Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
Been following RVTW group since I joined iRV2.com I have never bought the unit and can't figure out why there is so many followers for a unit that has pages and pages of questions.
It's not a unit you buy, it's a service you subscribe to.

The only questions you see are from users with problems. What makes you think the number of satisfied users isn't 10x the number of users here? And asking questions here doesn't imply total dissatisfaction. I ask questions and like the product.
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
The idea is there, itís implementation has yet to catch up.
RV Trip Wizard is a tool. Didn't dad always say something about the "right tool for the right job"?

I have a great chainsaw. Not everyone needs a chainsaw. A full-timer RVer or apartment dweller could care less about a chainsaw. To a part-timer with a home base filled with oak trees, it's essential.

Likewise, different people travel differently and need different tools.

I love, love, love Google Maps. It's a great tool! But I find it severely lacking when it comes to planning for me and my style of travel. We're still a little skittish towing so I want to know exactly when/where/how to fuel up. While other travelers might "free spirits" and start looking for gas right before they need it, I plan every stop. While you certainly can do this in Google Maps... I'm finding Trip Wizard a better tool.

Just planned my route to SC...
Fuel icon shows me where I need gas...
POIs show me gas locations...
Look at satellite view (easy in/out?)...
Got more questions, switch to street view...
Find location with easy in/out, add to trip...
Fuel icon shows next gas stop, repeat process...

This took me less than half the time it does in Google. I don't have to use Google's "measure distance" tool to estimate where I need gas. I don't have to use the "nearby" button to look for gas stops or incessantly scroll up and down the route looking for gas.

Again, for our "style" ... this appears to be a great tool. I subscribed less that a week ago but I'm already sold. Before subscribing I read the user guide and watched the tutorial videos to see if this was the tool I was looking for. Learning curve? To be honest, since I read the user guide and watched the videos I jumped right in a planned my first trip with very little effort.

To be fair, yes, I've already discovered a couple bugs that I'll try to duplicate and report so they can make the product better. Regardless, I'll pay $49 a year to make route planning that much easier.

Take it for what it's worth. Trip Wizard isn't a tool for everyone, but it's a great tool for some.
LikeNo1Else is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
It's not a unit you buy, it's a service you subscribe to.

The only questions you see are from users with problems. What makes you think the number of satisfied users isn't 10x the number of users here? And asking questions here doesn't imply total dissatisfaction. I ask questions and like the product.

Really? It's a subscription. If that's the case, I'll never have the product.

Just curious does it require internet or phone, like an app?
Old 06-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
Really? It's a subscription. If that's the case, I'll never have the product.

Just curious does it require internet or phone, like an app?

It is a web page (app) that you access from a browser. Laptop computer is best (large screen) second best is tablet, phone screen is so small itís barely usable.

Itís a planning tool, so something to use while parked and decent internet access.

The app on the phone can then be an off line gps which gives turn by turn directions to your destination.

Donít dismiss it so quickly...... it will save you time..... and keep your trips better organized
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
It is a web page (app) that you access from a browser. Laptop computer is best (large screen) second best is tablet, phone screen is so small it’s barely usable.

It’s a planning tool, so something to use while parked and decent internet access.

The app on the phone can then be an off line gps which gives turn by turn directions to your destination.

Don’t dismiss it so quickly...... it will save you time..... and keep your trips better organized

Thank You for your response. I had no idea what the product was.

I have a similar product that I use for planning and works well for me that I own without a subscription and without internet. I just can't justify a change.

But I do appreciate your explanation.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #48

Ok ByeTheWay, Give it up? I went back to your posts to see what planner you use and I didnít see it. So give it up m, what trip planner do you use? And donít say a lose woman on a holiday.
WyoFree is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard