Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-15-2022, 03:21 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 50,553
Newbie question

I'm trying to learn how to use TW. I created a "learner" trip. The last leg of the trip shows on the map as a dull red instead of the purple like the previous legs. What does this mean?

UPDATE- The last part of that leg had me routed on a road that looked like a pig trail. I used the drag feature to move back to a known good road and the color changed to the purple like the rest of the trip. I thought the program considered the suitability of the route for my MH??
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 50,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I'm trying to learn how to use TW. I created a "learner" trip. The last leg of the trip shows on the map as a dull red instead of the purple like the previous legs. What does this mean?

UPDATE- The last part of that leg had me routed on a road that looked like a pig trail. I used the drag feature to move back to a known good road and the color changed to the purple like the rest of the trip. I thought the program considered the suitability of the route for my MH??
Well, I closed the program and when I went back into it the last leg is showing reddish again!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:48 PM   #3
Senior Member




 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,856
Reddish means that is the leg of the trip you have highlighted on the List of Stops.


Here are some videos that will help. We have additional videos.


RV LIFE Trip Wizard-Planning a Simple Trip


RV LIFE Trip Wizard-Driving Radius



Once you master the basics let us know and we will give you more videos to view.
__________________
Sue

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:52 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 50,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Reddish means that is the leg of the trip you have highlighted on the List of Stops.


Here are some videos that will help. We have additional videos.


RV LIFE Trip Wizard-Planning a Simple Trip


RV LIFE Trip Wizard-Driving Radius



Once you master the basics let us know and we will give you more videos to view.
What about it routing me on a pig trail?
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:45 AM   #5
Senior Member




 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,816
Joe, sometimes like any mapping program you get results that are ... ahem confusing. You might check your avoidances and try again. I've found that sometimes using the avoid tolls feature will reroute you in ways that seem confusing.

There is a slight learning curve to using RVTW but stick with it, there is no better alternative.
__________________
Tim
Leesburg, FL
'07 American Tradition 40Z Cummins 400 ISL
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:56 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 50,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
Joe, sometimes like any mapping program you get results that are ... ahem confusing. You might check your avoidances and try again. I've found that sometimes using the avoid tolls feature will reroute you in ways that seem confusing.

There is a slight learning curve to using RVTW but stick with it, there is no better alternative.
Thanks Tim! I'll keep working at it!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
newbie



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie to Newbie - Power cdinatl Class A Motorhome Discussions 5 09-04-2015 12:03 PM
Newbie to forum, newbie to rv'ing, and I have a newbie problem last_lemming Class B Motorhome Discussions 36 09-06-2012 06:14 PM
hello, im a newbie newbie katmat New Member Check-In 16 02-24-2012 04:59 PM
newbie with a question about Daybreak 3060 jam9964 Damon 3 02-22-2009 09:52 PM
Hi, another newbie with a question please :) linzatx New Member Check-In 3 12-21-2008 11:39 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.