Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2020, 06:53 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
HH gave me the coordinates to their parks, which I load as needed to my GPS.
You have a membership with HH, correct?
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2020, 06:56 PM   #16
RV LIFE Support Team

RVTW would love to list HH, the HH members need to apply pressure to HH to do this.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:22 PM   #17

The harvest host concept is fantastic. Too bad their tech stinks.

Having online reservations would most likely be welcomed by the hosts instead of playing phone tag.

Trip planning is improving but still filtering based on rig size & host amenities is spotty.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:35 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The trip planner built into the HH website seems sufficient to me. You enter your route and the distance you wish travel away from your route to a camping location, and the HH sites along your route are shown. You an also use the “Browse” function and as you scroll around the map, the sites pop up on the map. Easy! Not sure what else you’d need.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTinney View Post
Agreed. Could be that in RV Trip Wizard you need to enter your HH membership ID to see those sites. Would need to be added to Trip Wizard's filters too.
What I was thinking.
All that needs to be done is a way for Harvest Host to verify that the person using RVTripWizard is a member.
For my last trip I pulled up HH after seeing what cities was near my driving limit for the day. When I found an HH place I entered into RVTripwizard.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:40 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgare View Post
What I was thinking.
All that needs to be done is a way for Harvest Host to verify that the person using RVTripWizard is a member.
For my last trip I pulled up HH after seeing what cities was near my driving limit for the day. When I found an HH place I entered into RVTripwizard.
This isn't workable. HH does not want their host locations identified to anyone without an active membership. That precludes you ever getting to the step of identifying yourself as a member via the RVTW platform. Also precludes having HH icons on the map or having a HH filter for non-members to select. And RVTW is not going to take on the responsibility of managing a HH Active Membership list for it's members to use to be able to validate their HH access rights. The only way you see HH locations on RVTW is for development of a much higher level business agreement between the two. But their business models aren't really compatible. I'd be surprised to see that happen.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #21

Harvest host

When staying at these host sites are you aloud to run your generator?
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #22
RV LIFE Support Team

I always ask. Only once was I asked to try to run it but if it bothered the horses to turn it off. Horses didn't care so we were able to run the generator.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackmac View Post
When staying at these host sites are you aloud to run your generator?
I think the sites tend to specify, but I haven't looked at their site for a while.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
You have a membership with HH, correct?

I did at the time.

HH worked well for me in the east and maritimes.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post
The harvest host concept is fantastic. Too bad their tech stinks.

Having online reservations would most likely be welcomed by the hosts instead of playing phone tag.

Trip planning is improving but still filtering based on rig size & host amenities is spotty.

We checked the site out on GE then called during business hours and had no problems. Sometimes we saved $$ but not at Wineries.

Stayed 2 places on PEI. Stay a week at the first one. Helped with the farm chores, picked berries, ran in the pigs when they got out. Even rode on some equipment. They had rv hookups. Very nice family.
Stayed at the second one for several nights. They were dairy farmers and they had a veg/fruit stand. We helped with feeding the cows, and I picked green beans for the veg stand one afternoon, with the local help. I donated my pickings to a local who's husband was a commercial fisherman. That evening the fishermans wife gave us a basket of fresh seafood.

HH is the best way to meet locals. Locals are the best way to see the country. It has worked for us in PEI, Newfoundland, Central Canada, Alaska, Mexico.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
I did at the time.

HH worked well for me in the east and maritimes.
My point to the question was that you got your location info because you paid for your membership and were entitled to it. The OP was seeking to have RVTW identify HH in its list of campgrounds. HH has told RVTW that it's chosen not to share that info because it's proprietary and central to their value stream. There shouldn't be any presumption that HH just hands that info out indescriminently.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
My point to the question was that you got your location info because you paid for your membership and were entitled to it. The OP was seeking to have RVTW identify HH in its list of campgrounds. HH has told RVTW that it's chosen not to share that info because it's proprietary and central to their value stream. There shouldn't be any presumption that HH just hands that info out indescriminently.

Thanks for your clarification. I was a member for many years. I know nothing about RVTW, never saw a need for one.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:42 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Just in case it has not already been made clear. RVTW would love to list HH sites and they even have a way to restrict access to these listings to only HH subscribers. They continue to refuse to allow RVTW to show their listings. Complaining about it here does no good. To make your wishes known, send them to Harvest Host. Maybe if they get enough complaints, they will reconsider their decision.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote