Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2022, 07:26 PM   #1

No RV Route Available. . .

I just opened my trip up in the planner and it states: "No RV route available, using car route" It has this listed for ALL legs of the trip, even those I have completed?

Thoughts
zigzaginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2022, 07:22 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would submit directly to the Help Desk to get assistance. They can look directly at your trip to see what might be going on, which none of us can do. I have no idea what you are experiencing or what in your trip could possibly be influencing its behavior.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:27 AM   #3

I guess you cant go.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:13 AM   #4

I started getting the same message this morning and we are near the end of our trip.

Guess we can’t go home!

But at least GT Nat Park is a nice place to stay!!! ��

2018 Renegade Explorer / 2021 Jeep Gladiator
MFortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:40 AM   #5

I am getting the same thing on a trip from Stonington, Maine to Gulf Shores, Alabama. I am trying to avoid the George Washington Bridge, but it tells me there is no route available. Normally we go across the new Tappanzee Bridge when we aren't towing.
kathi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi17 View Post
I am getting the same thing on a trip from Stonington, Maine to Gulf Shores, Alabama. I am trying to avoid the George Washington Bridge, but it tells me there is no route available. Normally we go across the new Tappanzee Bridge when we aren't towing.

You can still go across the Tappen Z. Just go down 95 to 495 to 90 to 84 to Scranton in Penn. 81 and go down that way.
Old Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:38 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do any of you have the "No Tolls" Avoidance selected?
Old 11-15-2022, 06:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mud View Post
You can still go across the Tappen Z. Just go down 95 to 495 to 90 to 84 to Scranton in Penn. 81 and go down that way.

Thanks, that is what I found on Google Navigation, and a couple of other apps. I just can't figure out why I can't get that route to work on the RV Life app. It shows me a ton of warnings and low bridges. I didn't have "no tolls" selected, the only filter I added was "no dirt roads".

I compared the route to my truckers atlas, (Rand McNally), and could find no low bridges on that route in the truckers atlas, but the app kept telling me there was no route available, and showing me lots and lots of low bridges. I had the height of the camper set at 11'. Our camper is 10'3", but I rounded it up to 11' to be on the safe side.

I know it's probably because I did something wrong, but in spite of watching the You Tube videos, I still for the life of me can't figure out what is wrong. I wish I had had longer to figure it out, but when I couldn't get a route, I downloaded a couple of more apps, and could get routes with those apps. Since I only had a couple of more days before I would get charged, I canceled my subscription. It gets expensive to keep buying different apps, when you can't get some of them to work.

I feel really bad about cancelling. I really wanted to just plan out a trip with stopping points and points of interest like the guy in one of the videos did. He made it look so easy, and better than some of the apps I did pay for, but I kept those apps because they worked. One week isn't a long enough time to try to get help and figure out how to use an app that is complicated. I just wish I had longer to figure it out.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Do any of you have the "No Tolls" Avoidance selected?

The only filter I applied was "no dirt roads", so that wasn't the problem in my case, but thanks for the tip.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:50 AM   #10

Do you have a weight input for your vehicle/rig? I had an incorrect amount and it prevented certain routes I knew were safe. Reduce it to zero and see if it shows the route for you. Not sure why this is, unless the route has weight restrictions and the app checks for that.
BZTS561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:00 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi17 View Post
Thanks, that is what I found on Google Navigation, and a couple of other apps. I just can't figure out why I can't get that route to work on the RV Life app. It shows me a ton of warnings and low bridges. I didn't have "no tolls" selected, the only filter I added was "no dirt roads".

I compared the route to my truckers atlas, (Rand McNally), and could find no low bridges on that route in the truckers atlas, but the app kept telling me there was no route available, and showing me lots and lots of low bridges. I had the height of the camper set at 11'. Our camper is 10'3", but I rounded it up to 11' to be on the safe side.

I know it's probably because I did something wrong, but in spite of watching the You Tube videos, I still for the life of me can't figure out what is wrong. I wish I had had longer to figure it out, but when I couldn't get a route, I downloaded a couple of more apps, and could get routes with those apps. Since I only had a couple of more days before I would get charged, I canceled my subscription. It gets expensive to keep buying different apps, when you can't get some of them to work.

I feel really bad about cancelling. I really wanted to just plan out a trip with stopping points and points of interest like the guy in one of the videos did. He made it look so easy, and better than some of the apps I did pay for, but I kept those apps because they worked. One week isn't a long enough time to try to get help and figure out how to use an app that is complicated. I just wish I had longer to figure it out.
Just a comment, and a suggestion:
1)RE: No Route... Double check all of your Avoidances (both Default and Trip) to be absolutely sure something is not mistakenly selected. Also make sure your RV's height and weight are correctly stated in both your Default and Trip Settings. Question: Is RVTW proposing a route to a point and then saying "No Route Available"? Or are you getting no recommendation at all?? To see, for instance, if the Tappen Zee is the issue, do a Custom Stop (zero night) at a point before, but close to, the bridge on the route to see if you can get RVTW to propose directions to that point.
2)RE: Low Bridge Warnings: In most cases, those Low Clearance warnings are for the roads you are traveling over (on overpasses) vs. the roads you are on. An easy way to tell is to drag the highway icon at the lower right corner of your screen map to the location in question. That will automatically open Google Street View and you can see right away if the warning is for you or the route below you.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:56 AM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Kathi, that route i posted is good. No low bridges. I use the RV Life app and it works fine. You may have to go into the menu and check your figures.
Old Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:44 AM   #13

Thanks everyone

I did check all my info several times, and it was correct. I am going to try downloading it again, and see if I can do it right. This time, I don't think I will cancel it, I'll just keep trying until I get it. I have watched so many videos, and so many people love it, so when I get it figured out, it must be very good. Since I have a couple of other apps, I can keep comparing, to see what is going on. I just got so frustrated, and my time was running out for cancelling.

I have cancer and huge hospital bills, so money is an issue. We bought the camper because staying for a week or two at a time near the hospital was much less expensive than paying for hotels rooms and meals. We want to go to some place warmer for the winter because the cost of heating the house is so high, Also, living on an island in Maine, means the power goes out frequently during the winter, and sometimes stays off for days at a time. In Alabama, we can get spots for less money than the expenses up here, and enjoy the weather, and actually have heat, cell pone coverage and power all season. Plus, there are opportunities for jobs down there. Here, the economy is based on lobstering in the summer, and no jobs on the island in the winter, so we would be able to earn some money down there, even if it's flipping burgers at McDonald's.

Tags
route