Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #1

Angry How to use RV LIFE Trip Wizard in offline mode??

For the life of me I cannot find, both within the program itself and within the Help section , as to how to put this program in "offline mode" (or to initially download the state maps/info) for when were have no Internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
cottersay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

There are 2 ways to download the maps:

- Start the trip and you will have the option to download the maps
- Tap More, Offline Storage and download the maps you need.

There is no need to put the program in offline mode. If you have internet access it will use that if not the maps will be used.

Safe travels!

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:53 PM   #3

Thanks Sue, but I still can't find it. Here is a screenshot of when I open a new trip:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	370014  
Old 07-03-2022, 12:57 PM   #4
RV LIFE Support Team

RV Trip Wizard is our Trip Planning tool. You need to download RV LIFE App from your phone store, that is our navigation app. The app is where you find offline maps. This is part of your subscription.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:28 PM   #5
Travel Nurse Chauffeur

Monaco Owners Club
There are no maps to download on your computer. You will need internet to use your computer to plan. Down load the app to your phone or tablet, sign in, and any trips you have created on your computer will be there. This also has to be done with an internet connection the first time you call up a new trip. You will then be asked if you want to download the maps. Once done it will work off your GPS and the downloaded maps without an internet connection.
vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:59 PM   #6
Community Moderator

This is what you want.

Name:	IMG_9991.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	370017

Name:	IMG_9992.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	370018
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #7

Thanks guys. I guess that kind of explains the situation! I will download the app immediately. (But I sure wish it worked with a PC too.)

Best,

-Cotter
Old 07-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottersay View Post
Thanks guys. I guess that kind of explains the situation! I will download the app immediately. (But I sure wish it worked with a PC too.)

I don’t think any laptops or desktop computers have GPS receivers in them, so real-time navigation would not be possible.

You can also use a tablet instead of a phone…..just make sure it has a GPS chip in it (Apple iPads need to have cellular capability to have a GPS chip installed…..many android tablets have GPS as well )
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #9

Very good point pasdad1!!

Tags
trip wizard