the addition of new features. I know I do! Thank you to the team for the continued work to improve an already great tool.

With that said, I hope the development team can understand our frustration not only with the delay, but most importantly (at least for me), the absence of a stated target date. For a year we’ve been told it’s on the list, in the works, etc. And now you’re saying that “In the past year we have added a lot of features...”, but date pinning isn’t one of them, and we still have no idea of when we can expect it. I’m working on our 5-month trip for 2019 and (sadly) am not even using RV Trip Wizard.

So while it’s great to hear that date pinning is currently being integrated, can you give us any idea of when this feature might be deployed? It would be incredibly helpful to know if it is days, weeks, months, or longer.

Thank you!
LibreRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #30
RVTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibreRV View Post
So while it’s great to hear that date pinning is currently being integrated, can you give us any idea of when this feature might be deployed?
We appreciate your support and enthusiasm for RV Trip Wizard. I am going to be candid and honest with you so you and others can do what best fits your needs.

We are a small team of people working on making RV Trip Wizard the best product it can be. We have a group of passionate people trying their best and often times have had people working 70+ hour weeks to deliver value to our customers. There are features, enhancements, and bug fixes that we try to prioritize based upon the investment required, the number of people requesting the enhancement, and what we think people will want. Sometimes there are features that we would like to deliver earlier but other priorities trump those features. Other times, in order to deliver that feature, there's items that have to be done before it to make it technically possible.

With that said, the unwritten rule is that we don't announce features before they are released. We do this because we don't want to mislead a person saying that X functionality is coming in a month and it doesn't get delivered because of whatever reason. For date pinning stops, we haven't set an expectation (as far as I'm aware), except that we want to do it and we are actively working on it. We are working on other features simultaneously as well and will deliver them along with date pinning when its ready and extensive testing has been completed.

I believe that many people will be excited to see the new enhancements as they are released throughout this year. Please know that we are working as hard as we can to deliver enhancements, bug fixes, etc as soon as we can. We appreciate your support.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #31

Thanks for this detailed response. I understand, and will look forward to the updates. And I hope the updates can be completed without anyone working 70-hour work weeks!
LibreRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
We appreciate your support and enthusiasm for RV Trip Wizard. I am going to be candid and honest with you so you and others can do what best fits your needs.
We appreciate your support.
Having been a software developer I can appreciate where you are coming from. Not everyone can imagine the complexity of developing a program that runs on all the different browsers and works within the constraints of Google Maps as well.

Thanks for all your efforts.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #33

That would be a great feature as many time we had to do a year ahead reservation for a popular place and then try to "fake" stops and days while the rest of the trip gets planned.

Another feature for long trips would be a "Done" check box or something similar.

I am on a 43 stop trip and we have finished the first two pages of the trip. Paging down to see the next stops every time is a pain.
Tmac319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #34
RVTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac319 View Post
That would be a great feature as many time we had to do a year ahead reservation for a popular place and then try to "fake" stops and days while the rest of the trip gets planned.

Another feature for long trips would be a "Done" check box or something similar.

I am on a 43 stop trip and we have finished the first two pages of the trip. Paging down to see the next stops every time is a pain.
Tmac - We do have a feature that is coming soon to alleviate your middle of 43 stop concern. I think you'll be happy with the approach.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:37 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Twinsburg OH - Franklin MA - New Milford CT - Bay Shore NY
Keep up the great work.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any update? I find it frustrating that I can't add a date
debbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Twinsburg OH - Franklin MA - New Milford CT - Bay Shore NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiw View Post
Any update? I find it frustrating that I can't add a date

Debbie, I’m not sure what you mean about not adding date?
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Once again a new release that doesn’t include DATE PINNING!!!! Please get it done.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #39
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGMech View Post
Once again a new release that doesn’t include DATE PINNING!!!! Please get it done.
It's in the works. Per the previous posts, we can't say exactly when but it's very high priority and we are actively working on it.

I know this feature sounds easy but it's more complex than you think. Mostly because the system was designed one way and not for this scenario. That means some re-architecting stuff which is a lot of work.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:34 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
It's in the works. Per the previous posts, we can't say exactly when but it's very high priority and we are actively working on it.

I know this feature sounds easy but it's more complex than you think. Mostly because the system was designed one way and not for this scenario. That means some re-architecting stuff which is a lot of work.
Thanks, appreciate the update, fully understand, I am an IT type myself.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #41

Re dates and other info. I know that data is exportable to an excel file. Can Trip Wizard import an excel file?
phfkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #42
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phfkef View Post
Re dates and other info. I know that data is exportable to an excel file. Can Trip Wizard import an excel file?
No, not at this time.