Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #1

Is there a way to reverse the direction of a trip after its been mapped out?

I created a trip with around 30 campgrounds going from West to East thru Canada. After being informed we need to be someplace at the end of August my thought is to change the trip to East to West allowing us to be at the new destination on time, and also allowing us to change it up a bit on the fly and still be able to make it back to the west coast.

I know I could drag all the stops around, probably totally screwing it up in the process. I'm curious if there is a way to invert the trip? Control Key sequence or ?

Thanks, Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
I created a trip with around 30 campgrounds going from West to East thru Canada. After being informed we need to be someplace at the end of August my thought is to change the trip to East to West allowing us to be at the new destination on time, and also allowing us to change it up a bit on the fly and still be able to make it back to the west coast.

I know I could drag all the stops around, probably totally screwing it up in the process. I'm curious if there is a way to invert the trip? Control Key sequence or ?

Thanks, Bill
It would help to know what program you are using to map with.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
Since the OP posted this note in the RV Trip Wizard forum, I'm guessing that's the program he's inquiring about. I would also like to know about this, since I use RVTW quite a bit, and would like to be able to reverse trip itineraries. I know you can copy trips, and you can move stops by dropping and dragging from the list on the left side of the screen, but if you have many stops planned out, dragging and dropping is quite cumbersome.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
(I hope this works like I think it does.) 1st I'd make a copy of your trip to protect your original effort. Then, on your copy, I believe you can employ the multi-stop return option, which should add your stops in reverse back to your original starting location. Once you've done that step, you can delete all the original stops up to but NOT including the last stop of your original trip. Use the Stop Delete function (Tool Drop-down) to all the Stops you want deleted and perform that action in one step.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #5

I may have to give RVTW a try. I use RV Parky, but the “return to here” button only maps it back to start in one shot without duplicating the stops in reverse. A bit of a pain, that.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
(I hope this works like I think it does.) 1st I'd make a copy of your trip to protect your original effort. Then, on your copy, I believe you can employ the multi-stop return option, which should add your stops in reverse back to your original starting location. Once you've done that step, you can delete all the original stops up to but NOT including the last stop of your original trip. Use the Stop Delete function (Tool Drop-down) to all the Stops you want deleted and perform that action in one step.
I did this very thing a couple months back. Worked 90%. I still needed to do some minor adjustment to prevent my first day from being 30 miles away from my starting point. LOL Yes this works.
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post

WOW! That worked. The only thing that didn't work as expected was the Delete Stop function. Click and Shift Click did not work to select the range like it works for most things on the web. Had to select each of the west to east stops individually. But that was much easier than redoing each stop.

Very Cool Feature! Glad I asked. -Bill
Old 10-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
RV Tripwizard, I'm pretty sure I only posted this on this forum. -Bill
Old 10-21-2021, 06:30 AM   #9

Round Trip Options button

Open RV Trip Wizard, go to create a new trip or open an existing trip.

Add at least one stop. The Round Trip Options button does not appear unless at least one stop is added.

I think what you want might be the “Round trip options” button located at the bottom of a trip you created. Works for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7AB0668A-099E-45FC-AFC1-A752131F49EC.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	346706