Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2021, 04:55 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Feature Requests and Feedback

It would be nice if there was a sticky thread for feature requests and feedback about RVTW from users.

One feature I would suggest is a way to toggle the classic driving radius circles on or off without having to go in to trip settings, similar to how you can toggle campgrounds and POIs on or off.
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2021, 05:27 AM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

We have a radius toggle on our enhancements list. No ETA.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #3

How about a toggle to reverse a planned trip? Basically make the starting point (and subsequent stops) the end point and vice versa...

2018 Renegade Explorer / 2021 Jeep Gladiator
MFortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:32 PM   #4
RV LIFE Support Team

You essentially have that with the round trip option, mirror stops. This reverses your trip and then you need to delete the initial stops which is easily done with delete stops under the wrench.

We do have a request in for a true reverse trip option. No ETA.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 03-28-2021, 07:04 AM   #5

How about a way to toggle off a destination to see how the route changes without having to delete the destination and then add it back in. Also how about if you hoover over a leg of the trip you get a little bubble right on the screen with the time of that leg and the distance, these would be very nice.
Turtle Exp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:42 AM   #6

Why did you hide the campground & POI toggles???

I am NOT AT ALL a fan of the way you have hidden the toggles for Campgrounds and POIs! I have used RVTW exclusively for the last 4-5 years, and use those toggles constantly as I plan extensive trips. It was so easy when they were right there at the top of the map. What used to require one tap to see campgrounds now requires THREE taps (Map Settings, Campgrounds, Map Settings) to see them, and then THREE taps again to make them go away. Improvements generally mean streamlining ... this change just bogs me down. I hope you consider putting it back to the way it was before.
Bobalouie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:04 AM   #7
Trip Wizard Support

The toggles are still at the top of the map in the same area. Filters are to the left of the Map Settings button, Campgrounds & POIs are to the right.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:03 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gas

I’m learning RVTW and so far so good. Three feature requests that I would like to see is:

1. fuel stop to fuel stop fuel price estimates rather than last stop (which could be a campground) to fuel stop fuel estimates.

2. MPG estimator. It has how many miles and if I put in how many actual gallons it took to fill up then it could tell the actual mileage.

3. Ability to set leave time and stay time so it can calculate how long the trip will take. This is a feature in inRoute that I really like.

I use RVTW as a way to estimate a trips expense and so much more. I purchased inRoute years ago and it’s awesome for planning the drive including fuel stops, elevation, wind direction, and weather but RVTW is more encompassing for a total trip plan. Hopefully, at least the first feature will be worked on.
Savannahdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
The toggles are still at the top of the map in the same area. Filters are to the left of the Map Settings button, Campgrounds & POIs are to the right.
Are you responding to my comment, EMY92? I know that they are up there, my beef is that I used to be able to “click” and see the campgrounds or POIs, then “click” and not see them ... now it takes 3 “clicks” to see and 3 to hide them. I can’t imagine why they did that. I can’t be the only one who plans long routes and clicks them on and off frequently. Instead of streamlining my process, they have added to it. I know, I know, clicking three times instead of once probably sounds stupid to some ... those folks probably don’t plan cross country routes like I do.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:05 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
@Bobalouie2, I don't understand what you are saying about the campground and POI toggles. They are there in the top right of the page just after Map Settings. The campgrounds toggle is a tent and the POI toggle is a push pin.

I have noticed that the POI toggle only works when I am zoomed in to my route enough.

-HTH
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:05 AM   #11

Click image for larger version

Name:	D98CD8FC-E338-4780-8540-7E5B0EC06754.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	324786

@SillyAnn - maybe your app hasn’t updated yet. Mine updated a few days ago and now the campground and POI toggles are located within the “Map Settings” button at top right.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:17 AM   #12
RV LIFE Support Team

Use the buttons to the right of Map Settings. One is campgrounds and one is POIs.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 04-13-2021, 09:01 PM   #13

Bobalouie2,
The buttons others are referring to are shown circled in purple in the image posted below.
You only have to click one to toggle between "displayed" or "hidden" for either the campground icon or the POI icon. There is no need to open up "Map Settings and then select these items to switch on or off.
Attached Images

HiWay-OurWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:42 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Feature Request - Email Saved From Past

I have talked many of my friends and followers into subscribing the TW. I send them my trips to start with and they learn by modifying them. We exchange trips from time to time to figure out crossing points for a meet up.

I would like their email address to save so that I could just select it as a previously used email address. I now have to go to my contact app and look up their address.

Thank you for this great product. I have used it since 2015 before the changing of ownership. The addition of RV Life features has really stepped up the value!

May all your camp sites be level.

The Competent RVer
Author of
"Getting Even More Out of Your RV"
Gurleymon is offline   Reply With Quote