Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2021, 11:48 PM   #1

MPG Entered is Rounded

Love RV Trip Wizard. When entering MPG for my RV, I use to be able to enter a decimal (i.e. 6.5) but now it rounds up or down. .5 MPG is a big difference when MPG is so low. So on a 100 gal tank assuming a 20 gal reserve, rounding down 6.5 MPG to 6 is a 40 mile difference of when my low fuel warning icon appears. Would be nice to have it changed back to allow one decimal point so that low fuel warning indicator is more accurate.
philpetrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2021, 03:25 AM   #2

I agree, I will put that in for a fix.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:45 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Personally, I never cut my fuel usage so close that the 0.5 mpg difference would make a difference. I watch and when I get meat 1/2 tank, it is time to start thinking about a fuel stop before I reach 1/4 full. I would just go with the lower fuel mileage number.

Ken
Old 03-03-2021, 11:36 AM   #4

MPG is fixed

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #5

Round Trip Option Not Following Waypoint

Still learning the program. Using the web I create a route and use the Drag Route to adjust my route. This creates a waypoint and I get the route I desire. I then use the Round Trip Options and select Mirror Stops Back to Start Point. This option ignores the waypoint which was created by the Drag Route function and routes me back a different way. Seem as though the program should treat the waypoint as though it were a stop when using the Round Trip option?

Tom
Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #6

I'm beginning to think the Round Trip Options function is broken. I just created a trip without creating any waypoints or stops. I then told the Round Trip Option to take the direct route back. It created a new route that was 30 miles longer than the original. Not very direct. I then tried the mirror stops option, even though I did not create any stops, and it gave me the same routing as the direct route again which was 30 miles farther than the original route.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer2021 View Post
Still learning the program. Using the web I create a route and use the Drag Route to adjust my route. This creates a waypoint and I get the route I desire. I then use the Round Trip Options and select Mirror Stops Back to Start Point. This option ignores the waypoint which was created by the Drag Route function and routes me back a different way. Seem as though the program should treat the waypoint as though it were a stop when using the Round Trip option?

Tom
Old 03-04-2021, 04:48 AM   #7

Regarding the round trip with the waypoint. A waypoint is not a stop so it is ignored. Change your waypoints into stops and round trip will work as anticipated.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-04-2021, 05:03 AM   #8

I believe the program should consider a waypoint when determining the return trip. It doesn't make sense to me to customize a route and then have the program ignore it using the round trip option. To me, it is much easier to just drag the route and not have to create stops(s) which are not really stops. From my brief experience, it seems when you create a stop all your metrics like distance, time, cost, etc are now changed due to the "fake" stop. If I create a 200 mile trip with no stops it is easy to see the total distance, time, etc. If I create a "fake" stop I then have to do some math to get the distance, time, etc to my intended stop.

Any idea what is causing this?

"I just created a trip without creating any waypoints or stops. I then told the Round Trip Option to take the direct route back. It created a new route that was 30 miles longer than the original. Not very direct. I then tried the mirror stops option, even though I did not create any stops, and it gave me the same routing as the direct route again which was 30 miles farther than the original route."

Thanks for the help, Sue. You are a great asset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Regarding the round trip with the waypoint. A waypoint is not a stop so it is ignored. Change your waypoints into stops and round trip will work as anticipated.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:22 AM   #9

Send a ticket in to the Help Desk with the trip name and I will take a look at it. Address the ticket to me.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-04-2021, 06:06 AM   #10

Thanks again, Sue. Ticket submitted.

Tom

Quote:
Send a ticket in to the Help Desk with the trip name and I will take a look at it. Address the ticket to me.
wayfarer2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:38 AM   #11

Tom, The ticket never came in. Were you in RV Trip Wizard when you sent the ticket? I didn't specify that.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #12

I sent the ticket using the web version.

Quote:
Tom, The ticket never came in. Were you in RV Trip Wizard when you sent the ticket? I didn't specify that.
wayfarer2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:56 AM   #13

Tom, I have no idea where your ticket is. We are not experiencing any problems with tickets not coming in. Would you please try again and let me know, usually takes about 15 minutes for our server to pick up tickets. Sorry about this.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-04-2021, 08:06 AM   #14

Just sent again. I got a popup saying the message has been saved and sent. I got the same message last time.

Tom

Quote:
Tom, I have no idea where your ticket is. We are not experiencing any problems with tickets not coming in. Would you please try again and let me know, usually takes about 15 minutes for our server to pick up tickets. Sorry about this.