Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #1

How do you mark attractions in RV Trip Wizard?

I'm using RV Trip Wizard, and I can't figure out how to do this:
Let's say I'm headed to a new city for a week. Ahead of time, I did some research and found 25 things I might want to do around that city. I'd like to be able to put markers down for those 25 locations and have them on my map.

Then when I'm in the city, I can see the 25 things I had previously found. If I'm heading to the southwest part of town, I can see what markers are in that area, and decide what I want to do.

Theoretically, I could add them as actual stops on my RV route, but I have no idea what order I would want to do them during that week, and I'd end up with my route zig-zagging all around in a big mess on the map. Another issue is that I'll be doing all that sightseeing in my tow car, which has no height restrictions. If I treat those attractions like stops on my RV route, it will be sure to keep me away from low bridges, which isn't necessary. Also, as I drive around town, the program is going to start warning me that my RV needs fuel, even though I'm not even driving the RV.

I want to keep my RV route as the route I'll actually be driving my RV from city to city, not including all the little sightseeing trips I do in my tow car while I'm in town.

I contacted RTW, and they said it can't be done in the program. However, I'm sure people somehow keep track of the 25 things they want to do in a city, and where they are located. I'd rather not maintain a separate map for just the attractions, and I don't want to just have a list with addresses. I'd really like to have them on my RTW map.

Any ideas? How do you guys do it?
Jim917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #2

Could you set up a separate trip with your sightseeing markers on it?

I frequently set up my overall trip, but then set up smaller trips for each day’s travels. Makes it easier for me to keep up with fuel stops for the day as well as the distance we are traveling in a single day.
shuggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #3

If you have a google account you can make your own google map on you google drive. I started doing this as we watched YouTube travel videos and when I see a campground or attraction I like, I search it on my map and Mark it on the map with different colors of pins for camping or attractions. That way when we travel I can go to my map, search the city I’m in and it shows all my pins in that area.....works great.
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
I make a list in the comments. Sometimes I go as far as listing what I hope to do each day.

If you check out myscenicdrives.com you will find they have a really cool way to add activities for each stop. I think it's nicer than the way RV TW handles it. Since I use RVTW more and more tho I just suck it up and use the comment field.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #5

RV Trip Wizzard could be better

I know where you are coming from. I already wrote in about what you are talking about. Until they improve their product are stuck locking for other options. That's really how you lose people.
I use Google My Maps. It let's me do exactly what you want to do. I name the area I will be in then start pining points of interest all over the town. Click on folder Mashup comes up. Tap a point and it tells you what it is.
This should be put into RVTW. You listening this is very important to us. And up grade your POI there is no activity. Hiking biking kayaking off road scuba diving river walks. If its there I sure can't find it.
Onthemove3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard