Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
RV Life GPS Nav ??

Is there any forum information on RV Life GPS Nav app? Trip Wizards newer app partner?
I have been trying to use it and set it up . There is one part I don't like already. When I up load my TW trips it opens them up to the first stop only. I can't find a way to get it to show the entire trip.
It has another issue I have not figured out yet also. No speaking voice for directions. I figure that is on me ,because nobody would build one with out voice directions.
I can seem to find any forums for support of it. Did I miss that too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ScopesNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2021, 05:08 AM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

After you start your route,swipe up from the bottom and you will be able to display your entire route via a button. there us also an Option button where you can turn voice navigation on.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
After you start your route,swipe up from the bottom and you will be able to display your entire route via a button. there us also an Option button where you can turn voice navigation on.
Funny because I do not have any kind of button for voice option.
I also can't swipe anything up. There is a red bar at the bottom and when I swipe up nothing shows in it. I think it has option from what I have read that I want , but I'm not seeing. I even see screen captures of things on the site mine doesn't show.
I may have may have a bad download. PUNT ! I'll delete and try again. Haven't tried that yet. Was my last resort.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #4
RV LIFE Support Team

You need to get to the point where you have started navigating a trip. A green Start should be on the bottom.Start the trip, next screen there should be a Red Stop, that is where you swipe up

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 01-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
You need to get to the point where you have started navigating a trip. A green Start should be on the bottom.Start the trip, next screen there should be a Red Stop, that is where you swipe up
Yeah I hit start and not a thing happens
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2021, 12:38 PM   #6
RV LIFE Support Team

Before I pass this on.

Did you do the download and then logon again?

Also, would you please send a ticket into the Help Desk. Problems are easier to manage from the Help Desk and all our resources are available.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 01-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Before I pass this on.

Did you do the download and then logon again?

Also, would you please send a ticket into the Help Desk. Problems are easier to manage from the Help Desk and all our resources are available.
I did and I think I did.
I sent in to the site messages when the site couldn't answer my questions. No ticket info though. It acts like a beta. I really think its a me thing and not the software. I just can't find the answer to whatever it is I missing. Frustrating for sure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #8
RV LIFE Support Team

Let's review the process.

Assumption you are logged on and have trips created in RVTW.

You swipe up on Campground Map, select RVTW, tap a trip, go to 3 dots on upper right, tap Start Directions at First Stop, tap RV Friendly, builds route, Start appears, you tap Start and nothing happens,

Try tapping Start a few times, sometimes it is obstinate.

If you get past start, swipe up, tap Options and turn on Voice Nav.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 01-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Let's review the process.

Assumption you are logged on and have trips created in RVTW.

You swipe up on Campground Map, select RVTW, tap a trip, go to 3 dots on upper right, tap Start Directions at First Stop, tap RV Friendly, builds route, Start appears, you tap Start and nothing happens,

Try tapping Start a few times, sometimes it is obstinate.

If you get past start, swipe up, tap Options and turn on Voice Nav.

I have been there many times and have logged in out a few times Rebooted my tablet a few times. Each time I get trips from my Wizard loaded up and hit start. Nothing happens after that. Unless RV Life can't run on Android 10 I have no other reason why it won't work. I have more than enough ram and CPU on my tablet to run it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #10
RV LIFE Support Team

I am aware of a map provider problem with Android. I thought it was a single user, but maybe not. I'll post it but it is the weekend.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 01-09-2021, 02:04 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I am aware of a map provider problem with Android. I thought it was a single user, but maybe not. I'll post it but it is the weekend.

Thanks for the help with this. I think it is a great idea and the app will serve us all well in the end. It will be the RV'ers WAYS for GPS Navigation. Being able to load and use the Trip Wizard build is huge.
I do think there should be a section for RV Life just like the Wizard has in the forums.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2021, 02:23 PM   #12
RV LIFE Support Team

We really don't get many questions on IRV2 about RV Life.

Just to let you know, I have an Android phone and it is working fine.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 01-25-2021, 07:53 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Ok so now I know the RV LIFE GPS app start button does not work on 2 of my Android tablets. It was 3 tablets but as of today and for reasons I don't know it works on one of my tablets. That same tablet did not work yesterday. Today I deleted the entire app maps and all and it works. (PAINFUL LOADING UP MAPS FOR SURE ) I tried the same thing on my other 2 tablets and they still do not work. The start button does nothing. Not sure , but there has been no update that I can see. All 3 tablets have the same version. Whatever the issue is it is a strange one indeed.
Now that I can use it I find it lacks some user controls or I can't find them.
Can't set the speed limit alarm, Can't change voices, Does load the Trop Wizard maps with slight issues. Seems to make slight changes. AT least it did on 2 of mine. It also missed 2 fueling stops on one of my built maps and 1 fuel stop on another map. These were all issues when I loaded up the trip maps I built on RV Trip Wizard.
This does look to have promise , but not working well at this time. I'll stick to Co Pilot and Smart RV route for now. I can still upload RTW maps to them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-26-2021, 04:08 AM   #14
RV LIFE Support Team

Jim, I will pass this on but I need some info from you.

For each Tablet I need the Android Version and the App version.

Let's designate them Tablet A, B, C for our sanity.

RV LIFE Support Team

Tags
gps