Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #1

RV Life APP Crashes Today 9/24/21

Up until last night the RV Life App worked pretty good, there were times when it wanted me to pay again and times when it didn't want to let me pull up my planned route (or any other route at all). Those issues usually worked themselves out and I attributed it to Operator Error.

Last night it started crashing and I can't get past the log in page when it shuts down completely (crashes). I deleted and reloaded the app. Changed the PW. Cycled my iPhone off and on. What is going on? Is it me, the iPhone, or the App.
DHew64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 08:23 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Question RVLife App is Bugging Out

Perhaps this is an isolated problem but about 2-3 days ago my RV Life app began resetting or even closing out on my iPhone while traveling. I was using the embedded RV GPS function at the time. Fortunately I run 2 GPS's in parallel (Garmin 770) just in case.
This morning the app, on my iPhone 12 (iOS 14) would open up then disappear. 3 or 4 times before I deleted the app off the phone and reloaded. Same result.
I went to the desktop version and was prompted to refresh my password. AHA! that must have been the problem?
After update, deleted then re-installed the app on my iPhone and entered new password when prompted. Same 'close-out' result.
BTW, the desktop version was quite satisfied with the new password and worked fine.
Final act of desperation was to delete iPhone app again, update to iOS 15, re-install app, only to get same result after entering new password.
App is currently deleted off the iPhone for now.
Anyone else seeing this issue?

BTW---after original post, I saw recent related post from DHew64. My apologies for 'double entry'.
Merunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merunge View Post
Perhaps this is an isolated problem but about 2-3 days ago my RV Life app began resetting or even closing out on my iPhone while traveling. I was using the embedded RV GPS function at the time. Fortunately I run 2 GPS's in parallel (Garmin 770) just in case.
This morning the app, on my iPhone 12 (iOS 14) would open up then disappear. 3 or 4 times before I deleted the app off the phone and reloaded. Same result.
I went to the desktop version and was prompted to refresh my password. AHA! that must have been the problem?
After update, deleted then re-installed the app on my iPhone and entered new password when prompted. Same 'close-out' result.
BTW, the desktop version was quite satisfied with the new password and worked fine.
Final act of desperation was to delete iPhone app again, update to iOS 15, re-install app, only to get same result after entering new password.
App is currently deleted off the iPhone for now.
Anyone else seeing this issue?

BTW---after original post, I saw recent related post from DHew64. My apologies for 'double entry'.
I am having the SAME problem and made a post. Hopefully someone will answer today. We are moving again tomorrow. Glad to know I'm not out here by myself.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:30 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
DHew64,
i just saw your post. I likely have the same problem as I posted just a few minutes ago on probably the same issue. Look for "RV Life App Bugging Out".
The App is not behaving well.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:32 AM   #5
Community Administrator

We’ve merged these two threads. We’re aware of this and it’s being worked on. Thank you both for posting.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just an update folks, an update is being released to address these issues. For Android users this is already available. For IOS users we are waiting for the App store to release this but it's expected in the next few hours.

Thanks for your patience.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And another update:

An update has just been released to both the App store and to the Play store that should resolve this.

You can update RV LIFE app by going to the Apple Store (for Apple devices) or Google Play (for Android devices). Search for RV LIFE and download.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #8

It works now!

I had to delete the app and reload it. Thanks to the Tech Team.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
DHew64,
I tried this and it worked (for now).
Go to the RV Life website on your laptop, desktop, etc. https://rvlife.com
Then scroll down to the banner screen for "RV Life App". Hit the "Learn More" button.
You will see you are given a choice to send the App download pathway as a text to your phone. Do that.
Before you click on the texted link, delete the current version of the App off your phone.
Now click the texted link and download as you would any app (note this version screen says recent fix has been for 'crashing on start-up').
When you open the app and login, it will....not crash.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #10

I was having the same issue. Just now I removed the app from my iPhone 12 and reinstalled it from the App Store. It works!!

We did have problems navigating without it, but we used our garmin and it was ok. However, it needs to be updated too, but at least it worked. You don’t realize how much you rely on something until it’s gone.
abcmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #11

RV life won’t open on iPhone 12

Today I tried to open up RV life app to plan a trip. The app won’t open at all. Is RV life down. Any solutions.
Harlande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:20 AM   #12
RV LIFE Support Team

The RV Life production version is 3.1.0 Please update if you are not on that version.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #13

Hmm. In response to my App Crashing, starting a bit over a week ago, I got this response. (see pic) So the response was kind of odd since (based on this thread) it was a known issue, and the app was updated prior to this email being sent on the 29th

RVTW support doesn't include any prior conversation for the issue and the support ticket is always the same number for me, I have submitted probably 5 issues over the last couple months, so its very odd using the same ticket number, having being involved with a few different support ticketing systems in the past.

. -Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TWproblem.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	344880  
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:20 AM   #14
RV LIFE Support Team

Bill,

We do not see a ticket number normally. All replies for a ticket are kept together so they would have the same ticket number.

If you create a new ticket I would think it would have a new number.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote