Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
RVTW

RV LIFE App Beta Testers Wanted

We are working towards a new version launch of the RV LIFE app. We have some really exciting features coming and are reaching out to see if you want to be a beta tester. Testers will have early access to V 2.0 and must be willing to test and give feedback about the new app. We invite you to apply below. Please note this first phase is a beta for IOS and iPhone users.

Thanks in advance!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...m?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #2

I'd love to test it but I refuse to purchase any product made by Apple. Has to do with them refusing the request from the FBI to unlock the terrorist's phone after the San Bernardino CA massacre in 2015.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #3

I found this place with the AllStays Camp & RV app:<br /><br /> Low Clearance 10-11 ft<br />Low Clearance<br />Mill Creek Rd between 45 and Forman Rd<br />Jefferson, Ohio 44047<br />Phone: <br /><br />You can see the location of this camp here:<br /> https://maps.google.com/?q=41.72152,-80.84476.<br /><br />My current GPS location is here:<br /> https://maps.google.com/?q=0.00000,0.00000.<br /> <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from Camp & RV<br />https://www.allstays.com/apps/camprv.htm

I’m a 2 yr paid member of the RVTZ app access. And I paid for the new RV Life and then updated and downloaded your Ohio map etc. routed me under this 10’-8” bridge. I cancelled my pd trial and deleted it off my iPad. Plus while using the proper RVTZ I’d and password RV life never found me nor my trips I had active or tentative.

Really disappointed
Old 08-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
I'd love to test it but I refuse to purchase any product made by Apple. Has to do with them refusing the request from the FBI to unlock the terrorist's phone after the San Bernardino CA massacre in 2015.
guess your not volunteering? Me thinks hes looking for others.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrvr View Post
guess your not volunteering? Me thinks hes looking for others.
Methinks he is peddling a product from a designer that has quality issues (and its in the BETA phase) for a platform that places its needs 1st while making money hand over fist with an offshore tax HQ all the while making its overpriced merchandise in a totalitarian/capitalist/1984 country which views any real freedoms as suspect or criminal.

Sorry. Didn't mean it to be taken politically. Just an observation. Carry on.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinntoMich View Post
Methinks he is peddling a product from a designer that has quality issues (and its in the BETA phase) for a platform that places its needs 1st while making money hand over fist with an offshore tax HQ all the while making its overpriced merchandise in a totalitarian/capitalist/1984 country which views any real freedoms as suspect or criminal.

Sorry. Didn't mean it to be taken politically. Just an observation. Carry on.

And maybe an accurate one! Still having licensing and performance issues on Android.

So far it has worked once. The first leg of a 3 leg trip. Now when I ask for the RV friendly guidance, it just sits and a spinner runs over the map. My second phone still wants me to buy another copy!
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Escape PHEV and DW.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #7

Wow , Beta lol who would have thought they would have an issue.. lol

Terrible capitalism .. totalitarianism.. whatever else ism you want to add..

I see him now.. all I wanted was a couple volunteers to help make a product better and all the sanders supporters came out haaaaaaaa
Old 08-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #8

Quote:

I see him now.. all I wanted was a couple volunteers to help make a product better and all the sanders supporters came out haaaaaaaa
Old 08-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #9

Actually not a beta more of an alpha guy. I can wait but the responses kill me
Old 08-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

I suppose you would be happy if you bought a new camper and it leaked. Then when talking to the dealer he said it was a beta version. He'll fix your leak in a few months, but he won't take it back.

My issue is that when they released it - it still didn't work, they knew it didn't work, but they took the money anyway. Not that it was much, it was more their attitude about it that stunk. At least with RVTW it works most of the time, even if it hangs occasionally. RVLife is just bad design and coding.
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Escape PHEV and DW.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman480 View Post
I suppose you would be happy if you bought a new camper and it leaked. Then when talking to the dealer he said it was a beta version. He'll fix your leak in a few months, but he won't take it back.
If thats how you relate the two totally different scenarios .. Wouldnt bother me one bit actually .. Most beta testers dont pay.. so Id say you were more of a sucker if you put money on a product (per se) as a beta tester when they should be paying you for something like that..

Go on Youtube and watch all the video's of the BETA testers... Product was given for a review.. Kinda how it normally works..

You should Never Buy a new beta camper.. They have a hard enough time with new models and bugs for a few years and some never recover.

Quote:
My issue is that when they released it - it still didn't work, they knew it didn't work, but they took the money anyway. Not that it was much, it was more their attitude about it that stunk. At least with RVTW it works most of the time, even if it hangs occasionally. RVLife is just bad design and coding.
Well if you say they Knew it didnt work.. How could you try it if it wasnt working? If I loaded a program and it didnt work.. I would either ignore it or delete or both.

I have no patience so I dont fit in the beta testers category
Old 08-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Tell View Post
... I cancelled my pd trial and deleted it off my iPad. Plus while using the proper RVTZ I’d and password RV life never found me nor my trips I had active or tentative.

Really disappointed
I'm sorry you weren't satisfied but if you still need an assist you can reach our support team via the contact links from the trip wizard home page.

We have already added the low clearance point to RVTW as it was reported previously to us by another user via the help desk. At the same time, we added the low clearance to our third party map provider. It will take a little time for them to process it and it will be updated on the maps with the map update. We have spent a lot of time researching and compiling Low Clearances and feel pretty good about our list; however, we are always open to suggestions and additions.

Quote:
And maybe an accurate one! Still having licensing and performance issues on Android.

So far it has worked once. The first leg of a 3 leg trip. Now when I ask for the RV friendly guidance, it just sits and a spinner runs over the map. My second phone still wants me to buy another copy!
With regards to Android, it’s definitely a more difficult platform to deliver an app to. The simple reason is that there are thousands of phones by different manufacturers with different screen sizes, memory, cpu’s, etc. What may work for many devices, doesn’t work for other devices. To test every Android device out there is impossible (even if we had the thousands of phone models in our possession). We have found some performance issues with regards to Android and are working to fix them and release an update.

With regards to buying an additional copy.... As long as you’re using the same Play Store ID on your multiple devices, you should be able to use RV LIFE on all of them. However, if you are using say your wife’s Play Store ID on a different phone, then that’s when Google’s Play Store will require her to have a subscription.

---

Folks - we're going to close this thread as the beta testers needed several months ago were found and subsequent posts are... well... off topic

If anyone has issues with the app, please submit a support ticket to support@rvlife.com

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread

Tags
test