Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2021, 04:29 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fuel along route

Im somewhat new to Trip wizard and can't get fuel stop icons along my entire route. I did go to filters >points of interest then misc gas stations. All i get is one cluster of many stations in a 50 mile stretch along my route (I-10 going west from Fl. All help much appreciated.
and 2012 Ford Fusion hybrid
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2021, 04:34 PM   #2

No idea with Trip Wizard, but with gas buddy you can scroll along your whole day's route in 2-3 minutes.

Pull up the address of "likely stations" and look it up on google map. You can get both street view and satellite view.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/home

https://www.google.com/maps

Yes, if you have one of the fleet fuel programs, that DOES change how you do it.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:34 PM   #3

A fuel stop is a POI and you will need to click on the Search for POI button(red, center bottom) to get them display every time you move the map.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:45 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
A fuel stop is a POI and you will need to click on the Search for POI button(red, center bottom) to get them display every time you move the map.
Is the search for POI button your are refering to different than the filter button i I clicked then clicked the center GREEN button POI?
Old 04-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #5

There are some spots in northern Florida where it would not surprise me that there aren't any gas stations for 50 miles. I was on a motorcycle trip a few decades ago and I had to plan my gas stops as my range was only about 100 miles. There was one place I got to on a Sunday afternoon where if I would have been 15 minutes later I would have had to spend the night in that town. I'm not saying that something isn't going wonky with Tripwizard but it also might be right.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:42 PM   #6

Filters and POIs are different. Filters are for campgrounds(50a, wifi, pool etc). POIs are at a more general level(fuel,Elks,Sams etc.)

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 04-14-2021, 05:40 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Filters and POIs are different. Filters are for campgrounds(50a, wifi, pool etc). POIs are at a more general level(fuel,Elks,Sams etc.)
Got it. I was using the POI in the filters and not the red POI towards the center bottom. Thanks.

Next question.
How to get the driving radius to be on your current location? The circle goes to my last planned stop on the planned route and when i click the current location centering button in in the lower right corner it goes to my starting location.

I have my route 75% planned out and am now 400 miles into a 8000 mile trip.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #8

You should look at some videos on our YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8uA8TRlpHjlqyZC0WRZdg

To center the driving radius on a stop, click on the stop in the trip drawer. This will zoom in on that stop. To see the driving radius, zoom out a little, or click on the show entire trip button.

Another way to center the radius rings is to hover or click on a map icon to display the infobox, then click on the small red and blue circles in the bottom left hand corner of the infobox

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y

Tags
route, fuel