Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2022, 04:37 AM   #1

Not Recomended Reviews?

I never saw this in Campground Reviews before, I had seen this "feature" in Yelp, they use it to "Hide" all the negative reviews and not count them toward the rating. (I call that a scam!) I only found that on Yelp after using it to find a restaurant in William Az last summer, which was rated at 4.5 stars. The meal was the worst our group ever experienced! Hands down, none of us could remember such a bad experience before. We back to Yelp to find out what I missed. That's when I found the "Not Recommended Reviews" section in Yelp. There were about 150+ one (1) Star reviews hidden in there. All basically having had the same experience as me. And not one of them were counted in the ratings. I removed my Yelp account and will not use them again as I view that as an unscrupulous business practice. I felt I had been defrauded.

I am seriously hoping that is not what RVTW will be doing with that new "feature" I just found this morning in the app.

-Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NotRecomendedReviewsRVTW.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	374129  
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2022, 10:57 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
From what I have read the reason these rating companies use for basically throwing out the worst ratings is; competitors will down rate their competition to make themselves look better. Just read an article a few days ago about a restaurant that said bad ratings had cost them in the neighborhood of 20% of their income.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
While this doesn't relate directly to the use of RVLIFE Trip Wizard, I can answer some of the reasons for a Not Recommended review on RV LIFE Campgrounds website which may be noted on Trip Wizard.
1. Spam. Enough said
2. Content contained libel/slander/accusations. Posting would open up RVLIFE/Social Knowledge to litigation.
3. Content contained vulgar, sexual, political, firearm, racist or any other comments not allowed on any RVLIFE site.
4. Review was submitted by someone associated with the park, which is against the rules.
5. Review was a dispute with management. Same as here on iRV2, customer disputes are not to be aired on the site.
6. Review was from someone who didn't stay at the park.
7. Review was from a disgruntled employee.
8. Review was from a neighboring park, bashing their competition, i.e. fake.

Those are just some I know of off the top of my head. Same as here on iRV2, that site relies on members to report questionable reviews. The staff there review the reports (same as here) & take action after discussing. Marking Not Recommended is one of the actions they have at their disposal.

If you have any questions about how reviews are handled, I suggest you use the Contact link on the RVLIFE Campgrounds page for an explanation from a site Administrator there.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
From what I have read the reason these rating companies use for basically throwing out the worst ratings is; competitors will down rate their competition to make themselves look better. Just read an article a few days ago about a restaurant that said bad ratings had cost them in the neighborhood of 20% of their income.

That isn't what Yelp is doing. My guess is there is a financial incentive buried in there.
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
Old 08-24-2022, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
While this doesn't relate directly to the use of RVLIFE Trip Wizard, I can answer some of the reasons for a Not Recommended review on RV LIFE Campgrounds website which may be noted on Trip Wizard.
1. Spam. Enough said
2. Content contained libel/slander/accusations. Posting would open up RVLIFE/Social Knowledge to litigation.
3. Content contained vulgar, sexual, political, firearm, racist or any other comments not allowed on any RVLIFE site.
4. Review was submitted by someone associated with the park, which is against the rules.
5. Review was a dispute with management. Same as here on iRV2, customer disputes are not to be aired on the site.
6. Review was from someone who didn't stay at the park.
7. Review was from a disgruntled employee.
8. Review was from a neighboring park, bashing their competition, i.e. fake.

Those are just some I know of off the top of my head. Same as here on iRV2, that site relies on members to report questionable reviews. The staff there review the reports (same as here) & take action after discussing. Marking Not Recommended is one of the actions they have at their disposal.

If you have any questions about how reviews are handled, I suggest you use the Contact link on the RVLIFE Campgrounds page for an explanation from a site Administrator there.

I hope so. Spam and other things like that can just be deleted. If they use it like Yelp, then we will have the problems.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
I never saw this in Campground Reviews before, I had seen this "feature" in Yelp, they use it to "Hide" all the negative reviews and not count them toward the rating. (I call that a scam!) I only found that on Yelp after using it to find a restaurant in William Az last summer, which was rated at 4.5 stars. The meal was the worst our group ever experienced! Hands down, none of us could remember such a bad experience before. We back to Yelp to find out what I missed. That's when I found the "Not Recommended Reviews" section in Yelp. There were about 150+ one (1) Star reviews hidden in there. All basically having had the same experience as me. And not one of them were counted in the ratings. I removed my Yelp account and will not use them again as I view that as an unscrupulous business practice. I felt I had been defrauded.

I am seriously hoping that is not what RVTW will be doing with that new "feature" I just found this morning in the app.

-Bill
i am sure you could get all your Yelp fees rebated to you if you were to raise the fraud issue with them. They probably will credit your account with that zero dollars and zero cents immediately.
Yelp is a private business and can have virtually any policy it wants. They have been sued countless times by businesses and their policies likely are a direct response geared towards minimizing their liability .
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:03 PM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Anytime I see a Yelp review I simply ignore it and move on. And for the reviews on RV Life Campgrounds I look for a pattern. Some are going to complain that they didn't like the tile color in the restrooms.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think it's a giant leap to presume or infer that something sinister is afoot when RV Park Reviews is trying to make sure that it's Users are receiving helpful, whether positive or negative, reviews from those submitting them. I don't want to have to wade thru a bunch of crap reviews from friends of park owners, enemies of park owners, people who just want to rant, people with an axe to grind, etc. Most parks get sufficient real reviews of varying opinions that if you take the time to read them will tell you whether the park meets your needs or not. This isn't a problem to me.
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
view