Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #15
Trip Wizard Team

Bug Fixed (Hopefully)

Hello everyone, one of the devs (programmers) here. Just wanted to say we researched the posts above and the issues should be fixed now. We had a minor bug that we corrected. Our bad!

Go ahead and check with your trips to see if everything is how you would expect it. If not, feel free to reply with your new concerns and we will check it out!

Cheers, Kurt
RVTW_Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior1 View Post
I am seeing some wonky routing with the RV Safe routing as well. First image is with the RV Safe routing, second without. In the second image it's all interstate driving. I can't for the life of me figure out why it wants me to take the longer route up near Cincinnati? It's also doing some funky things on th next leg of the trip.
The route you show thru Louisville has a tunnel and a bridge toll as you cross the river (I-264). Check your settings
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanukalum View Post
The route you show thru Louisville has a tunnel and a bridge toll as you cross the river (I-264). Check your settings
This is how it has me going around Louisville, on I-265. Not I-264. But, either way, if it's an interstate, the tunnel or toll should be fine for my height and length, I would think. 43' long, 13' high. And I see no low bridge warnings on RVTW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Louisville.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	251227  
Roadwarrior1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #18

Sorry your right, I-265 is the route I meant. RVwizard might have settings to avoid tunnels and/or tolls checked. I have traveled that route several times and there are no low clearances problems as you said, but the trip planner may be avoiding that route depending on those settings. The new "trip setting" verses "default setting" is confusing. Then throw in that "RV friendly mode" and then I can get really confused.
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #19

American Coach Owners Club
Have a 21 stop trip planned. No matter what I select as calculate rout time it has doubled what the actual time should be for each segment.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #20
RVTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
Have a 21 stop trip planned. No matter what I select as calculate rout time it has doubled what the actual time should be for each segment.
We had a bug that we just corrected in RVTW that was calculating the time. It's fixed now.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:41 AM   #21

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
We had a bug that we just corrected in RVTW that was calculating the time. It's fixed now.
When using "use my average speed" time between stops appears correct but:"
When using "use routing engine" it still turns a 5 hr trip into a 9 hr trip.

Also no matter what I change any of the expenses to it maintains the same total expense from the original trip.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #22

New feature Tentative and Archive not showing

It may be me, but under the wrench I get no archive or tentative trip menu.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

I noticed, since the upgrade, when I open Trip Wizard, it does not open my last trip. I have to go into my trips to select the one I was working on previously Not a big issue, but a bit of an annoyance.

Also, like others, my travel times are all messed up .... not even close to being accurate
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
I noticed, since the upgrade, when I open Trip Wizard, it does not open my last trip. I have to go into my trips to select the one I was working on previously Not a big issue, but a bit of an annoyance.

Also, like others, my travel times are all messed up .... not even close to being accurate
Is the box checked at the "auto load last open trip at startup" setting in the default settings? I just checked this and it works.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtingle View Post
It may be me, but under the wrench I get no archive or tentative trip menu.
Click on the wrench and then “trip settings”. Below “notes” on the pop up window will be the drop down for trip status.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just an observation...

I logged in today for the 1st time since the update and chose the new RV Routing feature for an upcoming, existing trip plan. For the way out of my residential area at trip's start, I got a warning for "No RV route available, Using standard route" as you might expect. But on the final return home leg at the end of the trip, there is no similar warning. Apparently if figured out that if it just avoids the questionable roads and drives through back yards instead, no warnings are needed. That's a little tongue in cheek, but regardless, that's not normal.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Routing Anomaly.pdf (288.1 KB, 21 views)
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:11 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Is the box checked at the "auto load last open trip at startup" setting in the default settings? I just checked this and it works.
Thanks...that was it. I guess with the new version, all of your previous setting are gone. I have always had it load the last trip, in the past.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #28
RVTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
I logged in today for the 1st time since the update and chose the new RV Routing feature for an upcoming, existing trip plan. For the way out of my residential area at trip's start, I got a warning for "No RV route available, Using standard route" as you might expect. But on the final return home leg at the end of the trip, there is no similar warning. Apparently if figured out that if it just avoids the questionable roads and drives through back yards instead, no warnings are needed. That's a little tongue in cheek, but regardless, that's not normal.
Mike - what you're seeing is a different bug. If you check the turn by turn directions, they are correct. However, the polyline has removed a point to make you think you should be "flying your RV" over some houses. We've seen some examples of this and are working on fixing it. Otherwise, we'll need to upgrade the wings on your RV to safely fly over the backyards.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard